Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Campaign Idea (3.5 )

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:29 am
I was going though some of my old games and I found one that I think would be kind of fun.

I don't have a backstory yet, but the just would be You are sent to a prison island. Similiar to Alcatraz there you are to serve out your sentence. It will be largely roleplay, little fighting unless if you want to try your hand at the guards and/or each other, as you and the others live out your planned out lives.

This is just a check if any one else would like the idea. If it so then I will write up a creation guild.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:39 am
Are you going to be giving everyone a "goal" of some kind like escaping or something along those lines? Otherwise, I can see things getting stale fairly quickly.  

bamaotaku
Crew

Seiryna

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:57 am
yeah lol, it sounds like a great start for something interesting, but with no real direction after that... =x tell everyone to make a char. of X level and fully equip them with X gold. then when the game starts say oh yeah you're all on this prison island with non of your equipment, or magical items and theres a magic dampening/anti-magic field surrounding the whole place for all you spell casters. lol I can see so many people being totally and utterly lost and having no clue on what to do XD  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:16 pm
I imagine prison would be rather boring. I wouldn't exactly like the idea of being imprisoned 24 hours of the day in solitary. And if we're in prison, we're usually in here for a reason. An evil party wouldn't work well. There be a lot of party shanking with broken glass and spoons carved into knives.

Deadusernamelol

Seiryna

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:13 pm
[EC2] Carthinator
I imagine prison would be rather boring. I wouldn't exactly like the idea of being imprisoned 24 hours of the day in solitary. And if we're in prison, we're usually in here for a reason. An evil party wouldn't work well. There be a lot of party shanking with broken glass and spoons carved into knives.

doesn't have to be as such, you could do something like the count of monte cristo, or the man in the iron mask. there for the party would not necessarily have to be evil, but merely wrongfully imprisoned, and by the sound of the whole island prison thing it would actually work out well. as in the count of monte cristo thast how it starts out XD the guy is wrongfully imprisoned and sent to this little island prison because thast where they send all the people they know are really innocent, but still want them 'removed'. but like I said its an interesting start for something that could be alot longer, then just you're stuck in prison have fun lol =x  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:31 pm
Lilly Bloodthorn
[EC2] Carthinator

doesn't have to be as such, you could do something like the count of monte cristo, or the man in the iron mask. there for the party would not necessarily have to be evil, but merely wrongfully imprisoned, and by the sound of the whole island prison thing it would actually work out well. as in the count of monte cristo thast how it starts out XD the guy is wrongfully imprisoned and sent to this little island prison because thast where they send all the people they know are really innocent, but still want them 'removed'. but like I said its an interesting start for something that could be alot longer, then just you're stuck in prison have fun lol =x

I like the idea of Con Air much more if I were to be a Good type character who's imprisoned. The type who has committed a crime that was not fully intentional. I also recommend the movie, for those who have not seen it.

Deadusernamelol

Seiryna

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:43 pm
[EC2] Carthinator
Lilly Bloodthorn
[EC2] Carthinator

I like the idea of Con Air much more if I were to be a Good type character who's imprisoned. The type who has committed a crime that was not fully intentional. I also recommend the movie, for those who have not seen it.

not a bad movie <.<' but I was trying to stick with the whole castle island prison thing <.<' somehow...I just see airplanes being out of place in D&D >.>' Maybe they move prisoners via Solar Whale XD and it suffers a heart attack and dies mid flight? XD  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:29 pm
I would see a zeppelin or a hot air balloon for Dnd than a plane but that is just me.

I have worked on a back story and can have it up by tomorrow. But it is just a back story, I like to build on what the party does, the PC's back stories, and world history.  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces