Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
CSS Code/Profile malfunction (A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Chouchou

2,700 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:16 am
Ok, so i was playing around with my profile, making the panels transparent, but it didn't work like i wanted it to, so i took out the CSS Code from the theme override box, and clicked update but it didn't work. My profile stayed the way it was. Now my panels are transparent and stuck that way. I tried saving my changes and going into view mode, but that didn't work. I tried logging out and back on but that didn't work. I tried closing my web browser and opening it again, but guess what? It didn't work. I need advice about what you think is wrong or what I should do, cause I'm out of ideas.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:18 pm
try going to account settings>>profile options>>choose profile >>current
I'm not sure, that happened to me but I don't remember very well  

great grape juice

5,350 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Statustician 100

mahi poi no ka oi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:46 pm
1. Delete everything from your theme override. Judging by the page source of your profile, a customizable portion:
html,body { background: url(http://images.free-extras.com/pics/f/florida_gators_logo-789.gif) repeat top left; }
#columns{opacity: .5; -moz-opacity: .5; filter:alpha(opacity=50) -khtml-opacity: .5;}
#id_details:hover{opacity: .9; -moz-opacity: .9; filter:alpha(opacity=90) -khtml-opacity: .9;}

is what is causing your profile to be that way. So you either didn't delete everything from your theme override box, or you didn't save your changes after deleting every thing in the box.

2. Make sure to click the save all changes button at the bottom of the page.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:04 am
Yeah, I do that. I remove it from the theme override box, click update, and close the box. Then i click save, and then view, but it doesn't work. When i go back to the theme override box, the code that i deleted is still there. I think that it's a problem with the update button, but i don't know what to do about it.  

Lady Chouchou

2,700 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

mahi poi no ka oi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:59 pm
Firstly clear your cache and cookies and try again. If that doesn't work, reboot your com. If that doesn't work, try using a Mozilla browser like Firefox, Flock, or Seamonkey because IE can be stupid a lot of times.  
☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games