Welcome to Gaia! ::

Green; The Eco Guild [LARGEST ON GAIA!]

Back to Guilds

If you love the earth, and want to be part of a group with the same ideals, this is the guild for you! 

Tags: Ecosystem, green, earth, water, clean 

Reply 5:: Topic: Resources.
Sakakikala- The Litterbug?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would this be an acceptable form of littering?
  YESH!
  NO!!!!
  I dunno...
View Results

Sakakikala
Crew

4,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:54 pm
Okay, the other day I was running late to the bus stop for school, so I simply grabbed an apple and munched on it on my way to the bus stop.

However, I was faced with a dilemma.
If I toss it in the bus' trash can, Not only would I get in trouble(a friend did that with a napkin from a doughnut when he got on the bus one day...) but the apple core would go in a landfill and never be able to compost itself.

If I tossed the core on the ground, sure it would decompose, but then It could be seen as littering, and in most places you get fined for that(I dunno about my neighborhood through)

I opted for the tossing the core on the ground so it could undergo it's decomposing process without being forced in a landfill.

What are YOUR opinions on that?

I mean, it's not like I tossed trash(as in things like cans, wrappers or non-recyclables).

But it was STILL littering...
Wasn't it?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:42 pm
if its natural i toss it in the yard. or out in the woods depending on where i am.

alot of people have called me a litterbug for it but i really dont see why since its natural and helps the dirt become better for new plant life  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Stars Flying
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:45 pm
If I were you, I probably would have done the same thing, or I would have wrapped it in a napkin and put it away so I could bring it home and throw it in my yard to avoid being called a litterbug. However, it would waste a napkin... so I guess I would have just tossed it on the ground and put up with what other people think. I don't think throwing organic objects or plant material on the ground counts as littering, but apparently society thinks a little differently.

You can also compost paper towels. But if you carry a fabric one, that could work too. :3  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:47 am
Ooo.. I see your dilemma ><
Hmmm, maybe you should have like just tossed it near a plant or tree .. I dunnooo xp  

Renaleen

2,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
5:: Topic: Resources.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items