Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
How do you get your car in your signature?(A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

dan4334

1,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:17 pm
How do you get your car in your signature? I have no idea, I've looked on the signature page and the My car page but can't find it. Can someone please help me?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:03 am
Hover your mouse over the "My Gaia" tab, and then click on the little gear icon in the drop-down menu that says "Account Settings". Scroll all the way down and the bottom section will say "Images." There will be options for how you view other people's signatures, what kind of images you want to see in general, and options to display your Car, Aquarium, both or neither in your siggy. =D  

Sami Von Disco

7,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Megathread 100

dan4334

1,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:58 pm
Sami Von Disco
Hover your mouse over the "My Gaia" tab, and then click on the little gear icon in the drop-down menu that says "Account Settings". Scroll all the way down and the bottom section will say "Images." There will be options for how you view other people's signatures, what kind of images you want to see in general, and options to display your Car, Aquarium, both or neither in your siggy. =D

I just looked there there are options for displaying cars, aquariums, and user signatures for other people but for my signature I only have the option to show my aquarium. what's going on?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:27 pm

Have you already purchased a car and parked it in the garage? If so, have you marked that one as the one you would like to use in rally?

If those conditions are not met, there might be no indicator that you have a car that CAN be displayed in your signature. Make sure everything is set up through your garage first and see if the option to display in your signature appears.

Daypaw

Hardened Member

dan4334

1,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:58 am
Daypaw

Have you already purchased a car and parked it in the garage? If so, have you marked that one as the one you would like to use in rally?

If those conditions are not met, there might be no indicator that you have a car that CAN be displayed in your signature. Make sure everything is set up through your garage first and see if the option to display in your signature appears.

I've only got the car you get for free at the start but I've bought some nice parts for it so I have a car, It's my only car, it's parked in my garage, it's set to be my rally car, but still no results I'm afraid sad

I've also tried disabling all "GAIA LABS" experiments as well still nothing sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:02 am
I've moved this thread to http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/bug-reports-technical-support/putting-my-car-in-my-signature-option-seems-to-be-missing/t.59506949/ Please post there instead  

dan4334

1,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Autobiographer 200

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:19 am
Just in case people were wondering, he found the answer here. [link] (In his other thread.)

I wish I'd caught this thread earlier, I was about to say this same thing... but it looks like he got a lot of good info in the other thread. :]

HyruleanHero
Quote:
As a side effect to these changes, car signatures will no longer be working. Sorry! We'd like to bring them back in the future, but only after we figure out something more interesting to do with them.

From this Announcement.

Also, just as friendly advise, it's not really necessary to link to your profile in your signature. We can get to it by clicking on your avatar, as sigs only appear in two places, forums and your profile (if you have it set to do the latter).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:32 pm
my link isn't working properly so use sdrawkcab's instead  

dan4334

1,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Autobiographer 200
☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers