Welcome to Gaia! ::

Elves on Bookshelves - The Bookcase for Friends of Fantasy

Back to Guilds

A literate guild for readers: We mainly discuss books, but feel free to share jokes and real life issues; we'll laugh and cry with you. 

Tags: contests & quests & advice for writers, faery games and medieval quizzes, original poetry, fan art and fiction, library of myths and legends, fun magic wizard, bookworm & bibliophile 

Reply Shh, the Librarians Will Never Know We're Here!
Any anime or manga stories

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NekoGirlYukiza13

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:35 pm
Hi again!!! I am a total fanatic of anime and manga.

In case you're not sure of what I'm talking about anime is the type of Japanese cartoon that a lot of channels have. They include, but are not limited to, Naruto, Bleach, Yu-Gi-Oh, Sailor Moon, Deathnote, Chibi Vampire, Tokyo Mew Mew, Full Metal Alchemist (FMA), and Code Geass (I apologize if some of them are misspelled).

Manga are the books that are read opposite of American books. They are also written in Japan. A lot of animes are actually based on these mangas no matter how different they are.

As you may have noticed on Adult Swim and some other channels, FMA has come out with a new anime series that is more like the manga called Brotherhood.

I just wanted to see how many anime/manga lovers there are out there. So comment please! What is your favorite anime and who would you recommend it to? It is important to say the age groups because some are just a little too mature for some readers.

Thank you and have a great day!!!!
NekoGirlYukiza13  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:09 pm
I love anime. 3nodding I have the list of what anime and manga I like on my profile but I will put that the oringal Fullmetal Alchemist anime is my favorite anime and that Loveless is my favorite manga. Anime is one of my many passions. I will be attending the Anime Convention in Witchita, Kansas this summer. It is called AFW. They will have the voice actors for Edward Elric (Vic Mignogna), Roy Mustang (Travis Willingham), and Riza Hawkeye (Colleen Clinkenbeard) from Fullmetal Alchemist as their special guests this year!! I hope to see you there!!

NekoGirlItzura

Alutian

Vicious Duelist

6,350 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:29 am
I don't consume a wide variety of manga or anime - it's really limited to Bleach. And it's amazing how you can pick up little Japanese words here and there just because they're repeated so much in the dialogue.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:46 pm
I like anime and manga when I can get my hands on it. Some of my favorites are FMA, Code Geass, Fruits Basket, Black Bird, Ultimo...  

xxEverBluexx

6,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200

Elf on a Bookshelf
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:57 pm
Animes and mangas are great, heart and we already have a thread to discuss them under the Fave Manga topic. I'm going to lock this thread and we can continue this discussion in the other thread. razz  
Shh, the Librarians Will Never Know We're Here!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games