8,975 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:19 pm
Just a touch of humor for all you fighters. smile

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/056/8/f/CM__Bruises_by_Tre_chan.jpg  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:26 pm
I was talking to someone in my kingdom via Facebook, and she said that the first time she went to her doctor, the doctor looked very earnest and asked if her husband did that to her. She said without thinking, "Yes, we were fighting," and then had to explain what it meant -- they were just rehearsing for (Pennsic) War! Now she and her doctor have a chuckle about every little bruise and cut, "Oh, did your husband do that? I hope you got him back." "Oh, yeah, you should see him and the other four guys. Black and blue all over."  

Divash

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Lady Pica

Salty Wench

8,975 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:49 pm
We had something similar to that happened in our kingdom- there had been a tournament, which the husband and wife participated in, both of them were black and blue. A few days later, the wife turned her ankle in the garden, went to the hospital. A nurse asked her if hr husband had done it, and unthinkingly she replied, "Yeah, him and a few friends." Hospital separated them, had police arresting him, and questioning her. They had to call in their marshall and a few others to bring the rule book and gear so theycould show it was a fun hobby. We're pretty sure the police still think they're nuts. XD  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:26 am
I have a friend who had a similar experience to this. She was actually a fencer but she bruises easily. There was a cop checking to building for something or other and when he got to her apartment, she was wearing a tank top and her arms were covered with buises. He was certain that her roomate (another friend of mine) was her abusive boyfriend. That fellow has actually had this reaction from at least one other cop in an urelated situation. It's kind of funny since he's more likely to beat up the abusive boyfriend.  

Out to the Black

Berzerker_prime

3,800 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:58 pm
Out to the Black
I have a friend who had a similar experience to this. She was actually a fencer but she bruises easily. There was a cop checking to building for something or other and when he got to her apartment, she was wearing a tank top and her arms were covered with buises. He was certain that her roomate (another friend of mine) was her abusive boyfriend. That fellow has actually had this reaction from at least one other cop in an urelated situation. It's kind of funny since he's more likely to beat up the abusive boyfriend.

Fencing bruises are nothing to scoff at, really. One can get hit pretty hard in fencing, especially in melees. I don't usually bruise easily and I have them a lot!

The thing about fencing bruises is that they are small and concentrated and happen a lot on your upper arms. They totally look like someone's been grabbing you roughly! Whenever I have big ones on my arms, I make sure to wear at least elbow-length sleeves to work just to avoid this sort of misunderstanding.

I did slip up once, though, and wear a sleeveless shirt. My boss saw a gigantic bruise on my arm and nearly hit the ceiling until I explained what I had been doing. Between that and the time I brought my sword in with me from the car to keep it warm, I'm pretty sure she thinks I'm stark-raving mad.

sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:01 pm
Berzerker_prime
the time I brought my sword in with me from the car to keep it warm

Oh my, I can't even imagine the trouble I'd have if I brought a sword into work, even with such a benign purpose as keeping it warm.

Sir_Catherine

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250
SCA Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items