Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
Adding a bump thread? (A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

eccentriciti

2,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:38 pm
Hi; My first question: I would like to get the details of how you would make a bump thread on your aquarium to bump to a different thread using just the word "BUMP" or "bump me" etc.. I have been searching but my computer skills leave a lot to be desired, I would appreciate any help especially if it leads me step by step.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:49 pm

There is no way to link your aquarium to an active forum; there is a thread in your aquarium for visitors to leave you messages, but this can not be moved elsewhere- nor can it be set up to post messages in another forum if someone leaves you an aquarium message.

To make a bump thread in the forums, you can either bump in an active thread or make a nonsense thread in the chatterbox.

Daypaw

Hardened Member

eccentriciti

2,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:59 pm
Perhaps I didn't ask that question very clearly. You know when you are in a booty grab thread in forums many Gaians have a link to their tank in a different thread in aquarium forums. Usually they say things like "bump here", or "bump my glow" and when you click on it you are taken to a another thread in the aquarium forums. What I would like to know is how I place a bump on my aquarium in those forums, saying "bump here if I am glowing". My aquarium exists in these forums but as I mentioned before I am not great on a computer and am looking at the actual method used or code to insert that link.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:13 pm
Well, eccentriciti, I honestly know nothing about the Aquariums but you can probably get better help in The Gaia Aquarium Forums

Hope this helps,
Josh  

Heartless Josh

Daypaw

Hardened Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:35 am

I think I understand what you're saying;

What you'll want to do is get the URL of the page your aquarium is on. If you look up at the top of your browser, that's the long string of text that starts with http://

Go to the page where your aquarium is where you would like the bumps to go, and then highlight and copy the URL.

If you want to post a link directing others to that thread, you would post

[url=YOUR URL WILL GO HERE]Bump here if I'm Glowing![/url]

For example, if I wanted to link to this particular thread and say 'Come here to assist me' the code would be as follows:

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=18383433]Come here to assist me[/url]

Which will result in:

Come here to assist me

This directs you back to this page, so just replace the URL with your own thread and post it in your signature or in other forums and people will be able to get to your thread just fine.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:57 pm
Thanks, that seems like what I am looking for it might take a couple of days to find my way to link my aquarium but I will let you know how it all turns out.  

eccentriciti

2,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250

Daypaw

Hardened Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:27 pm

Feel free to continue asking questions if you encounter any further difficulties heart

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:09 pm
To me it sounds like she wants to place a link to her bump/glow thead in the comments on the Aquarium itself... Does the Aquarium support bbcode?  

Sami Von Disco

7,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Megathread 100

Daypaw

Hardened Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:17 pm

I do not believe that BBC is supported in the aquarium threads.

Even so, there would be no way to sticky that particular message; it would need to be continually re-posted to remain visible.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:26 pm
Sami Von Disco
To me it sounds like she wants to place a link to her bump/glow thead in the comments on the Aquarium itself... Does the Aquarium support bbcode?

You see how you have VIP above your aquarium well that is where I want the bump thread. The object is to have it bump from one thread that hosts my aquarium to different thread that also hosts it.  

eccentriciti

2,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250

eccentriciti

2,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:06 pm
Don't laugh, how does this look? Does it go in my signature? xd
Please bump here if I am glowing.

I am afraid to try it! Tried it, it just opens to a black screen.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:32 pm
eccentriciti
Don't laugh, how does this look? Does it go in my signature? xd
Please bump here if I am glowing.

I am afraid to try it! I did it thanks! I love you all you have no idea what torture this has been for a lot of people, tis' a wonderful guild you have here it tis'.

eccentriciti

2,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250

Daypaw

Hardened Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:22 pm

We're eager to please 3nodding

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:26 pm
I have to apologize for chomping on the bit, you see it doesn't work quite right and I do not want others to be led astray by my premature exuberance. This just bumps to one thread, the existing bumps are done between two threads at least, so when you bump from one you can bump back to the other thread with a forum post page in between. I hope I am not becoming a bother here if I find out how to do this somewhere else ie. aquarium forums, I will let you know. Hopefully I will have an answer soon!  

eccentriciti

2,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250

eccentriciti

2,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:09 pm
I have it now. Go to Gaia Aquarium Forums,post new,reserve 16 posts delete 14 (creates less lag), copy address from address bar, hit reply in your new thread. Now hit the url button, a window will open, paste address press okay. Anew window opens. Type in this window what you want your bump to say ie. "Bump my glow." When you are finished this step "DO NOT SUBMIT!". Copy what you have just created, go to your signature. If you would like to change the color or appearance of your link you can do it here before you save it. Paste and save, you have now created your bump.  
☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games