Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
Is the Chatterbox bad? (A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fairy Tail Mirajane

2,650 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:24 pm
It seems like the Chatterbox is a bad place... I read forum rules and they all say threads that are off topic can be moved to the Chatterbox, and with the way everyone acts about it, it seems like a pretty serious threat. I haven't been to the Chatterbox yet; honestly I'm kind of scared to go. sweatdrop SO my question is, is the Chatterbox bad, and why does it have such a bad reputation? Is it a place I should avoid?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:33 pm
It isn't. It is just really off topic and people who post there don't care what happens to the threads. All it is s mindless babble. it isn't bad though.  

ecopper12

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:35 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Of course not! The Chatterbox is a great place to make friends and engage in light, casual discussions or play miscellaneous games. Just read through the Chatterbox Rules & Guidelines, avoid threads that look like they violate them (I.E. naughty roleplays) and you should be fine.

The Chatterbox has a questionable reputation because it is, essentially, Gaia's "kitchen sink." Everything that doesn't belong anywhere else ... belongs in the Chatterbox. Sometimes, in the Chatterbox, you'll find roleplays that have risque or non-PG13 content. Should you come across a thread like this or should you find someone who is attempting to violate the Terms of Service (by inviting someone else to engage in cyber-sex, share personal information, etc.), you should report the culprit immediately.

I hope this helps! Have fun!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:35 pm

User Image

To answer your question in a word: no.

Chatterbox is just another forum. No one will beat you up, and not everyone is mean or begging for gold. The reason threads are moved to chatterbox is if they are irrelevant to the forum they were in. The only reason everyone makes such a big deal out of moving it is because the owner of the thread usually gets all protective, saying that it IS the right forum.

Chatterbox is for everything, as is General Discussion.

User Image

Life Hath Immortality

Fairy Tail Mirajane

2,650 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:37 pm
Ah, ok, thanks for the info! It explains a lot. =D  
☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff