Back to Guilds

Tags: Browncoat, Firefly, Serenity, Joss Whedon, Nathan Fillion 

Reply Aimin' To Misbehave - Main
New Happenings. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you have hugged the supermarket Jayne guy?
  Totally! Why didn't you?!
  No... you're right, that would have been kind of sketchy.
  Forget hugging him - I would have grabbed the hat and ran. >:3
  What are you talking about, woman?!
  Just bein' a poll whore, preacher.
View Results

disco-dragons

Aged Browser

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:58 am
Well, I saw the notice from KoN about how the guild is kind of dying, and I thought, "NOES!"
This is not allowed to happen. D:<

Not that I've been posting, and for that I'm very sorry. :< -apologetic bow-

So, Browncoats, what's happening?

I have recently started using 'shiny' as a common word in my speech. I don't mean to do it - it just happens. Wouldn't Mal be proud of me? >o<

Ohyes, and I saw a guy at the supermarket the other day wearing a Jayne hat. It made my day. I wanted to go and give him a hug, but he looked like he was with his girlfriend and I didn't want to look sketchy. o-o;

heart

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:24 am
Actually, I lied in the poll. I wouldn't have stolen his cunning hat...because I already have one of my own! Yee! It was a cristmas present.  

gorramKayna
Vice Captain

The Hegemon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:28 am
You use "Shiny" as a common word? I use "Gorram" in all of its wonderful forms when I want to use an expletive that isn't a common expletive. If that made any sense at all.

Also, I would have started whistling Jayne's theme.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:57 am
This winter there was a major snowstorm in Oklahoma so all that was on was weather. Boring, right? Well while watching the weather I discovered that there is a town in Oklahoma called Canton. I can't help but wonder if this little town in Oklahoma has a giant statue of Jayne.....  

Krilana

6,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Seraphor

Eloquent Explorer

7,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:05 am
What a strange coincidence.
Just yesterday I watch Serenity, I just got it on Blu-Ray, then today I come on Gaia and find the announcement. XD  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:08 pm
I'd probably have walked past and been like 'Shiny hat' 3nodding  

King Of Ninjas
Captain

Theophilos

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:31 pm
"Neat-o!"  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:20 pm
All Joss Whedon fans in general are almost secret society like though, so they immediately trust and feel more comfortable around you than just strangers. Thus the hug, providing you mentioned it was becuase you knew it was a cunning hat, would not have been out of place. I know I instantly feel connected to someone who knows Firefly/Buffy/Serenity.
I was doing crew for a play and one of the actors who I had said hi to a couple of times started a conversation with me asking what my favorite show was. I said "How I Met Your Mother" he correctly guessed I was an NPH fan and asked if I watched Dr. Horrible, which I soon asked if he knew Firefly, and we soon learned we both had just as nerdy sci-fi tastes. Basically for the remainder of the run, we refrenced Buffy, Firefly, Commentary the Musical, XKCD, and on before every show. Twas' epic.

+Lily.Among.The.Thorns+

anjelkake
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:47 am
I'd have sung the ballad of Jayne at him in a loud and obnoxious fashion, refusing to stop until he gave me the hat. Ok probably not but id have thought about it later and wished i had sad  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:12 am
Sounds like most of you are more creative than I am. xD

@gorramKanya: I am SO jealous! Best X-mas pressie ever!

@CRShepard: Gorram straight! It made sense. ;D

@Krilana: It should!

@KoN: -highfive-

@anjelkake: Oh, good one. :'D

disco-dragons

Aged Browser

King Of Ninjas
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:28 pm
Check that. I'd have said 'Cunning hat' and walked off  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:08 am
I've apparently started using gorram as a swear without realizing it. It highly amused my friends.  

Out to the Black

Kaptain King

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:57 pm
i say shiny a lot, and i need to go into this knitting/darning (whatever the verb is!) store round the corner and ask them to make me several Jayne cunning hats to distribute to my fellow browncoat friends.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:49 pm
I also use "shiny" from time to time... it's kinda intentional though.

And I want a Jayne hat. Like, seriously.  

Chenrezi

5,950 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200

Maramas

Mega Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:53 am
I introduced a few more friends to Firefly via a marathon a few days ago, it has re-peppered my language with shiny. It had tapered off a bit due to a period of not watching the show.

I probably would have stared at the guy awkwardly for a while, studied the hat, then gone home and made my own. I've been meaning to do it for a while now.  
Aimin' To Misbehave - Main

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff