Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
Moving Around Zomg (A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jolly Lil-Light

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:20 am
How come I'm not allowed to go back from where I came? I'm stuck at the North gate, and I can't get out! There's no arrow to allow me back over the bridge. Why?

Thanks!  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:58 pm
If you just came from the sewers then you should talk to people with the (!!!) above their head or head towards the south gate.  

Legion The Dark

Paradoxismminant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:18 pm

You can't leave through the North/West Gate of Barton because your CL is not high enough.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:31 pm
I went through the west before, and I may do so again, because I can't fight these gnomes alone, and I forget what Clan I joined, and have no clue as to finding out. The arrow key thing was resolved by changing servers, but now *all* the servers won't let me use the arrow keys,....*sigh*  

Jolly Lil-Light

Legion The Dark

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:07 am
Paradoxismminant

You can't leave through the North/West Gate of Barton because your CL is not high enough.

Actually you cant go through it anyway unless you come from the other side, its weird, it slike the guard says your to weak to go through there but if you come out of it you proove them wrong!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:38 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I'm clearly not as experienced in zOMG! as some of the individuals who have posted here; however, I can show you how to visit your clan.

Click here: http://www.gaiaonline.com/clans/
Once you do, you'll be able to see which clan you joined and perhaps your clan will be able to provide you with the assistance you need.

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:41 am
I don't think there is an arrow to go back into bassken. I think you just need to move up far enough for the screen to change. Just hold the up arrow key rather than try to click. Also to check which clan you are in, use the following:
http://gaiaonline.com/clans/my
Also providing more information ie. the location, server, and time of day (+timezone) you are in would help.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:56 am
She mentioned gnomes, which sounds like Village Greens to me... And they don't make you go into the sewers anymore for the tutorial. =O

Can you clarify what area you're in? I play zOMG a lot so I should be able to help at least a bit. ^_^  

Sami Von Disco

7,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Megathread 100

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:32 am
...I think she already got her answer.

She's a low CL, but she went through Zen Gardens and into the West gate of Barton. This means she can be in Barton and freely walk out of the west gate.
She thought this meant that she could freely walk through the North gate also. Thus, she was stuck at the North gate and it would not let her through.
All she has to do is walk through the North gate from the other side. In other words, she has to travel to the North of Zen Gardens, enter Bass'ken lake, walk to the South East corner and go through the North gate.

*rereads her posts* Oh. I'll leave that up there but I think she was actually just stuck in North Barton square and couldn't walk out of it. That's happened to me before when zOMG glitches. It usually resolves itself if I log out... or if I wait a few hours... or if I return the next day... I'm pretty sure issue has resolved itself by now.
...You know the little arrows that appear on the side of each screen when you're using the mouse to walk? I think those were the arrows she was talking about. She tried to walk South, and couldn't get out of that square and into the center of Barton (a bridge must be crossed).  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:32 am
I think I get what you mean. Your using the arrow keys to move around, as in the arrow keys from the keyboard. But zOMG uses the mouse to move around, so moving with the keyboard would make it more complicated. Am I right? Or am I not?

If not then are you trying to pass through the gnomes? They are some tough creatures, I mean, the yellow and purple ones, and when you spawn too much gnomes that is bad. I once has so much gnomes chasing me around and I end up dying. So I guess your unable to move because too much mob are attacking you, making you unable to move. Is that it?

If your trying to walk to the South Gate, that's located in Barton Town. Okay so if you start from the top, that's Bass'ken lake, so you need to be high level to get there, so ou probably started from Village Greens, right? From Village greens to the South Gate, it's passing through the gnomes, so if your not careful, the gnomes would end up chasing you to death. To prevent this, you must try to avoid every gnome that comes in your way. Is this it?

x-Hatsya-x

3,550 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

mahi poi no ka oi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:57 pm
Nami Amou
I think I get what you mean. Your using the arrow keys to move around, as in the arrow keys from the keyboard. But zOMG uses the mouse to move around, so moving with the keyboard would make it more complicated. Am I right? Or am I not?

If not then are you trying to pass through the gnomes? They are some tough creatures, I mean, the yellow and purple ones, and when you spawn too much gnomes that is bad. I once has so much gnomes chasing me around and I end up dying. So I guess your unable to move because too much mob are attacking you, making you unable to move. Is that it?

If your trying to walk to the South Gate, that's located in Barton Town. Okay so if you start from the top, that's Bass'ken lake, so you need to be high level to get there, so ou probably started from Village Greens, right? From Village greens to the South Gate, it's passing through the gnomes, so if your not careful, the gnomes would end up chasing you to death. To prevent this, you must try to avoid every gnome that comes in your way. Is this it?
I think OP has left thread LOL. In any case, no the keyboard (after the pathing updates) is actually much better to move around with now because for instances where it is difficult to click the edge of the screen, you often find yourself clicking multiple times in a general area trying to switch screens. This is why the keyboard is so useful. I've only ever used the mouse in hive/SS to target specific animated or to talk to NPCs but nothing more. Also no again. Gnomes do not have knockback ability last I checked so you should be able to move fine even while under attack.  
☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games