Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
How do you report a thread in a guild? (A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Life Hath Immortality

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:38 am
I can do it in the forums, but I can't find the button to report an individual thread in a guild.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:42 am
I don't believe you can, but you can report the guild, and select the reason there.  

ecopper12

Life Hath Immortality

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:01 am
ecopper12
I don't believe you can, but you can report the guild, and select the reason there.

So I could report the guild and say so-and-so was asking for members passwords?

Another thing: the mods of the guild are never online. They all quit gaia years ago.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:44 am
Well, The Captain,Vice Captain and Crew are responsible for the actions of the Guild, and it's member.
TKid
Gaia Online is not responsible for the Guilds, and what happens in them

That's not a proper quote, but it is true.  

iBobby Dillon MULE

6,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150

Fieldartman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:26 pm
Life Hath Immortality
ecopper12

So I could report the guild and say so-and-so was asking for members passwords?

Another thing: the mods of the guild are never online. They all quit gaia years ago.

If you check the guild members you'll find out out that they post in the guild almost everyday. I know cause I check too see how many post I do in this guild.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:59 am

If they're asking for passwords, what you'll want to do is go to the main forums, down to the report forms there, and report the USER- not the thread.

Make sure you take a screenshot or provide a link to the thread in question within the guild so that the mods can see what you're talking about.

Do not report the guild as the guild its self is not actually at fault, and it would go to the wrong report queue- and guild crew (active or not) can only ban the user from the guild. They can not take corrective action such as official warnings or site-wide bans, so I do not recommend alerting them either aside from to lock the topic and move it or delete it from the guild.

To report a user directly, you will go to Forum Index > Scroll to the bottom > Click 'Report Harassment or Abuse' and fill in the persons username and then provide as much relevant information as you can. Without links or a screenshot, the moderators will have difficulty processing the report quickly and may contact you for more information.

Daypaw

Hardened Member

Heartless Josh

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:57 pm
It is very simple!
Report the thread to one of the guild Moderators. Do not report the guild as the guild is not responsible for their member's choices they make. However, they can delete the topic or move it and ban the user.  
☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games