Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Christian friends
OK. I want your opinions. Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jump Jim Crow

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:53 pm
No I'am not a troll.
First off I' am not a christian I joined this to see the way other people think.
I'm going to ask a few questions, feel free to answer them.
You don't even have to if you don't want to.

Question 1: Do you dislike me and or scorn me for not believing in what you do?
Question 2: How many of you follow everything the bible tells you? Do you only follow certain Testaments?
Question 3: How many of you are going to yell at me to GTFO?
Question 4: How many of you were "wrong doers"(sorry I couldn't think of a different word to use) before turning christian?
Question 5: Do you believe war and violence must be used? Or do you believe in peace?
Question 6:Abortion and Homo-Sexuality is wrong, Why? Please explain, every time I try to ask a christian about this they just say they are going to hell. Clear this up for me?
Question 7: If God loves everyone and everything then why is there war, famine and plague?
Question 8: What does in God's Image mean? Is it appearance? Or actual molded forms with thoughts and beliefs like God?
Question 9: If I told you I was a LaVey Satanist, would you hate me or ask me about it and try to understand it?

Sorry bout this, I'm really curious.
You can kick me out the guild later if you want

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:06 pm
On a lesser note.
How did you know Christianity was right for you?
How did you become a christian?
Could you be friends with people who aren't?

I'am not trolling.
I'am simply curious.

I respect all of you for your beliefs .
Please respect mine, even if you do not like it.

Jump Jim Crow

Nottaname

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:37 pm
No

Question 2: How many of you follow everything the bible tells you? Do you only follow certain Testaments?
I try to follow all of it, i fail but still, i try

hopefully, 0

Question 4: How many of you were "wrong doers"(sorry I couldn't think of a different word to use) before turning christian?
i've been a christian pretty much as far as i can remember, but we all do wrong, even after finding christ, so...

Question 5: Do you believe war and violence must be used? Or do you believe in peace?
i believe there is no need for violence, but that you can't solve most acts of violence with peace

Question 6:Abortion and Homo-Sexuality is wrong, Why? Please explain, every time I try to ask a christian about this they just say they are going to hell. Clear this up for me?
I believe that only God should have power over life and death, so i believe that abortion is wrong, you're not going to hell if you have an abortion, if you go to hell it's because you haven't accepted christ. Homo-sexuality is wrong (Sorry don't know the whole story) because God created man and woman, not man and man, or woman and woman, God pretty much said that it's sin to be gay, and again, you're not going to hell because you're gay, you're only going to hell if you don't know Christ as your savior.

Question 7: If God loves everyone and everything then why is there war, famine and plague?
Because god gave man choice, will, stuff like that, war comes from Mans very own stupidity, Famine and plauge are often punishmint for mans sin, trials of mans faith, or Satan trying to destroy mans faith

Question 8: What does in God's Image mean? Is it appearance? Or actual molded forms with thoughts and beliefs like God?
Honestly, i have no idea, i don't think many people do

Question 9: If I told you I was a LaVey Satanist, would you hate me or ask me about it and try to understand it?
Well, i'd ask you what LaVey means, before asking you why you are one, and talking to you and stuff like that  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:16 pm
No

I try to follow all of it but I'm imperfect. There are times when I don't.

I know I'm not going to

We all were. And even after accepting Jesus into our lives, we still sin.

Hmm, that's a good question. I'll say this for now.
In this world, I believe there is a place for violence.
That's just me.

Abortion is viewed as murder under God's standards.
Homosexuality is wrong because it goes against what God said. God said sex was designed for a married man and woman.
And what broken ninja said: a person won't go to hell because of an abortion or because he or she is a homosexual. They will go to hell because they have not accepted Jesus.

Unfortunately, stupidity can result from humanity's practice of free will.

We are spiritually made in God's image.

Considering that I have no clue what that is....I'd ask you about it, ask you questions and try to understand it. How could I hate you or someone without knowing about it/him/her/whatever it might be?

WoodSorrelWitch

WoodSorrelWitch

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:23 pm
On a lesser note.

1. That's a good question. To answer it as simply as I can (feel free to ask me to go deeper if you'd like), the more I learned about Jesus, the more I wanted of Him and the more I wanted to be with Him. As I learned more and experienced more, it felt like the most natural thing to me.

2. My bf mentioned God to me and by then, I felt comfortable asking him all of my questions.

3. Of course. Most of my friends are not Christian.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:44 pm
Quote:

No, of course not.

Quote:

I try to follow everything the bible tells me, but no one is even close to being perfect.

Quote:

No, because that is rude. You are just curious as you have clearly and very kindly pointed out.

Quote:

I was always a Christian, not born again though. We had never actually heard what following Jesus was all about untill my dad was born again. But we were all wrong doers even after we are saved. But we are lucky that we have such a merciful and gracious God who forgives us when we truely ask for forgiveness

Quote:

There will never be peace untill Jesus comes back in the Millenium. War and violence doesn't HAVE to be used, but human nature prevents peace.

Quote:

God made man and woman to be together. God said a man laying with a man is bad. He told us to be fruitful, and if homo-sexuality was allowed by God then he probably would have made it possible for men to produce by men. Abortion is wrong because you are murdering a child and one of his commandments is 'Do not murder'. Do I turn away gays or pro-abortionists? Of course not, I treat them the same as anyone else. They do not go to Hell because of these things, they go to Hell because they have not accepted christ into their life.

Quote:

Because people don't want God 'Messing up their lives.' So he leaves them alone, and this is the consequence. Also because when man first sinned, all this entered into the world, and as long as sin is alive, so is all of this.

Quote:

Not the latter, because God gave us free will, free will to think and believe what we want. From what I have mostly heard, God is actually more of a spirit like being. But of course no one has seen God, so we can not be completely sure. When we get to Heaven it will be clear.

Quote:

I have never heard of a LaVey Satanist, but no, I don't hate you. I think I would like to know more about it, just to understand where you are on your point of life.

Quote:

When I was saved I was pretty much already in it. My mom tried to take my sister and I to sunday school almost every week. I was just stepping into the real thing.

Quote:

I was saved at about 12(5 years ago), but I kind of fell away from it because of 'friends'. I was always trying to tell myself that I was saved, but now I know that I was just trying to convince myself of something that probablly wasn't true. I was recently revived again, and I just feel so much better knowing that I have God in my life. Also since I have gotten into God and his word again, I have gotten alot of encouragment which has gotten me over alot of problems I was having.

Quote:

Most of my friends are 'Christian', but not born again or anything. They don't go to church or do anything that would make you think that they were Christian. One of my friends has a boyfriend who is an atheist, I met him, and he was really nice and fun. I would be happy to consider him a friend.  

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200

Haha Coffee

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:18 am

Not at all!

Everything encompassed by the law i follow to the best of my ability even if i stumble far to often

GTFO!(just to be the first)

I converted at fifteen of my own volition after having no religious experience in my life previously, save that of my father who was/is a leveyan Satanist with some aspects of Thelemic , he kept it private though and never influenced me.

Previously i was just a Millitant atheist

Peace would be a preferable option, but it would be naive to believe that Violence or war is never an option, a brief look through the OT or even the words of Jesus is proof enough to this.

I do not feel comfotrble posting on the topic of homosexuality(Proof enough to how views differ even within the Christian faith) however the justification used to prohibit abortion is that it is the murder of a unborn/prospective human being, and murder is wrong in understanding of scripture

Because Humans dont love everyone and everything, that's an easy one

Intellectual capacity and divine capability or pure essance "John 10:34
Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your Law, 'I have said you are gods' ?"

All of the Leveyan Satanists i know are sound and usually just/sensible people , while i for obvious reasons disagree with the imagery used within the faith, or sometimes just how broken the Symbology is in actual context.

The faith on the whole teaches a basically sensible outlook to life, or as far as i believe one can while remaining Atheistic in nature.

If you wish to discuss anything in more detail just drop me a line.

Question TenHow did you know Christianity was right for you?

It's been Five years, and im still not completely sure it is however constant study both in Scripture and practical history broadens my knowledge of all faiths and will hopefully eventually lead me to where i know i need to be.

Question ElevenHow did you become a christian?

I simply opened my heart to God and felt an overwhelming presence of grace and love something that solidified my existence and assured me as to the prescence of God, it is a feeling i still keep with me today something that brings me to tears.

Question TwelveCould you be friends with people who aren't?

The Vast majority of my friends are Muslim Jewish or Atheist, id say only  of them are actually Christian, so yes!  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:02 am
Jump Jim Crow
No I'am not a troll.
First off I' am not a christian I joined this to see the way other people think.
I'm going to ask a few questions, feel free to answer them.
You don't even have to if you don't want to.

Sorry bout this, I'm really curious.
You can kick me out the guild later if you want

Thats a lot of questions to answer, i'll try to answer them all for you over a period of time, but first off i will not shun you for your different beliefs. I am always respectful to those who believe differently, as long as they respect my beliefs as well.  

Seal of Solomon

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:00 pm
I asked my dad about your faith and he said you're not what one would think of when they think of Satanists. You are more of an Atheist who believes in humanism. Is that correct?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:38 pm
o_o This is long. But I hope this is helpful to you. I can tell you are a person who enjoys seeking knowledge, and I am the same way. I hope you can see how God has touched my life.

No. If I ever appear that way, it is because I may be disliking the things you may be doing... but there is a good side of you, even if I don't see it. It is difficult to believe in 'what I do', so I'm not going to give you scorn for not believing it.

This is a very vague question. As a follower of Christ, I follow everything that God tells me through Jesus. There are things in the Bible that even Jesus calls unnecessary, such as certain laws and traditions that the Jewish people followed in his time. In the same way that Jesus pointed out, how some rules and guidelines do not serve God (ref. Matthew 15:1-20), not all traditions apply today, either. I follow the commandments, which are summed up into two: Love God, and love others. (ref. Mark 12:28-34)

Not me. And,
"If someone says, 'I love God,' but hates his brother, that person is a liar; for if we don't love people we can see, how can we love God, whom we cannot see?" (1 John 4:20, NLT)

Sinners? All of us were, and all of us still are. We all make mistakes, sometimes on purpose, sometimes accidentally, but we are all forgiven. The only thing that makes followers of Christ different is that we have accepted God's forgiveness and live in His love.
Personally, I called myself a Christian for a long time without really caring about God at all. Personally I think that is a terrible wrong, to call yourself something that you're not, and using God's name to set an example that doesn't reflect Him at all. How many people disrespect or even hate Christians because of the people that say they are Christian, then go and ruin their lives or the lives of others? I was like that. But now I've committed myself to living my life for God, the way God wants me to live it. That's why I call myself a follower of Christ.

Sigh, this is tough. God doesn't want violence to happen on Earth. However, He has his reasons for everything. His disciples (that's us, or, it should be at least) should make it a point to love others, and love does not hurt others. Many people think the entire world should be peaceful in everything, and that's a great ideal to have; but the reality is, many people in this world and bound to be destroyed by Satan unless they accept Jesus's sacrifice. It would be great if everyone in the world got along, but the sad part is, the only people who know what real Love is are a minority. I bold this because even if Christianity is the most widespread religion on earth, it's only that. A religion does not bring you closer to God. Only Love can, and very few people, even among the 'Christian' population, know what real Love is. Since so many people are living in the dark, inevitably they will hate, murder, steal, and continue to sin.

It's 'Christians' like that who don't know God. To answer your question, well, again this is a thorny issue.
Abortion is something I relate to a lack of responsibility for one's own actions, and not being accountable. If a person chooses to have sex, they should be aware of the purpose God gave to it, which is to create children. If God decides to give you what you should have been going for, I believe that you should accept it. Whether the baby is considered a person or not, why risk a murder?
Homosexuality is driven entirely by lust, which is a sin, and indulging in it is delighting in evil, and wallowing in the ways Satan has set before us to destroy us. There are some who say that 'love knows no gender'... this is said by people who do not know God's love. Real Love pays no attention to appearance, and any sexual act or thought, even something as simple as kissing, does not come from Love. The only reason a person considers themselves homosexual is due to the people they are physically attracted to. Real Love is confirmed not physically, but spiritually, by bringing one closer to God.
God also let us marry, not as a privilege, but as a concession. He knew that we would be plagued by lust, so he approved marriage to curtail sexual immorality. And He willed that "a man leaves his father and mother and is joined to his wife, and the two are united into one." (ref. Mark 10:5-9)

See Question 5. God loves us all, but we do not all love God. If we all knew in our hearts and minds what the Love of God really means, there would be no war and we could all give to people in need. But Satan has gotten through to people, and now we have hardened and greedy hearts, which leads to pain and death.
Despite this evil, God has a reason for it all. The people who appreciate help the most are the ones who have been hurting the most. "Healthy people don't need a doctor - sick people do." (Luke 5:31) How could we see the majesty and beauty of God's Love unless we know the evil He is delivering us from?

Not everything in the Bible is meant to be taken literally; keep this in mind. Part of the greatness of God's Word is that discovery of God's true meaning, because that is where He speaks to you, and you personally. In God's Image means that we were created from God, and to God we should return. It is God's will that we go back to him, because He loves us and considers us His children, even if some of the children choose to leave Him forever. This breaks his heart, but it still happens..

I wouldn't hate you, but honestly, I don't really want to understand it. All I need to understand is that a Satanist obviously follows Satan, the great deceiver and enemy of God. This will lead to death, and for that I am sorry to hear. I have devoted my life to Christ, and that's the only lifestyle I need.

I hope I can be a friend to you, if not just informative to you. I'm glad to see your respectful curiosity, and you're welcome to speak with me anytime. I've tried to be as in-depth as possible, but I can expand further if you'd like me to.

Have a nice day.
:3

...I spent so long on this it logged me out. Lawls. xD  

Saint Crazy The Follower

rosadria

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:55 pm
1 - No. I wish it was different, but I do not hate you because you do not believe.
2 - The Law of the OT was abolished through the sacrifice of Christ. Levitical law and such is not binding to me, but what is established in the New Testament is.
3 - Not a clue!
4 - I was. Trust me, I was. I'm still struggling with a lot of the man I shared in His death.
5 - In what way / situation? Both have their place. I prefer peace, but I recognize that conflict is inevitable and sometimes necessary.
6 - Abortion is wrong because even fetuses are human. Notice how when Mary approaches Eliabeth the Bible tells us that the "Baby" leapt in her womb. Homosexuality is wrong on scriptural grounds. I'll go into details if you really want, but some of the scriptures I would use as support are Romans 1:18-32, 1 Corinthians 6: 9-10, and 1 Timothy 1: 8-11.
7 - Many people seem to labor with the misconception that God won't let anyone suffer. That is not the case. The trials we go through bring us closer to Him. I have never been closer to God, or been brought closer to God, in the parts of my life where I have suffered the most. Sometimes, these things are punishments. Jesus once healed a blind man. The Pharisees wanted to know why the man was blind, and Jesus told them "that it happened that the works of God might be made manifest in him."
8 - Think of your shadow. It is in your image, but it is not an exact replica of you. To a degree, it does mean that we look like Him. When He is described in the scriptures, it is like a human, but with very, very important differences. Ezekiel has a powerful description of Him.
9 - I'd ask a few questions, and be as polite as possible. I am curious about it in an academic way. I like knowing things. You couldn't convert me. I've seen too much of the Lord in my life for that.
John 9:3 (MontgomeryNT)  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:06 pm
Jump Jim Crow
On a lesser note.

I'am not trolling.
I'am simply curious.

I respect all of you for your beliefs .
Please respect mine, even if you do not like it.

I can be friends with people who aren't Christian. Most of my family is like that, and not in a "let's all hold hands and be happy!" sort of way.
I knew of God for most my life, but I did not know Him. A lot of the details are highly, highly personal, and I aks you to forgive me for not being willing to share over the internet. There was a lot of things going wrong in my life. Not drugs or alcohol or anything, but I was very alone, and very scared. He was there for me. For the first time it felt like prayer was an actual conversation, not just me babbling (though my prayers can be like that.) Then there were the dreams, two of which I'll never forget. There is a passage in the scriptures where He tells us not to worry about what we will say, for the Spirit will give us those words when we need them. There have been times when I've needed them. When I stand back and look at what was said, or written.. It's entirely different from how my speeches or writings go. Things that would take me hours to think of normally just tumbled out.
Yesterday I was in the library, studying. There is another Christian who studies there as well, but he has, unfortunately, picked up some doctrines that are not Biblical. I prayed "Father, if you think I'm ready, send him over." It was amazing. Not two minutes later, we were deep in discussion and the Word. Not only that, but the things we were discussing were things that the Lord had been leading me through in the Bible just the day before.  

rosadria

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:02 am
There's a Time to Laugh "Ephesians 2: 8-9"

- No i don't. There is nothing wrong with having questions about something.

- No one could ever follow everything in the bible, it's just not possible because we are not perfect. I myself strive to follow the whole bible but I do know that I fall short quite often.

- I would like to hope no one tells you that and accepts the fact that someone will come along and question us.

- I believe everyone in this world is a Sinner (wrong doer) and we continue to be sinners even when we come to Christ.

- I believe in peace but also see the sometimes inevitable need for war.

Abortion is wrong because murder is wrong. When someone kills a pregnant woman they go down for a double murder. So I see it no different when someone chooses to kill their child by aborting it.
Homo-sexuality is wrong because God created our sexual organs for reproduction not recreation of our desires. Romans 1: 18-32 is the scripture i know that explains it best.

Because the world is full of sinners so there is sin and for every sin there IS a consequence. Jesus paid the penalty for our sins upon the Cross. But the consequences will last forever. With true repentance the consequences do change though. God does love everyone and does not want anyone to perish. There are times where we are brought to our lowest so we have no where else to look but up to him. That doesn't mean God takes pleasure out of those things though.

- I think VK Fox said it quite well.

- I would not hate you. I would feel sorry for you. I wouldn't ask you any questions on your belief though because I don't need to know what you because I already know it is not of the Teaches of the Lord. I pray for your soul/salvation that one day you will see the truth and light.

And a Time to Cry "Romans 5: 3-5"

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:14 am
There's a Time to Laugh "Ephesians 2: 8-9"

On a lesser note.
- I'm not sure how I knew but I believe that Jesus was the son of God who was sent to die on the cross for our sins. I believe in the teachings of the bible. I believe in love and light and truth. I believe we are created by God and that his will is the only way of true living for we are all dead in our sins but made alive in our salvation and purified of our Sins.

-I was raised with the belief of God and Jesus. I came to fully accept Christ into my heart when I was 11 when a family friend was over and talked to me about the bible fully. I knew I needed a power greater than myself to save my life. Not only save me but make me whole again because I was truly broken. I've always known I've needed God in my life to guide me, It's only been in the past few years that I've truly started follow his will for my life though but I know I'm forgiven for I have repented against my old ways and do my best to live for Christ every second of every day.

-Pretty much all my friends are not Christians, though to be honest, I don't have many friends. But the friends I used to have didn't believe and thought it was stupid. I didn't hate them for their beliefs though, I felt sorry for them and prayed for their hearts to be softened so that one day they could receive the gift of God's grace and salvation. Quite a few members of my family are actually non believers as well and I still love them and talk to them but I pray for their salvation as well.

And a Time to Cry "Romans 5: 3-5"

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
Christian friends

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers