Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Psionic Players

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Faunt Ix

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:32 pm
I am looking for some seasoned psions to help me properly build my first psion. I am playing 3.5 (started over again) so I am first level. I decided to use a Dromite for my race. I am new to the whole psion thing. any help will be appreciated.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:38 pm
Psions are the bomb burning_eyes

How high do you want your character?
And what Discipline you want?

Both are very important questions.

Level ?? Same reason it is important for every other character. It tells you what you have to play with.

Like a cleric's domains, discipline is important, it will tell what your role in a party will be, choose carefully you only get one.
Psionic Disciplines
A discipline is one of six groupings of powers, each defined by a common theme. The six disciplines are clairsentience, metacreativity, psychokinesis, psychometabolism, psychoportation, and telepathy.

Clairsentience
A psion who chooses clairsentience is known as a seer. Seers can learn precognitive powers to aid their comrades in combat, as well as powers that permit them to gather information in many different ways.

Metacreativity
A psion specializing in metacreativity is known as a shaper. This discipline includes powers that draw ectoplasm or matter from the Astral Plane, creating semisolid and solid items such as armor, weapons, or animated constructs to do battle at the shaper’s command.

Psychokinesis
Psions who specialize in psychokinesis are known as kineticists. They are the masters of powers that manipulate and transform matter and energy. Kineticists can attack with devastating blasts of energy.

Psychometabolism
A psion who specializes in psychometabolism is known as an egoist. This discipline consists of powers that alter the psion’s psychobiology, or that of creatures near him. An egoist can both heal and transform himself into a fearsome fighter.

Psychoportation
A psion who relies on psychoportation powers is known as a nomad. Nomads can wield powers that propel or displace objects in space or time.

Telepathy
A psion who chooses the discipline of telepathy is known as a telepath. He is the master of powers that allow mental contact and control of other sentient creatures. A telepath can deceive or destroy the minds of his enemies with ease.  

glitterboypilot

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:56 am
First level =/ Not much to work with.

I'd go with Internal(sp?) armour(Mage armour equivilent)

Energy Ray as well. But the third power. Depends on what disapline you pick really.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:00 am
the word is 'inertial'  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:04 am
Thanks, I couldn't quite remember =3 thus the mage armour exuivilent =D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:29 am
glitterboypolit
Psions are the bomb burning_eyes

How high do you want your character?
And what Discipline you want?

Both are very important questions.

Level ?? Same reason it is important for every other character. It tells you what you have to play with.

Like a cleric's domains, discipline is important, it will tell what your role in a party will be, choose carefully you only get one.
Psionic Disciplines
A discipline is one of six groupings of powers, each defined by a common theme. The six disciplines are clairsentience, metacreativity, psychokinesis, psychometabolism, psychoportation, and telepathy.

Clairsentience
A psion who chooses clairsentience is known as a seer. Seers can learn precognitive powers to aid their comrades in combat, as well as powers that permit them to gather information in many different ways.

Metacreativity
A psion specializing in metacreativity is known as a shaper. This discipline includes powers that draw ectoplasm or matter from the Astral Plane, creating semisolid and solid items such as armor, weapons, or animated constructs to do battle at the shaper’s command.

Psychokinesis
Psions who specialize in psychokinesis are known as kineticists. They are the masters of powers that manipulate and transform matter and energy. Kineticists can attack with devastating blasts of energy.

Psychometabolism
A psion who specializes in psychometabolism is known as an egoist. This discipline consists of powers that alter the psion’s psychobiology, or that of creatures near him. An egoist can both heal and transform himself into a fearsome fighter.

Psychoportation
A psion who relies on psychoportation powers is known as a nomad. Nomads can wield powers that propel or displace objects in space or time.

Telepathy
A psion who chooses the discipline of telepathy is known as a telepath. He is the master of powers that allow mental contact and control of other sentient creatures. A telepath can deceive or destroy the minds of his enemies with ease.

right now i am a level 2 Dromite Psion, Psychokinesis. Str: 8, Dex: 14, Con: 16, Int: 12, Wis: 14, Cha: 10. My DM allows one free Stat Change up to level 4. (before the ability score increase)  

Faunt Ix

glitterboypilot

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:45 pm
More Info, I love more info.

Kinesists are like your wizards and other evoker spellcasters. High damage and unless built right they are soft and squishy. or as my brother puts it they are glass cannons

I would make intelligence one of your higher ones. (Unless if you are planning to take a prestige class/multi-classing.) Intelligence is the key modifier for all psions powers. As it stands right now, you can only pull off a 2nd level power past level 5.

To learn or manifest a power, a psion must have an Intelligence score of at least 10 + the power’s level.

Max ranks in Psicraft, and Knowledge(psionics) Helps in some way all psychic classes(Or at least he books say so). Concentration, not a lot of your discipline powers are helped by it but, it will help you fight more defensively should the enemy gets to you. Or you are fighting on a ship or while moving

Powers is up to you to choose, I won't help you there.

Feats: Combat Manifestation; Helps you even more should an enemy gets to you.

Other than that you will have to ask yourself where you want to be in a battle take place. Front line, mid, or rear. One would build a character different depending on where they want their character to be.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:00 pm
Personally, I enjoy Telepaths... nothing says ownage like Mind Rape.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Faunt Ix

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:22 pm
I am playing a Savant.... with the str:8, dex:14, Con: 16, Int: 12, Wis: 14, Cha: 10.... I am a Dromite level 2. Powers: Far Punch, My Light, Caze, Lesser Concussion, Biocurrent. Feats: Inner Strength as my only feats.

fix me....  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff