Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[4e game idea] Heavy RP, low combat game(1 slot available) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:43 pm
[ Character Sheets ]

• 1] Arcanist Angus
  • 2] Nayr Ventess
  • 3] joe-dude667
  • 4] Vorastix
  • 5] Durgess
  • 6] SlimeGuru
  • 7]

[ Premise/Foreword ]
My hope was to run a game heavy on roleplay and lighter on combat. The party are members of a failing semi-noble family and their friends living in the outskirts of Fallcrest and the players will deal with the challenges they are faced with. XP will be granted largely through skill challenges and quests.

[ Setting Information/Background ]
The City of Fallcrest is as described in the 4e DMG, but the quick of it is that it's one of the larger hubs of commerce in the Nentir Vale, used as a staging point for portaging craft up and down the falls on the Nen River.

[ Game Introduction/Plot ]
As stated above, the party are members of a noble family fallen on hard times. The family's stores for winter have been ruined the cost of replacing the supply of food is outweighing the family's ability to retain its staff. All the while the local land baron Armos Kamroth has turned his attention on the family plantation and estate, pushing hard to claim the land for his own. As the story begins, an ancient item has been found on the land: a magical glove that predates the fall of Nerath. This glove is a Glove of Storing and inside is found a very special prize: a human infant girl.

[ Character Creation ]
Your character is a direct family member, a loyal servant, a bodyguard, ward of the family, local hunter, or someone else intimately involved with these good people. Direct family members will all be the same race, though what that race is is up to you folks (but it must be a race from PHB1). Please use this opportunity to play either a much older, or a much younger hero. The characters won't be travelers or adventurers or tomb delvers, but they will certainly be heroes in their own ways. Get creative with your interpretations of the classes: the bossy house matriarch might be a warlord, the family pet might be an incognito druid, the mysterious uncle might be dabbling in wizardry. Look for what the class can give you in terms of roleplay hooks as well as skill and utility power selections. Combat will be rare, but not unheard of.

Available Sources: PHB 1 & 2 as well as the artificer class from Eberron Player's Guide. All Power books available as resources as well as Adventurer's Vaults.
Banned Resources:

Starting Level:Level 1
Gold: 100gp, but don't feel as if your character needs weapons and armor.
Races:Direct family members must use the same PHB1 race, though which race may be decided by the players. Other characters may use any race from both PHBs, as well as warforged.
Ability Scores*: Standard array or 22-point buy
xxxxxxxxxx*
Backgrounds:Background as depicted in PHB2 and other sources are encouraged to flesh out character backgrounds, but bear in mind these characters won't have adventuring pasts. They will be involved in the day-to-day affairs of the family.

Let me know if this is an attractive idea to you. Your spot will be reserved once I have a completed character sheet.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:54 pm
Sounds like a remarkable idea! I do love to role-play. I will certainly get back to you tomorrow once I think up a character.  

Cunning Witch Angus

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:29 am
I like this idea. =D Human will probably be the best race for a rich family. Maybe Tiefling could work, but other than that I can't really imagine any of the other PHB races with big stately homes and servants.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:55 am
joe-dude667
I like this idea. =D Human will probably be the best race for a rich family. Maybe Tiefling could work, but other than that I can't really imagine any of the other PHB races with big stately homes and servants.

Tiefling might work better because it is a crumbling aristocratic family. And tieflings are not well liked.  

Cunning Witch Angus

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:01 pm
True. I guess Humans just give more leeway for character concepts, but that's just imho.

Either way I'm not fussy. =)

Already made a character too. >.< Twelve year old female ranger with beast companion fighter style. Though instead of a panther or a lion, I've just got a little tom cat. lol  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:07 pm
joe-dude667
True. I guess Humans just give more leeway for character concepts, but that's just imho.

Either way I'm not fussy. =)

Already made a character too. >.< Twelve year old female ranger with beast companion fighter style. Though instead of a panther or a lion, I've just got a little tom cat. lol

Creating my character right now. 15 year old Human "Rogue" for lack of a better term, that is a kitchen boy in the family house. Reading up on Fallcrest right now. Grew up in the Lower Quays and his family sent him out to find employment because they wanted good things for their youngest son.  

Cunning Witch Angus

Cunning Witch Angus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:29 pm
Do you want us to post our character sheets here? Because I have mine: Hammond Seth. Oh I used 22 point buy BTW and put my racial +2 bonus on Dex  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:51 pm
joe-dude667
i could see eladrin that have established themselves in the mortal world being an affluent family, or a clan of dragonborn, perhaps a family once influential in arkosia being aristocrats in modern times.

i'm kinda interested in this. could I convince the DM to let me play a changeling? I have an idea for a warlord that's pretty focused on social skills I've been dying to try out.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:59 pm
Yes please post your character sheets. I'm not going to reserve your slot until I see a sheet.
SporkMaster5000
could I convince the DM to let me play a changeling? I have an idea for a warlord that's pretty focused on social skills I've been dying to try out.
Sell me on your concept. What is this character's role in the family?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:54 pm
Arc Vembris
Yes please post your character sheets. I'm not going to reserve your slot until I see a sheet.
SporkMaster5000
could I convince the DM to let me play a changeling? I have an idea for a warlord that's pretty focused on social skills I've been dying to try out.
Sell me on your concept. What is this character's role in the family?
y'know, on second thought I don't think the character i wanted would fit into the premise as well as I first thought. nevermind the changeling. still might want to play if I can get a better character idea.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Cunning Witch Angus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:20 pm

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:13 am
I'll plau if thats cool, would love to do just an RP game (well, mostly RP) I'm thinking the old grumpy grandad who stis around all day, bashing the naughty kids over the head with his with his walking stick (see: staff) will post as soon as he is done.

Edit: What is the name of the family btw? Have we got one yet?  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:57 am
O.K. so I have made Grandpa, he is a wizard or rather he used to be, he hasn't used his powers since he was an apprentice decades ago. The only exceptions being his parrot familiar, who most people believe to be just a clever parrot, and he occasionally uses his cantrips, for shits and giggles. He is the father of the head of the house hold, whoever that is. So he used to be the head of the house, but then let his son take over. I think it will be interesting for someone to play my son smile I haven't done his background on the sheet yet since I wanted to wait until most people had decided who they were going to play and then work them into the background.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:08 am
Here is Katherine, the youngest daughter of the family. I haven't done a background yet as I want to see what characters other people are having. =)

Also I've sort of house ruled the companion, since it's a kitty cat instead of a big cat I've changed some of the stats. Only things I've changed so far are:
Medium to small;
Speed 7 to speed 5;
And 1d8 damage to 1d4.  

joe-dude667

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:49 pm
They all look good so far  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff