Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Charities, Contests, and Games
★ Charity Branches Information

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:38 pm
Hello to all visitors to the Charities, Contests, and Games subforum!

For years, the members and Crewmembers of our wonderful guild have been working hard towards the fulfillment of our mission statement: "to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians."

In 2010, our guild created a program in which we intended to find some of the finest newbie-specific charities on Gaia and invite them to set up a charity branch within this subforum. We would be honored if your charity would join us in giving our newbie friends the assistance they need, the friendships they want, and the donations they always appreciate.

Here are some of the benefits of establishing a branch of your charity within our guild:

• Publicity. We're one of the most popular guilds on Gaia -- with hundreds of active members, both new and old -- and a seven-year legacy of service and friendship. We attract dozens of new members every month who are always in need of charities that will help them get started. We always make the effort to spotlight our charity branches in our NSTG Monthlies. Imagine how many newbies would visit your charity branch!

• The newbies. Your charity and our guild exist for the same fundamental purpose: to help newbies out. Please consider this opportunity to broaden the horizons of both your charity and our guild and to assist all of the newbies who need help from both.

If you are interested in setting up a small-scale version of your charity within the Newbie Supporting and Training Guild, please feel free to send me a private message with any questions you may have and I will gladly answer them.

Thank you for making our guild everything it is.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:18 pm
gaia_star Active Charity Branches  

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:05 pm
gaia_star Frequently Asked Questions

Updated March 22nd, 2020.

• Could I simply create a thread that links to my main charity thread?

We already have an affiliates page for that purpose. We don't allow threads that solely link to outside locations unless they're posted in our Chatterbox subforum.

We wish to provide our members with resources and charities within our guild environment; while offering the creators of resources and the owners of charities the opportunity to explore new venues.

• Would the charity branch have to be fully staffed and operational at the same time as the original charity thread?

You only need someone to reply to people, and to do donations in however your charity handles them. You can even have one person named who is listed to be quoted in your branch.

You can close it at any time just ask an NSTG Crewmember to move it into our Crew Vault subforum. Should you want to reopen your charity branch, you're welcome to message any NSTG Crewmember and request to have it moved back into the Charities, Contests, and Games subforum.

• Should my charity's staff be unavailable to run the charity branch on a daily basis, would the NSTG Crew be willing to help out?

You can ask, but we can't make any promises as to what the NSTG Crew would be willing to do should your charity's staff be unavailable. We have many duties and responsibilities to tend to in order to run a guild of this size on a daily basis.

• Is there anything in particular that I need to do before setting up a charity branch within this subforum?

Yes! Please send JoyRose a PM indicating that you are setting up your own charity branch so that she can keep our guild records up-to-date and accurate.

• Do I need to include anything in the first page of my charity branch?

Please include a link to your charity's main thread somewhere in the first post of your charity branch; thank you!

☆ Charities, Contests, and Games

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games