Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaia-Art!

Back to Guilds

This is the guild for members of the DA Group Gaia-Art to chat with each other. 

Tags: Deviant, deviantart, illustration, draw, drawing 

Reply Gaia-Art!
Artist Interview/Auction!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lupas Deva
Vice Captain

Dangerous Elder

19,325 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Generous 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:56 pm
Artist Interview and Auction!

I am now accepting victim volunteer artists who are interested in answering questions for an interview and providing art for a 1-piece art auction. This will be the first of a monthly tradition.

Any volunteers are expected to be able to commit to answering all questions, to the best of your ability, and to provide the winner of the auction with original art, in desired specifications, in a timely manner.

If you are interested please post an example of what you are willing to provide for the art auction and supply a little info about yourself. I won't necessarily pick the best artist. If you don't get it this time just try next time.

Interview Starts: Beginning of February
Auction Ends: February 15

Disclaimer: This information may be changed with or without notification (but hopefully with).

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:14 pm
I apply.

I submit myself and my toons to your scrutiny. C:

Genea

Sexy Glitch

AvidLebon
Captain

8,150 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:27 pm
Dont forget to post samples of artwork in the style you would draw for the auction

If no samples are IN your post we will not be able to choose you sad
Keep in mind a timely manner is WITHIN 2 weeks. If you are not able to commit to this due to other time constraints there will be future Artist Spotlights.

This post is your chance to tell us why we should interview you! Do you have a lot of art experience? Want to share your love of your art medium? Think your characters have a story worth sharing? What makes you different and special? biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:48 pm
:User Image:

User Image
Uhm... I don't exactly know what kind of information I should share here.

I am an anime artist, of course, and I like to practice with many styles.
I used to draw a lot of fanart before I decided it was time to draw things that aren't drawn too often.
PaintTool SAI and my bambooFun tablet are my luffs. Ever since I started out in MSPaint, I can't seem to go back to traditional mediums.
I do like challenges when drawing avatars but I do not like indistinguishable clutter.
I am currently not in school and I do not have a job(yet).

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
User Image
User Imagec̡̮̞ͬ̋̂ͨ̓̈́̚̚h̷̼̱͇̜̤̹́͗a̹̭͋̾̒̓o͛̓̈͢҉̬̱̤̱̫̣̣̕ś͕͖̟̞̓̃͋ͥ̚͘͝.̢͉̮̻̜̖͍̪̔̒́͑͝  

waterdropjlc

No Bro

Anaella

Devoted Saint

14,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:14 pm
User Image

I suppose I'll give this a shot.

I've been drawing since I was 3 and have grown to adopt a cartoony style. I work mostly in digital now but I also use traditional inking and pencil crayons. I'm generally known for being quite strange due to alien abductions and past lives and whatnot, though I'm sane enough to function normally in society so I can't be that far off the deep end. XD Right now my main projects are my Kirby fan-comic and my story based around my character/avatar Lord along with others. Oh, and Easter is awesome. 83
User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:56 pm
Since this is a auction, I won't mind doing OC's, backgrounds, and groups. I'll do a full normal style peice + chibi peice + max of 5 sketch's. My chibi's aren't uber chibi, but i can do uber chibi.

Normal:
User ImageUser Image

Chibi:

Sketch:

Minaiko

Shirtless Stalker

12,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100

SeeraSama

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:58 am
I'd like to ,too...but i wonder what kind of questions exactly and how the auction takes place=3 i'm a newbie with such things ^^"

But anyway, some drawingexamples =3

~1~
~2~
~3~
~4~
~5~

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:02 pm
For lulz and the sake of being a jerk, I shall offer up a Gaia Pony drawing for my auction if I am selected  

Cassidy Peterson

Garbage

Faery Nuff

Site Moderator

Magic Manifestation

36,900 Points
  • The Ring: Vol2 Master Collector 250
  • March 2020 Collector 250
  • Wing Mastery 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:20 pm
Soooooo tempting! I've never done an auction before, but I'm busy beyond belief right now xp

I'll definitely put my name down for the next one though! 3nodding

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:13 pm
Much Thanks to all that applied!

This month I will be choosing Minaiko for the interview/auction. The interview/auction should be up shortly!  

Lupas Deva
Vice Captain

Dangerous Elder

19,325 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Generous 100
  • Winged 100
Gaia-Art!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers