Reply The L Guild Forum
Hollywood Movie Death Note: Who Should Play L? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mai_ivey

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:01 am
I read today in an anime magazine that they may be making a Hollywood version of Death Note. Apparently Zac Efron is being considered for the role of Light (which I find completely ridiculous. I mean, Light is supposed to be all serious and such. And he always does those evil glances/smiles through his fringe e.g. when L dies. Honestly, how could you take someone's evil glance seriously when all you want to do start singing 'Getcha Head In The Game'? But I digress.) Anyway, I was wondering who you all think should play L. Or any other character, if you have any ideas. I personally have no idea of anyone who I would be happy with to play L, but hey, that's me and my creepy obsessive fangirl ways.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:29 am
I have no idea. But whoever they are, if they can't get the eyes right, I'll be kind of angry.
Trouble is.... All the good actors I know are too old!  

Eccentric Detective

cuvier

Fashionable Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:53 am
No one. I don't think they should make it. :/  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:16 am
Pete Wentz looks like L. Of course they would have to cover those tattoos. Not sure about him acting wise though. And I love how people assume that Zac is going to suck because of High School Musical. "OMFG ZAC IZ GUNNA RUINZ DETHNOT!!!!111!!!!" I take offense to that and I assume many other actors would. Actors hate when people base their talent on the role they got. In one of my first plays, I was casted as the snarky, fake, Wizard of Oz. The next one I was casted as Dr. Frankenstein Assistant. People said I wasn't like I was before and that I was way different than the last role and it got on my nerves because people assume that an actor can only play one role well.  

Ruisu-sempai

Unbeatable Elocutionist

9,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Elocutionist 200

mai_ivey

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:01 am
darkspineshadow2
Pete Wentz looks like L. Of course they would have to cover those tattoos. Not sure about him acting wise though. And I love how people assume that Zac is going to suck because of High School Musical. "OMFG ZAC IZ GUNNA RUINZ DETHNOT!!!!111!!!!" I take offense to that and I assume many other actors would. Actors hate when people base their talent on the role they got. In one of my first plays, I was casted as the snarky, fake, Wizard of Oz. The next one I was casted as Dr. Frankenstein Assistant. People said I wasn't like I was before and that I was way different than the last role and it got on my nerves because people assume that an actor can only play one role well.

I take offense to the fact that you have compared me to those who cannot spell /use correct grammar if their lives depended on it. "OMFG ZAC IZ GUNNA RUINZ DETHNOT!!!!111!!!!" That's not what I said at all, but honestly, Light is a very serious and often quite sinister sounding/looking character. Zac Efron always plays characters that are almost polar opposites to Light, therefore it is difficult to picture him playing Light. I'm sorry that my brain automatically associates him with High School Musical, but that's how it is. I actually am quite fond of High School Musical, to be honest with you. Because I like it and therefore have watched the movies quite often, when I see him I think "Troy Bolton." Just like many people, when they see Mike Myers, think "Austin Powers." That's just how the brain works.

Paulaterra, I agree with you. Movies based on manga/anime never fully satisfy fans because I think the characters are drawn so unrealistically, with big eyes, crazy hair and such. Real people just can never really look like that, and die-hard fans are therefore hardly ever completely happy. Also, as we know, Hollywood tends to cut out crucial parts of the story, making fans wonder if the director even bothered to read the series. (Harry Potter, anyone?)  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:30 pm
mai_ivey
darkspineshadow2

I take offense to the fact that you have compared me to those who cannot spell /use correct grammar if their lives depended on it. "OMFG ZAC IZ GUNNA RUINZ DETHNOT!!!!111!!!!" That's not what I said at all, but honestly, Light is a very serious and often quite sinister sounding/looking character. Zac Efron always plays characters that are almost polar opposites to Light, therefore it is difficult to picture him playing Light. I'm sorry that my brain automatically associates him with High School Musical, but that's how it is. I actually am quite fond of High School Musical, to be honest with you. Because I like it and therefore have watched the movies quite often, when I see him I think "Troy Bolton." Just like many people, when they see Mike Myers, think "Austin Powers." That's just how the brain works.

Paulaterra, I agree with you. Movies based on manga/anime never fully satisfy fans because I think the characters are drawn so unrealistically, with big eyes, crazy hair and such. Real people just can never really look like that, and die-hard fans are therefore hardly ever completely happy. Also, as we know, Hollywood tends to cut out crucial parts of the story, making fans wonder if the director even bothered to read the series. (Harry Potter, anyone?)

Not the point. I quoted someone else who thinks the same thing.
I apologize if it seemed as though I was insulting your intelligence.
That's my point. People assume just because he can play that one part well can only play that part well. People go into homicide mode at the thought that Zac is in a movie such as Death Note. The guy looks the part and can act, why not give him a shot before assuming he's going to suck.  

Ruisu-sempai

Unbeatable Elocutionist

9,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Elocutionist 200

axaxel

6,550 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:33 pm
they should keep the original Japanese actor he was the best and totally embodies L besides he does speak English so its not like its that hard to get him to do his lines  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:16 am
axaxel
they should keep the original Japanese actor he was the best and totally embodies L besides he does speak English so its not like its that hard to get him to do his lines

Agreed. But it would be odd if they had L as Japanese and the other characters who were supposed to be Japanese, American.  

mai_ivey

cuvier

Fashionable Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:25 am
mai_ivey
axaxel

Agreed. But it would be odd if they had L as Japanese and the other characters who were supposed to be Japanese, American.

If they did that, they'd need to go realistically, the Japanese team played by Japanese, and some Americans for the FBI.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:12 pm
I totally think I should play L...

But seriously, yeah I thought his Japanese live action actor did an amazing job though I don't think anyone could really do him justice!  

Jesikira

1,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Inuhime2

3,350 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:52 pm
I'm in a standstill about Zac a Light. I mean, his phisical apperence fits way better than the guy in the japanese one, but his acting made me forgive it. If Zac can get into Lights head it seams promising. I kinda doubt his ability to go into thoughs dark places Light gets into more and more throughout the story. Then again who knows, I'd like to see him succed  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:23 pm
I've read about this as well, just recently...Zac Efron as Light? Well...if he can pull off being serious and intelligent and a bit insane, then I suppose he could be good, he is a pretty boy. L..that would be a bit more complicated, I think. L is a complicated guy. =p I can't think of anyone who would be more perfect for the role than the guy who did L in the movies...he was so dead on for L, it was insane. XD But then, he's Japanese, so there would be something of a language barrier and all that. American actors, I just can't see anyone fitting our dear L!  

ryukoinu

Inuhime2

3,350 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:58 pm
well, what about L being played by a britt? an actor hith real talent could ease up on the accent and make his speach accent free. I don't know any brittish actors, but you'd be more likely to find an Ideal L if you looked in two counties instead of one.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:38 am
Well for L... maybe Logan Lerman?

Yeah I know he's a little young, (and in Percy Jackson and the Olympians) but I think it could work... he's a good actor, and I think he's the one of like 7 (whos not old) that could play him partially well  

rosie1995

cuvier

Fashionable Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:44 am
rosie1995
Well for L... maybe Logan Lerman?

Yeah I know he's a little young, (and in Percy Jackson and the Olympians) but I think it could work... he's a good actor, and I think he's the one of like 7 (whos not old) that could play him partially well

I agree with him being a good actor, but he doesn't really look the part of L. L has pretty freakish eyes, and Logan would have to wear a wig for accuracy.  
The L Guild Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff