Submit

RurouniZakku

Invisible Genius

5,300 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:17 pm
Does anyone know where I can learn Pre-calculus online, I've been studying physics, but I can't tell if I actually understand them, I don't really understand the math, so I need to study this, help?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:35 pm
Well I'm not sure about websites but you can try looking through Pre Calculus for Idiots. I'm in pre-calc right now and that book helps a lot with the more difficult concepts. It breaks them down and uses everyday language so it's easier to understand.

Hope that helps!  

trustedsamurai7000

O.G. Gaian

5,250 Points
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Pie Enabler 100

Mecill

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:56 pm
What I do when I need to remember a concept I forgot about algebra and trig from high school is just a basic google search, and hopefully a helpful site will appear to guide me... To test if you understand the physics, I recommend quiz yourself if you can solve the related problems in the textbook, but physics isn't just math... You might have to learn some new vocab as well. Anyway, ask if you have any specific questions!  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:17 pm
One spot that I like to look at if I have physics or math problems and I can't find any other location is here.  

llirbwerdnadivad

11,525 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Basilia Ann E

3,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:51 am
RurouniZakku
Does anyone know where I can learn Pre-calculus online, I've been studying physics, but I can't tell if I actually understand them, I don't really understand the math, so I need to study this, help?

for physics you need;

• Calculus (pre calc is not enough)
  • Analytical geometry
  • linear algebra

All are available online - for free. However, you need to develop good library science skills. It's not complicated - just a little time consuming. This is what I learned @ my independent study university - Ακαδημια University. (Library science is the base study - from which all other subjects are studied.) I spent the first few months building an internet library of the sources that I needed. Along the way I found links to free ebook sources that allowed me to start building an eLibrary - in addition to my iLbrary.

The Physics and Mathematics Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games