Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Interesting Character Concepts 4.0

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

JinKazamaru

2,750 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:36 am
I was browsing the options of my D&D Insider verison of 4.0 Character Builder and found something that might become an awesome idea depending how PH3 plays out with the Hybrids

Half-Elf Bard/Ardent Hybrid focused on Con/Cha...
The Concept itself plays out as a good looking male/female who can befriend, seduce, lie, convince, and threaten just about anyone he meets in and out of battle... high Bluff/Intimidate/Streetwise/Diplomacy skills as well as powers that lets it seem like he is putting emotions in other's heads...

The half-elf stumbles as he enters the bar only to cause a drink to be spilled onto a rather large half-orc... after the half-orc approached gives a mean look at the Half-elf... and asks, "Did you really just do that?" and the half-elf replies, "No, sorry." the half-orc's face softens as he looks at the half-elf, "Oh alright than." and resumes his business his friend however isn't impressed as pushes the half-elf, "Hell yes you did!"said the ogre which the half-elf replies, "No I didn't." moments later the ogre is seen in the corner with his thumb in his mouth scared out of his mind. the half-elf than makes his way down the bar to two rather threatening drow women... that is until the half-elf puts his arms around their shoulders with a smile, "Ladies..." the women compelled with a strange sudden feeling of love for this stranger are lead out the tavern door to who knows where

the strange idea of a charming telepath is amusing... first he implants emotions into your head about him fair before he says a word... its easy to believe a lair when he makes you feel like he can be trusted a sudden sense of dread or fear when he intimidates you... or a calming or lust when he bluffs or talks to you.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:01 pm
lol sounds like my 3.5 rogues, minus the telepathy and stuff =x I LOVE the charisma based skills lol it makes me laugh how many people think charisma is just a useless dump stat . I love some of the things I've done with charisma XD I once convinced a group of bandits trying to extract a toll from people using this certain road, that they should pay me for them using the road as well, convinced the city guard I was the kings niece coming to visit, forgery + bluff there. sneaked in to the kings palace stole a maid outfit, dressed up in it and walked around with a forged note, saying I was a mute illiterate maid with special privilege to enter off limits zones of the palace, hense I had to me mute and illiterate. so I couldn't repeat anything I say or heard Rping that with out being able to speak a single word was fun XD got to where the king was sleeping and killed him <.<' was sneaking out and got caught by the palace wizard lol did he kill me? no I simply convinced him that my skills were so great he should hire me, I mean after all no other thief had been able to sneak in to the palace and kill the king before =p (the mage was plotting to kill the king anyways, I just helped him do it lol)  

Seiryna

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:17 pm
I don't think charisma has been a serious dump stat since 2nd ed. If anyone has such a notion, it's likely a holdover from earlier editions.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:38 pm
lol I don't know >< I seem to have this wonderful a** hole magnet on me or something lol it seems the only people I can find to play D&D with are the people that think str and con are the only stat worth getting, the more hp/ac you have the better and the bigger and more damage your weapon does the better you are, so when I use my charisma stacked char and can do everything with out having to pull out my weapon I get called a power gamer or min-maxer lol and kicked out of the game lol the people I'm used to playing with you ask them to roll a diplomacy check they'll roll a 16 and get a 2 total >.> thats how bad it is lol  

Seiryna

JinKazamaru

2,750 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:05 pm
I enjoy Cha skills as well... but 4.0 I enjoy high Wis based characters... with Perception... my Long toothed shifter was so broke in terms of Perception checks I would get woke up in my sleep because I smelt a orc encampment two miles away because one let out some gas... considering if you get the feats and such... you can track down people with not only your eyes but your nose... and if I couldn't smell it my wolf companion could  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games