Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply Writer's and Reader's Corner
Rules of the Writers and Readers Sub-Forum

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FlatteredPawn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:06 am
User Image
Rules to be Followed

1. All creations must be semi-literate

This means using proper grammar to the best of your ability - including punctuation, capitalization and spelling. Also, respect the English language by not butchering it with your "txt" talk.

2. No Content that would be considered 'Mature'

It's against Gaia rules, therefore here as well. User Image

3. No Bumping

It just makes everything a mess. This Sub-Forum is typically slow, so no need to have your stuff front and center went it'll probably be on the main page for a few weeks.

4. No Flaming

Constructive criticism. If you don't know what that is, don't comment at all. If I catch anyone flaming another member I WILL BAN YOU. I have no tolerance such people.

5. Rules are subject to Change.

I reserve the right to add or tailor rules as I see fit. Sometimes the Crew likes to shift things around to make it all shiny and new. That, and sometimes you guys think of new ways to break the rules and we have to scratch our heads and think of something.

Requirements for Written Material

1. If you are posting written works, please state in the title what kind of writing it is (Story, Short Story, Novel, Poetry, Fanfiction, Flash, etc.) Because we are mixed in with the Reader's Corner, telling the original works and the published works apart is important. Also, please include your username in brackets BEFORE the title - no omitting letters. The preferred title set-up is as follows: [FlatteredPawn] The Eve of Spring (Poetry) I will be cracking down on this.

2. If your work is posted on another site, such as FanFiction.net, you may wish to include the URL in the thread. This is so that frequenters of such sites can favorite your story, or haunt you and read other stories of yours. It's also so that we don't raise an eyebrow at you when we see it on FanFiction and wonder if you're the real author or a dirty thief.

Requirements for Readers

1. When posting about books, please include the series, author or title in the subject heading of the thread. Such as: [Garth Nix] Sabriel Series or [Tales of the Otori] Why are the Hidden so hated?

2. If you are reviewing/recommending, please include a summary of the book you are analyzing so that people know what you are talking about.

User Image3. Do not duplicate threads. If there is already a thread on the subject you are wishing to discuss... THEN DON'T MAKE ANOTHER ONE. I will delete the more recent one and point you to the other one. This rule will not be enforced if the topic you are wishing to discuss is not on the first page. I'm tired of looking at five Twilight threads and seeing the same faces in all of them.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:00 am

Hey every one! As some of you have heard, I have elected to be mod for this Sub-Forum. Seeing as I am not all that good at making pretty post like the FlatteredPawn did, I will leave rules as they are for now and edit them if need be. I will soon be doing a sweep of the entire Sub-Forum to ensure that these rules are being followed. If there is a thread that I find that have made minor infractions I will make a small post on the thread listing the infraction and give one week to fix. If not fixed I will send you a PM about it and give you one more week. If I still get no response I will then lock the thread until fixed or I deem that the thread should be removed from the forum. For minor infractions I will try to place these threads in a recycle or storage area as it is only a minor correction that is needed. I understand that this is a slow Sub-Forum and will do my best to cater to that fact. However, for major infractions I will skip the first step and go straight to a PM and lock the thread. You will have one week to respond and fix the problem. If there is no response by then I will move the thread to a recycle area and mark a strike against you here. Depending on if or how you respond I may remove the strike and return the thread to this forum. Every so often, I will report strikes to my fellow crew members to see if there are any other strikes against the member in question and decide if further actions are necessary. Other then that I am extremely laid back and will try to give you room to be creative. I look forward to reading through some of the work you guys have
put down here.  

donie120

Alien Gatekeeper

11,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
Writer's and Reader's Corner

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers