Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
Legitimate Message? (A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SaraDiva728

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:53 pm
I received a PM entitled "Banned!" from an [NPC], I don't remember what her name was, but it wasn't Rina or the one with the laptop. She wore a black skirt-suit if anyone knows her. Anyway she said that I was under investigation and due to the peculiarity of the case Gaia needed my username and password and that I had 45 minutes to respond. She also said that if they found no evidence of wrong doing I'd be given 5000g for my troubles. The PM didn't say what I did, but I was afraid, so I sent the info immediately. The next day I signed in and my avatar said that I had 538 messages waiting for me. However, I went to my inbox and it was empty except a letter I had received from Rina some time before (I had left that in there). The strange letter was gone. I have not heard from her since either. Nothing in my inventory seemed to be missing and I didn't have any money at the time. I have also changed my password since then, too, which this happened a few weeks ago. Was that a hacker? If so, that was d*** beleivable... How do I know better next time?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:59 pm
it's not real a real mod would never ask for you PW  

Doctor Manny

8,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Deletedforgood23

Shy Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:28 pm
Ever, they also dont tell you that you are "under investigation" you just get banned, The whole message thing is them covering their tracks I think, I've only had attempted scams 6-8 times now, never responded with my password. You prolly just got lucky this time, and didnt have anything worth taking next time ignore it  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:35 am
That's what I thought, thanks for confirming. I was lucky, but the next newbie won't be. I'm about a month old now but I was still pretty fresh at the time. I hope that posting this helps someone else.  

SaraDiva728

Olaroe

4,550 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:55 am
i was sent the same thing its a hack  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:57 pm
Mods can access your accounts without pws most likely  

Iconoclastic Ways

4,200 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:11 pm
Heir of Passion
Mods can access your accounts without pws most likely
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
      Precisely! If your account were under investigation, administrators and/or moderators wouldn't need your password to access the information they need.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:30 pm
...birds creep over tin roofs, like criminals with tap shoes...
I Hear Thunder

Real Mods and NPCs have colored and bolded names, something to remember for next time you get a suspicious PM

But Theres No Rain
...stain the glass with windows, extortionate and cold stare...

Tebasile

Moonlight Harvester

☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces