Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Rain's musings

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Well, would it work?
  Yes
  No
  Only with the right crew
  ... what? O_o
View Results

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:28 am
First up, a disclaimer: This is not something I'd be gunning to run. Heck, I'm concerned if the reference would even be realized.

But, would a Momento-styled D&D game work? Namely, to start at the end of a campaign and work their way backwards? You have the answers, and you have to discover the questions.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:57 am
Interesting idea, but how exactly would the mechanics work?  

joe-dude667

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:14 pm
Depending if this was a one shot story arc or a full-blown campaign, really.

With a full-blown campaign, the PCs would definitely need to know, as they level downwards. But I figure that has its humbling aspects, and to watch how the story un-unfolds, from the climatic final battle to its implications to the land/world/universe on a humble local scale on lower levels.

With a single story arc/one-shot, I imagine it would be trying to prove a villain's or relic's involvement with the plot or somesuch. Knowing who or what is responsible, and trying to justify this knowledge. It could be like, slaying a villainous necromancer who plagued the land, then going around undoing his legacy, but the PCs will find out eventually that they are doing the story in reverse.

Hilarious with an undead antagonist, because no matter how many times they defeat him, he keeps coming back!

With the single story arc, if your players were in the dark about the whole idea, they could probably remain so, I'd imagine.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:59 pm
That idea sounds rather amusing, and even if you don't run it - Rain - I'd hope someone would. xD. I would, but it sounds like something way beyond my ability as a DM.  

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

Seiryna

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:35 am
Wow I never thought of it...it might work, but would people stay in it is the question...my self, I am a loot whore, one of the best parts of D&D for me is the RPing and the loot, I love breaking into places im not soppuse to be, getting things I was never soppuse to get, making the DM roll loot for me, cause my curiosity forces me to open every door, look in every chest, or box, and unturn every stone....and I think I would cry the first time I had to give up one of my shiny epic level items or something crying  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games