Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
Avoid getting Hacked (A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

have u been hacked?
  Yes!!!!! T_T <-(really stupid)
  No!!!! ^_^ <-(lucky)
  Almost did O_O <-(luckier)
  I'm a Hacker >_< <-(oh noes)
View Results

xx-RaNdOm_RiSk-xx

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:30 pm
My friend said he'll hack me if I don't give him gold
is there a way of getting away from hacking or anything else??  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:50 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
This thread has been moved to the Questions and Assistance Subforum. I'm going to write you a message right now, okay?

Edit: I responded to you! Here is the answer to your question so that others with the same inquiries may have a complete answer:

I
Hi there, xx-RaNdOm_RiSk-xx! I'm Ebony the Peacian, the Vice Captain of the Newbie Supporting and Training Guild. I just wanted to let you know, first of all, that anyone who threatens to hack you or who attempts to blackmail you in order to receive gold is not your friend. By threatening you, they are violating the Gaian Terms of Service. You need to report and/or add this person to your Ignored List so that they can no longer harass you and so that a Gaia Online administrator can deal with the situation effectively. Do not give this person your password, and you're supposed to give gold to others out of kindness - not because you're afraid of getting hacked.

Your thread has been moved to the Questions and Assistance Subforum; please post your threads in the appropriate location. Thank you, and stay safe!

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

Doctor Manny

8,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:05 pm
change you PW and maybe even your name and don't save you PW on a open computer  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:20 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
The strongest weapon you have against any hacker is a strong password. Please visit this informative guide for more information on how to protect yourself from hackers and scammers.  

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas