Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Welcome to WLD (3.5/PF) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CC Gengar

Aged Millionaire

8,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:53 pm
[ Character Sheets ]

[ Premise/Foreword ]

As you can no doubt tell from simply reading the title, you all will be plunged into the depths of the Hell that is known as The World's Largest Dungeon. Gird your loins ladies and gentlemen, you're in quite the bumpy ride.

[ Setting Information/Background ]

It's a dungeon that you can't escape except by plumbing it to the bottom. What else is there to say?

- Summoning magic has a 75% chance to not work and even if it does there is a 50% chance that the summoned creature becomes trapped with in the dungeon.

- Food and drink only need to be consumed once every three days since time moves slower inside the dungeon.

[ Game Introduction/Plot ]

Millennia ago the great celestial choirs embarked on a mighty mission of utmost good. They constructed an impregnable maze of corridors and rooms that spanned farther than any mortal creature could sanely hope to traverse. They placed this great structure in a pocket removed from both time and space, ensuring that only they could safely go to and from its sullen halls. But this was but the beginning of their heroic calling. They scoured the many planes, gathering as many heinous entities as possible that could not simply be destroyed or killed and trapped them inside the forged container. The construct thence ceased merely being an architectural marvel and became a prison unlike any other. The Celestials then realized that with so much evil contained in one place their escape was only an inevitability. So, for the good of all, they destroyed the devices that allowed movement to and from the prison, sealing it off from all reality.

But nothing last forever and even the greatest laid plans can be spoiled by a random event. Lo the prison did stand for thousands upon thousands of years, it and its residents leaving all knowledge before long. This only remained the truth until a great cosmic quake shook all reality. Some say that this universal tremor was caused by one of the horrors of the Far Realm shrugging in its sleep, brushing up against the walls of existence. Some claim that the Ur-Gods that created all were beginning to reform. The philosopher Didactylos suggested an alternative hypothesis: 'things just happen, what the hell'.

What ever the cause, this quake sundered the prison. Once removed from all reality it now found itself appearing in shards all over the multiverse. An expedition of Duergar could be tunneling in their mines and suddenly break through into a jail cell with in the prison's heart. Or a Salamander Flamebrother could suddenly be sucked under the lava stream it was basking in, being spit out into a destroyed grand hall sinking below the hot molten rock. With its defenses breached it will only be so long before the horrors it contains find the outside world or the other way around.

[ Character Creation ]

3.5 Traits and Flaws are allowed.

Available Sources: All 3.5 and Pathfinder books
Banned Resources: Third party material

ECL: 1
Gold: You have 500 gold to spend on starting gear. Any unspent gold is lost after character creation.
Races: All are allowed. (We will be using Pathfinder Monstrous Race rules and you are only allowed to be something up to CR 5. No Minotaurs will be allowed).
Ability Scores*: 32 point buy.

Hit Points: Full hit points every level.
Alignments: Any.
Pantheon: Any.
Backgrounds: Not required though having one to prove you're acting in character will benefit you greatly.

[ House/Optional Rules ]

1] I will grant 1 experience point when ever I feel that a player is acting in character and that it is necessary to give them. (True Neutral and Chaotic Neutral never receive this benefit.)
2] A Natural 1 is always a failure, 20 a success. (Except when a result is definitely impossible to achieve.)
3] Templates work off LA instead of CR for PCs and in this case LA buyoff is in effect.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:20 pm
Well Gengar, ya joined mine, I'll join yours razz

Let me read, and then I'll get the sheet sent to ya.  

CC Gengar

Aged Millionaire

8,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:21 pm
Insanity Logic
Well Gengar, ya joined mine, I'll join yours razz

Let me read, and then I'll get the sheet sent to ya.

Alrighty.

I prefer Tangled Web when it comes to profiles but use what ever you wish.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:15 pm
Updated first post.  

CC Gengar

Aged Millionaire

8,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200

Yurro

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:00 pm
Candy Coated Gengar
Races: All are allowed. (We will be using Pathfinder Monstrous Race rules and you are only allowed to be something up to CR 5. No Minotaurs will be allowed).

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but since I've yet to play a Pathfinder game allowing Monstrous Races, I have to ask...

How does the Pathfinder rules differ from DnD for Monstrous Races? Lets say that I want to play a Psuedodragon, which is a CR 1/Lvl Adjust +3, how would that work out? Would I have to take racial progression levels?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:41 pm
So, is this a regular 3.5 game, or is this a Pathfinder game? confused  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

CC Gengar

Aged Millionaire

8,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:38 pm
Yurro
Candy Coated Gengar

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but since I've yet to play a Pathfinder game allowing Monstrous Races, I have to ask...

How does the Pathfinder rules differ from DnD for Monstrous Races? Lets say that I want to play a Psuedodragon, which is a CR 1/Lvl Adjust +3, how would that work out? Would I have to take racial progression levels?

No. The Pathfinder rules for monstrous PCs (unless there's an errata out, but I tend to follow printed text in a book over some hasty patches anyways) is that you use CR to determine its effective character level. The example they give is a Minotaur, which is CR 4. So let's say a Minotaur Barbarian 1 wants to go adventuring? Then it'd join a party of level 5 characters. It would gain a level every time the normal PCs gain 3 levels for an amount of times equal to its total CR at the beginning cut in half and rounded down.

So the Minotaur Barbarian 1 (CR 5) would go through this process twice. It becomes a Barbarian 2 when the party gain their 8th level and then becomes Barbarian 3 when they're 11. After that point it levels normally.

Edit: Of course, in the case for this game, the leveling process doesn't occur for any monstrous characters until after the point a normal PC would have reached their CR in levels and then gains a further 3 levels.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:39 pm
Rain Yupa
So, is this a regular 3.5 game, or is this a Pathfinder game? confused

Pathfinder with 3.5 backwards compatibility.  

CC Gengar

Aged Millionaire

8,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:34 am
I'll join. I know my 3.5, though I have no idea of Pathfinder XD So I'll probbaly be asking a fair few questions till I can track down some books =3

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:53 am
Alright lack of pathfinder books makes this a little difficult but I have plenty of 3.5 knowledge to whip up a character. BUT I wanted to ask something. In your race description you give that people can be up to a CR 5 really? So you are talking we can be a CR 5 race with one class level or we can be crap tackular and be a human with 1 class level? Am I missing something?  

Archfiend Damio

Archfiend Damio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:26 am
I lied I got the pathfinder book.
>.>
<.<
And the beastiary.

And so my understanding on the race thing is such. you can start strong and be a race up to CR 5 But you gain no class level until you would appropriately for a CR 5 monster? Effectively giving you a head start but then a human passes you up and you wait to level until they reach a certain point.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:26 am
Shoot me a PM if you would like a subforum for this game, if you are to be running it in here. :]  

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

CC Gengar

Aged Millionaire

8,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:19 am
The Jester of Equilibrium
Alright lack of pathfinder books makes this a little difficult but I have plenty of 3.5 knowledge to whip up a character. BUT I wanted to ask something. In your race description you give that people can be up to a CR 5 really? So you are talking we can be a CR 5 race with one class level or we can be crap tackular and be a human with 1 class level? Am I missing something?

You can choose to be a 0 CR race (base races, no la races) and level normally or you can choose to be a monstrous race with 1 class level (like the Minotaur example) but only level once in a blue moon for a while.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:21 am
The Jester of Equilibrium
I lied I got the pathfinder book.
>.>
<.<
And the beastiary.

And so my understanding on the race thing is such. you can start strong and be a race up to CR 5 But you gain no class level until you would appropriately for a CR 5 monster? Effectively giving you a head start but then a human passes you up and you wait to level until they reach a certain point.

You get 1 class level at the get go period. But yes, this is basically just a head start advantage with you trailing for a while until the "normal" PCs reach the appropriate level.  

CC Gengar

Aged Millionaire

8,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200

CC Gengar

Aged Millionaire

8,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:23 am
Rock_DS
I'll join. I know my 3.5, though I have no idea of Pathfinder XD So I'll probbaly be asking a fair few questions till I can track down some books =3

Just look for one of the Pathfinder SRDs for the basic info. Pathfinder is essentially 3.5 with a lot of fixes to elements to the game so they mesh easily.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff