Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
(3.5) Youth of a Nation: Accepting

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

glitterboypilot

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:07 am
(New idea. I could Dm it, Though Like I said I can only post on weekends. Because of that, I can understand if no one joins. Here goes nothing. I hope to make it more of an Rp than combat game. So there will be no limit on people, who can join.)

....A six-sided die is rolled once. What is the probability that the number rolled is an even number greater than 2? ...

Was the stupid question Mr. Sparta had us try to answer as we ran around the school grounds, on this fringed winter day. "The class can stop and go home for the day, if someone answers the question." He called out as he ran in the middle of the group, "And that person gets a bonus passing score." Mr. Sparta, or Logan as he likes to be called, is a human from across the sea. He’s a strange man. Last year, he had the kids replay, the War of the East Empire, in the streets of the town. He says that he is 75, though the way he keeps up with the kids in town makes him looks more like a 20 year old.

It was another day in Hyda 18, more commonly referred to Northstone Island. One of 45 Islands in the Hyda Sea. With fishing being the key source of income for many of the families on the island, many of the kids can go home to see one of their parents, if they are lucky. Hyda Sea isn't known for its calm waters. At the town hall is 3 walls of names of sailors who didn't return is proof enough.

Snow was beginning to fall on the school grounds…

Character creation:
Available Sources: Core, Completes, Psionics, and PH2
Banned Resources: Everything else. (Sorry I can only use the books I have on my Jump drive. If you want anything else check with me, but nothing super strange)

ECL: 1st
Gold: Starting gold divided in half. Your kids for crying out loud.
Races: PHB, MM [No LA.]
Ability Scores*: 36 point buy OR 5d6, drop the lowest, 7 times.
xxxxxxxxxx* If you roll, you cannot choose point-buy. If you roll and get no score above 13, or a total modifier of +1 or less (after dropping the lowest roll) you may re-roll.
Hit Points: Maximum first level, roll 2HD for each level afterward. Re-roll any ones, take the best of the two rolls.
Alignments: Any, try not to be game disruptive too much though.
Pantheon: Any.
Backgrounds: Optional. Quarter of a level in exp.
Special: Only Simple weapons and medium armor will be allowed for kids, no matter what your class is. Be lucky that I am giving you weapons at all.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:17 am
So basically its a game were we start as children or where we are children the whole time?  

Archfiend Damio

glitterboypilot

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:39 pm
Start as Teens if it lasts past 5th level(Not alot of mine do.), I will put up a poll to see what you guys think. If you, the group, don't want to stay in that age group, I will have a time jump maybe like Rip Van Winkle or Sleeping Beauty.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:20 am
Alright well here is the thing will there actually be things to fight while attending this school or will Xp be awarded for other reasons?  

Archfiend Damio

glitterboypilot

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:52 pm
I was going to do a little bit of both. At the School you will learn to fight; low level monsters and humanoids. In the town their is always rival gangs, Rats and other animals. XP will be given to the group for combat and individually for skill checks, saves and Story development.

Depending on how the group goes they could be taken on 'fishing trips' or to Disciplinary school.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games