Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
4.0 X-men Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

JinKazamaru

2,750 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:45 pm
So yea the last few days I've been messing with my 4.0 character builder from DDI considering I don't have all the options at the moment (primal power so on) I came up with the following X-men themed characters

Male Warforged fighter
Male Long toothed shifter Barbarian
Male Eldrin Swordmage
Female Deva Invoker
Male Kalashar Cleric
Female Human Psionic

Anyone want to guess who?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:54 pm
Hmmm, I'm gonna say...

Colossus
Wolverine
Gambit
Storm
-not really sure-
Jean Grey  

bamaotaku
Crew

JinKazamaru

2,750 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:24 pm
Oh close, you got 4/6  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:15 am
The Druid class was made for Storm. Of course Storm Sorcerer fits the bill as well, Storm seems a bit more controller than striker sometimes. Kalashtar Cleric would probably be Chuck Xavier, with all the telepathy goin' on, though the Ardent class seems a bit more his thing.

Kitty Pryde I would place as an elf pursuit avenger, since they get a set of insubstantial and phasing powers at higher levels. Forge is certainly an artificer.  

Arc Vembris
Crew

JinKazamaru

2,750 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:33 am
Arc I was thinking Druid obviously as well as storm sorc but invoker with Deva made the most sense... druid doesn't have any real lighting/thunder powers and storm sorc Deva wouldn't be so great... and Deva with its past lifes and theme of helping the gods really rung Storm's persona and invoker with the right powers had plenty of thunder and lighting damage  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:27 am
lol, when one of my friends started playing D&D 3.5 he actually made a fairly effective Wolverine... I think it was a Human Barbarian, he had catclaw gauntlents as weapons and rode a magically powered "motorcylce". Considering that was his first game I think he pulled it off very well... complete with a moment where he jumped off of the thing doing the famous "Lunge-dive-stab-in-the-chest move" ... Which he critted both attacks on against an Ogre. *shudders*  

Mikashi Bartonsier

iDragow

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:21 am
I would love a 4.0 X-Men game; ever since your idea of a Wolverine in Mercs. I probably would have made Gambit an Assassin, because the Shrouds sound almost identical to his move in Marvel vs. Capcom, Royal Flush. mrgreen

EDIT: OOH! The Eladrin Swordmage is Nightcrawler! What with their teleport-y abilities and all.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:10 am
iDragow
I would love a 4.0 X-Men game; ever since your idea of a Wolverine in Mercs. I probably would have made Gambit an Assassin, because the Shrouds sound almost identical to his move in Marvel vs. Capcom, Royal Flush. mrgreen

EDIT: OOH! The Eladrin Swordmage is Nightcrawler! What with their teleport-y abilities and all.
I don't know if you could really do gambit justice without a bit of homebrew in 4e. if there was a more ranged-focused build of an assasin, that would be perfect as you could then get ki focus + improvised weapon for instant explosive whachamahoozits.

you could probably fake it with a barbarian multiclass and either hurl weapon or improvised missile, but gambit strikes me as more dexterity focused than a brawler.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

iDragow

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:16 am
SporkMaster5000
I don't know if you could really do gambit justice without a bit of homebrew in 4e. if there was a more ranged-focused build of an assasin, that would be perfect as you could then get ki focus + improvised weapon for instant explosive whachamahoozits.

you could probably fake it with a barbarian multiclass and either hurl weapon or improvised missile, but gambit strikes me as more dexterity focused than a brawler.

True, the Assassin ranged powers don't use weapons, so would be a bit more difficult to use as cards in fluff.

Maybe a ranged Rogue using Shurikens, but then using a staff would seriously detract from the class.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:19 am
iDragow
True, the Assassin ranged powers don't use weapons, so would be a bit more difficult to use as cards in fluff.
you could hand wave that the same way they do the monk's powers. you toss a card but it's the power of your ki focus actually doing the damage, so it doesn't matter what you were tossing at them. i think the real issue is that the assassin ranged powers are pretty sparse.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

iDragow

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:06 am
SporkMaster5000
you could hand wave that the same way they do the monk's powers. you toss a card but it's the power of your ki focus actually doing the damage, so it doesn't matter what you were tossing at them. i think the real issue is that the assassin ranged powers are pretty sparse.

I'm not sure, because I haven't looked too seriously into the higher levels of the Assassin. I know that they have a ranged At-Will and a ranged Encounter for level 1, but other than that I'm in the dark. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:20 am
iDragow
SporkMaster5000

I'm not sure, because I haven't looked too seriously into the higher levels of the Assassin. I know that they have a ranged At-Will and a ranged Encounter for level 1, but other than that I'm in the dark. sweatdrop
two ranged encounters and one ranged daily at lv1, then they have 6 more through all three tiers, and one area burst. they can get things at range, but ti's not exactly their comfort zone.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

JinKazamaru

2,750 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:05 pm
I was sort of thinking Seeker as a choice for Gambit, and good call on the swordmage... of course hes not blue with a tail but he does teleport so it made as much sense as I could manage I was thinking cindersoul genasi or prehaps an avenger but sadly I dont have the info on that to know if it would work out... and avenger didnt have enough powers that I was looking for.

Male Kalashar Cleric... would be Scott Summers - Cyclops
ever heard of a laser cleric? plus he has a leadership role and to top it off hes lawful good the type of guy Logan cant stand half the time

I was thinking Paladin at first but the lack of long ranged powers didnt go well with Scott's concept... and Paladin more or less tagged Captain America more than anything

I'm quite fond of my Colossus but if someone were to run him in my campaign I might make a few interesting house rules most notiable is how I notice there isnt many feats dealing with fist like weapons much less powers... he ended up a fighter because with 17 strength I endded up having him duel wield spiked gauntlets... can I get a refresher on rather or not spike gauntlets stop the use of grabbing your enemy when you have them on?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:41 pm
JinKazamaru
I was sort of thinking Seeker as a choice for Gambit, and good call on the swordmage... of course hes not blue with a tail but he does teleport so it made as much sense as I could manage I was thinking cindersoul genasi or prehaps an avenger but sadly I dont have the info on that to know if it would work out... and avenger didnt have enough powers that I was looking for.

Male Kalashar Cleric... would be Scott Summers - Cyclops
ever heard of a laser cleric? plus he has a leadership role and to top it off hes lawful good the type of guy Logan cant stand half the time

I was thinking Paladin at first but the lack of long ranged powers didnt go well with Scott's concept... and Paladin more or less tagged Captain America more than anything

I'm quite fond of my Colossus but if someone were to run him in my campaign I might make a few interesting house rules most notiable is how I notice there isnt many feats dealing with fist like weapons much less powers... he ended up a fighter because with 17 strength I endded up having him duel wield spiked gauntlets... can I get a refresher on rather or not spike gauntlets stop the use of grabbing your enemy when you have them on?
i don't think they do since they're categorized as unarmed as opposed to heavy blade etc.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:36 pm
As a warforged he could just use a Battlefist

windsoul genasi sorc could probably be iceman, though replicating his ice slide would be tricky for any class.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff