Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mortal Instruments Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for discussions, RPing, and generally enjoying books. Mostly Cassandra Clare's, but other's as well. 

Tags: Mortal, Instruments, Infernal, Devices, Clare 

Reply Mortal Instruments Guild
Is anyone else worried Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ClaryF

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:43 pm
That when the movies come out, they will become overly-popular like Twilight?

I know fans who read & enjoyed the Twilight saga before the movies came out get annoyed by the craze of it now.

Plus you have all the people who hate it simply because of the newer, crazed fans and all of the hype, and who pick apart every tiny little aspect of the series in a negative aspect (thus kind of ruining it).

I'm sort of worried that MI will become this big thing, and that there will be a plethora of fangirls who act all crazy over the movie, but havn't even read the book...

I know that it's pretty selfish, but I don't want to share with 'them'!! crying  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:46 pm
Don't feel selfish~! :b
Your fear's beyond perfectly justified. I have the same worries about TMI becoming a big smash hit.

I am somewhat worried... but at the same time, I'm under the impression that people will like the TMI series for different reasons than they may have Twilight, as well as any other book-to-movie film.

To me, TMI isn't about what Twilight is, or has the same feel and allure. So while TMI might get overly-popular like Twilight, wouldn't it be a good thing for more people to take interest in a great series, thus hooping fans' interests of the movies to check out the amazing books?

I'unno.. I never fed into the Twilight thing - I usually steer away from those things. TMI never felt like Twilight, to me, though - and even with a movie, it feels like it won't end up going there.

TMI is incomparable, but if little girls were running around squealing over TMI, it probably wouldn't piss me off too badly.. XD

And like any book-movie, there'll always be mass interest; take Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings. Every new thing that comes into existence has its time of popularity. Hopefully the TMI films will have a different reaction and feel to it than Twilight.

I agree, though, even with my positive outlook!

I don't want to share with people who just see the hot men on-screen or the KEWL CREETURZ and get fanatically obsessed with them, and miss the entire storyline and point of the series. ;^; It's so much more than something shallow and simple.

I hope that, if TMI comes out, there'll be those who appreciate it and come to adore it for more than just something fickle they see in it. It's suuuuch a great series. I hope it entices everyone to pick up the books! .o.

Ealdwic
Crew

2,300 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Kai Sparrowheart

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:36 pm
I KNOW! i am soooo selfish.every book i read that i love i want to keep secret.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:42 pm
The key difference btw TMI and Twilight is TMI isn't pointless so it wont atract idiotic bimbos as much. I think thats what cynoyonrae was saying but im bitter and cynical so it comes out like that.  

netherfreak
Captain

unicornsrcoolio

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:51 pm
I am.... but I don't think TMI will get people very obbsessive with it like Twilight. Twilight was a love story. And even though TMI also has love it also has so much more. Plus, Cassandra Clare isn't going to make a Breaking Dawn. By that I mean Jace and Clary getting married and having a kid. So I'm not that worried about it. But if it does I'm going to be a little mad. I mean people at my school are already reading it this year when I remember last year it was only my sister's and my book. D:  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:16 pm
netherfreak
The key difference btw TMI and Twilight is TMI isn't pointless so it wont atract idiotic bimbos as much. I think thats what cynoyonrae was saying but im bitter and cynical so it comes out like that.

....Yeah. XDD
Basically, that sums it up perfectly. Lmao. I was afraid I'd offend Twilight readers if I outright said I think the fandom wank over those books is effing retarded. But I might as well admit it anyhow~! :B

Ealdwic
Crew

2,300 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

netherfreak
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:41 pm
cynoyonrae
netherfreak

....Yeah. XDD
Basically, that sums it up perfectly. Lmao. I was afraid I'd offend Twilight readers if I outright said I think the fandom wank over those books is effing retarded. But I might as well admit it anyhow~! :B

lol, ur welcome.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:34 pm
Oh thank god I'm not the only one that wants to hide every good book I read away! It's selfish, but... I can't help it! I really hope TMI doesn't get as popular as Twilight, but I am hoping not because, as someone said, Twilight revolves around Edward and Bella's love, and then chucks in some fight scenes which, when you think about it, are all based on Edward and Bella's love. 'OMG, bad vampire is coming to kill me because Edward was protecting me due to his obsession with me.' 'OMG, Edward is going to kill himself because he can't live without me.' etc, etc. TMI is a lot deeper than that and has more of a complicated storyline, and while Jace and Clary are main characters, the story does progress further than a whole lot of fluff and sexism. My only issue is that Jace will obviously be played by a attractive young man, therefore fangirls may ignore the actul storyline and decide they are in love with TMI just because of Jace's abs.  

mai_ivey

Plush Dust

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:25 pm
Your worries are justified, my dear. No one wants to see TMI turning into a fangirl-obsessed cult. But, as cynoyonrae had said before, there is a huge difference between TMI and Twilight. So large, in fact, that I don;t believe its worth worrying about TOO much, but there's nothing wrong with being a little anxious.

TMI teaches people about courage, wisdom, strength and love--And Twilight is simply about being obsessed with your boyfriend/girlfriend and throwing a hissy fit when you don't see them for a few minutes.

(I'll admittedly say that I have read the Twilight series, and it completely ruins the whole idea of "vampirism" and the dark culture behind it. Such a waste!)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:48 pm
Snuffaluffikin
Your worries are justified, my dear. No one wants to see TMI turning into a fangirl-obsessed cult. But, as cynoyonrae had said before, there is a huge difference between TMI and Twilight. So large, in fact, that I don;t believe its worth worrying about TOO much, but there's nothing wrong with being a little anxious.

TMI teaches people about courage, wisdom, strength and love--And Twilight is simply about being obsessed with your boyfriend/girlfriend and throwing a hissy fit when you don't see them for a few minutes.

(I'll admittedly say that I have read the Twilight series, and it completely ruins the whole idea of "vampirism" and the dark culture behind it. Such a waste!)

â—‹â—‹â—‹

Hah. Exactly! Twilight and TMI are just so so far away from each other... TMI is in a whole different league. Personally, I'm probably going to be one of the fans running around squeaking about "MAGNUS, ALEC, JACE, CLARY, BWARRR~!", so I can't say I reeeally give a crap if people get obsessed. At least I can understand their excitement and fandom for the characters - there's actually substance to them. P:

Anyhow, so as not to turn this into a Twilight-bashing thread. . .

If they do make movies, they better do them damn well brilliantly. I'd cry if they turned out awful. But I see commercials for The Lightning Thief and other book-to-films coming out, and they don't appear awful. So maybe TMI gets to be one of those epic, fantastically-done movies that wow us into silence.

We can only hope.

â—‹â—‹â—‹

Ealdwic
Crew

2,300 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

loveless_in_hell

7,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:26 am
If it comes to that we can say we'r original fans of the series
And Twilight has nothing compared to MI ^^  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:49 pm
Check this out.D:  

unicornsrcoolio

Starcatcher07

7,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:03 am
I use to like Twilight, wasn't obsesed with is, but it was a good book series. Then they made it into a movie.
I LOVE this series, It's one of the best ones I've found in a while, and now that they want to make this into a movie, all the movie fans are going to go obsesive and diss anyone who actually like the books before the movie. (Which happened to me on THREE Different ocations cuz i refused to go see the movie.)

I'm also scared about the Lighning Thief coming out. Those books were awesome and now, UGH. Lately it seems every book i read get's turned into a movie Two or three weeks or months later it's annoying. I'm waiting to see The movie for Hush, Hush coming out. Which is another good book i just read.

ANOTHER TWILIGHT RERUN GREAT!!!!!!! That's the last thing I need. (I'm not comparing the books to Twilight I'm saying the same thing is going to happen with it.)

I actually want to make a patition that says "No you can not make this book into a movie."  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:13 am
loveless_in_hell
If it comes to that we can say we'r original fans of the series
And Twilight has nothing compared to MI ^^

I despise it when no one believes you read it first. You can be "I liked it before the hype!" but no one believes you.  

mai_ivey

Mortal Instruments Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces