Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply Health and Fitness
Not allowed to work out....

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Work it!
  Go back to bed!
View Results

shall she sail seas

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:24 am
I had my wisdom tooth taken out recently. The dentist advised me not to work out and it's been torture. I think my mom made it worse (unintentionally) by buying me a pendant in the shape of a dumbell later that day.

It's healing pretty slowly.... I'm tempted to sneak in a few flies, weighted squats and lunges, crunches and scapular push ups in the meantime. If it's weighted, I'm thinking of only 3kg per dumbell.

Should I?

My weight-gaining diet has also gone to the shitter because of all the crap I can't eat until I heal.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:42 am
How long ago did you get your wisdom teeth removed? If it was under a week ago I would just suck it up because I don't think they want you having much of an elevated heart rate because it could open up your mouth wounds which means it would take even longer to heal.  

Roslin

shall she sail seas

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:16 am
lol. I forgot to check this. It's been more than a week since my wisdom tooth removal now, so this advice isn't really applicable to me anymore. Thanks anyway, and maybe it'll become useful to someone else in my shoes at a later date.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:00 am
NomNomNominal
I had my wisdom tooth taken out recently. The dentist advised me not to work out and it's been torture. I think my mom made it worse (unintentionally) by buying me a pendant in the shape of a dumbell later that day.

It's healing pretty slowly.... I'm tempted to sneak in a few flies, weighted squats and lunges, crunches and scapular push ups in the meantime. If it's weighted, I'm thinking of only 3kg per dumbell.

Should I?

My weight-gaining diet has also gone to the shitter because of all the crap I can't eat until I heal.

You can always do some push-ups and sit-ups in your room.  

JuniorFirefighter61

Health and Fitness

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff