Welcome to Gaia! ::

Skip Beat Fan Guild

Back to Guilds

Plain and simple, this is a guild for Skip Beat fans! 

Tags: SkipBeat, Manga, Kyoko, Anime, Reino 

Reply Skip Beat Fan Guild
I wonder why...? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LovelessIsMyName

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:53 am
I wonder why Ren hasn't told Kyoko that he was the kid who gave her, her "Presious" stone. Why hasn't he told her that he is Corn? Is it connected to his past.

1.Doesn't want her to know about his past.
2. He doesn't want her to know just because.

I am wondering like crazy give me your thoughts.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:49 pm
he probably has his reasons. in the first place he wanted to forget about his past. also since ren is his stage name i dont think he wants anyone, not even kyoko, to know his real name.  

ninjaclimbs

Thee_Lady_Fang

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:38 pm
Yeah you guys have a point, though I think he really really wants her to remember on her own...He's hopelessly romantic in that sense huh?
sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:26 pm

My opinion is that he doesn't want anyone to know about his past and doesn't plan on letting them know without a fight. (I mean how much fun would it be if we just got to hear the depressing story with no drama involved?)

Most of the facts that we already have let us know that he is Kuon - "Corn". Around Chapter 109 Volume 18-19 in America we are kind of given a little hint about Ren's 'family', but it's quite vague really. It is basically told to the reader that Ren is the son of Kuu and that Kuu hasn't been able to talk with Ren because Ren avoids him. (The avoiding is insinuated by the weird method which Kuu tries to get Ren to speak with him).
Kuu when speaking about Kuon's mother Julie - ""Just once would be fine... even for five minutes would be fine. Can't you give us back our Kuon...?'"

HEH? What is that supposed to mean? (Yes I know the context of the quote) From that you can note that Tsugura Ren is a separate person than Kuon and for some reason he can't go back to being Kuon. Why? Dunno.

At the very end of act 98 when Ren touches Reino (assuming that Reino really does have psychic ability and isn't just another werido) Reino sees a flashback of Kuon's past which horrifies him.

Kyoko on what Reino said about her stone - "'What he says, that Corn has left this world by now.'"
Ren- "Wha?"
Kyoko - "He told me... that Corn... was sad and suffering since he was a child. And his emotions were not what an ordinary child would have. And... if he continued having such feelings as he grew up... Corn... would be insane... or would have left this..."

So basically the author is teasing us. =x We do know that his past was bad- Renio describes what Kyoko has gone through to be "minuscule in comparison". It's obvious that Miss Nakamura plans on pulling this plot cookie out and breaking apart . s l o w l y . so we're just going to have to be patient and savor it piece by piece..

Rena9b

5,150 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Informer 100

Sakura_Aqualight

Wicked Mage

22,715 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Astral Veteran 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:41 pm
I agree that he wants her to remember on her own... that maybe by her remember that he was the one that was always there for her and not Sho... will make her care for him more... I guess... and we dont know his full background either... like why did he decide to roam the streets when he was younger living in America...  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:02 pm
The Author is trying to tease us to death. Yes Ren is suprisingly hopeless when it comes to love but look the brightside so is Kyoko. ...Wait... thats not a brightside. thats a down fall.  

LovelessIsMyName

Riri T-chan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:41 am
I think i agree with everyone here. He doesnt want to tell about his past but at the same time he wants her to figure it out on her own. Its really confusing if you try to put it all together!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:48 am

He probably killed someone. *dead serious*

Rena9b

5,150 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Informer 100

Ryuk the reaper

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:06 pm
he probally don't know how to tell her  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:28 am
True, true. I cant wait to see her reaction when she finds out though. *Devilish smile*  

LovelessIsMyName

IMustBeInsanelyInsane

Romantic Genius

10,200 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:47 pm
I think he just does't want anyone to know about his past until he accomplishes his goal (which I'm pretty sure is to be more sucessful than his father was). Even if that means hiding something from Kyoko.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:46 pm
Kio Ichigo
True, true. I cant wait to see her reaction when she finds out though. *Devilish smile*

That is so true! It will be halirous!~ heart  

Riri T-chan

LovelessIsMyName

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:13 pm
Riri T-chan
Kio Ichigo

That is so true! It will be halirous!~ heart

I cant even imagine the look on her face, so we all know its going to be priceless. ^_^  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:29 am
I'm not so sure... I kinda have a feeling that with something so relevant to the plot and character development might not be portrayed as comedic.

I'm not sure I'd be satisfied if it was comedic...
Ren: "Oh hey! Guess what I forgot to tell you that I'm really Kuon!"
Kyoko: =O *gasp* "Nooooooooo way! So Ren you're really a FAIRY?!"

Shoot me now =_=

Rena9b

5,150 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Informer 100

LovelessIsMyName

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:51 am
heart  
Skip Beat Fan Guild