Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Duskblade 3.5 Question... really bugging me. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Archfiend Damio

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:29 pm
>.> Sorry I am mad at the event and at the 4e talk in my 3.5 Duskblade question!!
And big news kiddies Pathfinder totally stompped 4e in sales on thier release date.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:25 pm
Slipping back on topic...I still stand by my statement that casting for Duskblades should be secondary. xp

If you're determined to get more spells, you could always just take a few levels of Wizard then later take the Spellsword prestige class. It doesn't give full spell progression, but it allows you to ignore arcane spell failure for the spells you cast as a Wizard. It also allows you to take any of your spells (not just touch spells like Duskblades) and place them into your weapon to be discharged on the target of a successful hit. That includes rays and area effect spells.  

bamaotaku
Crew

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:44 pm
I never thought the Duskblade as an offensive caster. Usually got him a good number of utility spells that would always be useful regardless of the level, and PrC'd straight to Abjurant Champion at 5th level, then at 10th level continued the Duskblade for the full 15 levels, without losing out on anything precious.

However, you could potentially go: Duskblade 4/Wizard 3/Ultimate Magus 10 for both spontaneous, and prepared casting, whilst being able to cast in Medium armor, and a heavy shield.
Looking at Casting Levels of... Wizard 12/Duskblade 12 before any feats are calculated in to boost those up further.
But, as most of those spells would be used on self- and party-buffs, you wouldn't have to worry about beating the opposition's SR or anything of the like. The only thing that would take a hit is your durations... And BAB, as that's 13 levels of 1/2 BAB.

Personally, I would do the first option.

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff