Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Posting Bug on Gaia Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:50 pm
So yeah, apparently they have a posting bug right now, and I'm worried about making posts that might get screwed up or even possibly deleted as they fix it. Imma put a hiatus on my posts for tonight, until they get it worked out. I loathe putting a lot of work into something, only to find I did it for nothing sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:38 pm
Rain Yupa
So yeah, apparently they have a posting bug right now, and I'm worried about making posts that might get screwed up or even possibly deleted as they fix it. Imma put a hiatus on my posts for tonight, until they get it worked out. I loathe putting a lot of work into something, only to find I did it for nothing sweatdrop
they had the same or a similar bug not long ago. I wish they'd get a little more communication about it, instead of just letting people wtf about it until it gets fixed.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:59 am
Bug still active xp  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:35 pm
I think it's safe to say most games will now be pulled to a halt until this bug is fixed..
If not, they'll slow down until people can decipher WTF is happening, and how.

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:27 pm
G'ah! What the heck Gaia, I've given you a day! Can't you compare code to the forums before the bug happened and isolate the problem, or something?

Sonuva crap -_-'

I'm deathly afraid of a posting rollback, so it's what's holding me back from making any plot-relevant posts ._.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:48 pm
Rain Yupa
G'ah! What the heck Gaia, I've given you a day! Can't you compare code to the forums before the bug happened and isolate the problem, or something?

Sonuva crap -_-'

I'm deathly afraid of a posting rollback, so it's what's holding me back from making any plot-relevant posts ._.
there's not gonna be a rollback. it's probably just a database issue.

post order was just basically restarted from an arbitrary looking point, once you hit a new page, or if you start a new thread you don't even notice. it's probably not gonna get fixed until monday, and even then they're not gonna do much more than reset where new posts go.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:53 pm
But it also appears most threads, upon making a new page with a post, seems to become inaccessable.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:55 pm
Rain Yupa
But it also appears most threads, upon making a new page with a post, seems to become inaccessable.
really? I haven't experienced that at all.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

iDragow

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:33 pm
A few of the topics are doing it. I know that I can't access the last page of the OOC in Coliseum or the latest page in Keep on the Shadowfell. sad  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:56 pm
Here's something to keep y'all busy. Thunt from the webcomic Goblins just posted his latest Tempts Fate challenge. For those unawares, its a "side quest" of sorts, as part of a personal fund raiser (since drawing the comic is his source of income), where a goblin faces terrible challenges, and whether he survives or fails depends on donations from the readers. And sometimes, a little extra.

With this latest edition, there's a doorway with a secret password that needs to be spoken by 15 readers via email, or else Tempts Fate cannot pass. I started around 9:30 and finished by 11:30.

http://goblins.keenspot.com/tf9.html

No spoiler answers or tips for anyone! I think I could have figured it out sooner if I did it the original way I planned, but I second guessed myself and changed my tactic. But otherwise, I did it completely on my own. Let's see how you guys fare!

cool  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Durgress

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:58 pm
Hunh. Though this refered to the bug I have where new posts don't show up unless I manually refresh the page.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:34 am
Rain Yupa
Here's something to keep y'all busy. Thunt from the webcomic Goblins just posted his latest Tempts Fate challenge. For those unawares, its a "side quest" of sorts, as part of a personal fund raiser (since drawing the comic is his source of income), where a goblin faces terrible challenges, and whether he survives or fails depends on donations from the readers. And sometimes, a little extra.

With this latest edition, there's a doorway with a secret password that needs to be spoken by 15 readers via email, or else Tempts Fate cannot pass. I started around 9:30 and finished by 11:30.

http://goblins.keenspot.com/tf9.html

No spoiler answers or tips for anyone! I think I could have figured it out sooner if I did it the original way I planned, but I second guessed myself and changed my tactic. But otherwise, I did it completely on my own. Let's see how you guys fare!

cool
I saw that. don't even know where to start. I fail at puzzles so hard.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:06 am
Whenever I try to look at the the OoC in Coliseum it asks me if I'd like to delete the topic... =S I'm quite worried.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:20 am
Looking through the Bug Reports forum, and though its still speculation... it does appear that posts that get bumped to a next page will be lost to oblivion neutral

Definitely makes me feel like this hiatus is a good idea ._.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:08 pm
Yesh, I have been holding off from posting for now...  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff