Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[Age of Worms] Chapter One: "The Whispering Cairn." Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Deadusernamelol

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:05 am
User Image

For many years now, citizens in Diamond Lake have realized the flowing adventurers that have come through here have been diminishing with time. What was once a bustling trade of gold, gems and riches that flowed through the mark so many years ago has finally died down to a forgotten memory of town wealth. This sad truth is true for many citizens who have come from far and wide in search of adventure and wealth to find nothing but poverty and debt. However, word has begun to spread in the streets and across the road about Free City adventurers who seek treasure in the local cairns and tombs. With these rumours, it wasn't long before it spread to Free City where Adre decided to investigate the matter. Together with the brothers, Bedlam and Mel, she travels to Free City in search of wealth and fortune in Diamond Lake.

Tess, who has been long abused, seeks freedom from her employer, whom she is in debt, and begins to plan on adventuring on her own into the local Cairn's after hearing of the rumours that has been spreading like wild fire in Diamond Lake. Lete, who has been a contact of Balabar, has caught wind of Tess' plan on searching the Cairn and offers his services to the situation but suggests they both seek others who could accompany them.

Beatrice, a local employee for Zalamandra of the local Emporium, has heard these tales of Free City adventurers and sought out more info out of curiosity. Seeking Allustan, a local retired sage whom she has met in the past, she encounters Telbon, apprentice of Allustan, and together they figure it be an interesting idea to venture into the cairns.

With each players fate entwined by webs of fate, will these players band together in a common interest of gold, wealth and riches; or shall they break into factions and find nothing but scraps of old tolls and worthless trinkets.

Welcome to Diamond Lake.

Introduction; Adre, Bedlam and Mel.

It has been a three day journey from Free City to this rotten hellhole of a town. Rats roam the streets, the stench of rotting meat and possible death fill the air, and the unmistakable feeling of eyes watching you as you each step out of the caravan. A truly unnerving town. The caravan has dropped you three off at a location called “Vein Square”, the town centre where it breaks off to four other streets and has some of the most interesting locations in all of Diamond Lake. The Emporium, a place of wondrous mystery and leisure. Feral Dog, a rowdy tavern that houses even the most wild and ruthless thugs. Tidwoad's bank and a temple for St.Cuthbert, are two of the lesser famed areas of this location. Lazarre's, a gambling parlour also resides in this area, though none of you would recognize it as so. It's around this point in time where the question sticks out. “Where do we hire adventurers?”

Introduction; Telbon and Beatrice.

You both have gone through the notes and maps of local areas that Allustan owns for the past day or two with little success until Telbon stumbles upon a map beneath a stack of papers tucked away in a drawer of Allustan's study. The parchment it's drawn on is rather old and ratty with a bit of wear and tear along the edges, though in good enough condition to be usable when needed. Tucked away in a scroll case that was lying around, Telbon now carries one of the few pieces of information available on the Stringenest Cairn. Seeking muscle for your cleaver duo, you both decided to wander into the most ruthless pub in all of Diamond Lake. The Feral Dog, though the question on your minds are, “Who do we hire?”

Introduction; Lete and Tess.

You both have decided to convince together at the Feral Dog to discuss the plans on raiding the cairn. Tess, who despises her employer as he's an evil conniving b*****d, decides to accept Lete's help but also knows for a fact that two people aren't enough for such a venture. Travelling pairs are always a wrong move when adventuring; a sad truth that even Lete knows. Looking around the tavern, you both start to wonder if either of you could find anyone who isn't incompetent and isn't connected to Balabar. But the question that really bothers you both is, “What if Balabar does find out?”

---

(DM's Note: Sorry about suddenly changing the thread to this one, but I've had difficulty trying to link everyone together and a brainstorm over came me to help with the problem. Also as a minor note, sorry if I forced peoples hands or made people do things their character may or may not have done but I figured it be best to fix these things. I hope these changes help things move along a little better and happy roleplaying. Hope to get people posting soon.)  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:15 am
Lete glances around the tavern although he didn't spend much time here in the Feral Dog there still was nary a face he hadn't seen around town before. He leans in and whispers to Tess. "You know this will be tougher then I thought... This town is so viral when it comes to corruption that the moment people spend but a day here they are sucked into some kind of affiliation... Unfortunately for us its usually Balabar..." Lete leans back to his chair and scours the room for any hint of new faces after a moment two new victims come through the doors almost as if on cue. Lete sizes them up as he usually does with most people and all though they weren't much to look at it would be worth it to see what they could bring to the table. And with so little new comers they may be Tess and his only bet for the uncorrupt...

Lete leans back to Tess pointing at the two that just came in the most subtle way he can he again whispers to her. "I wonder if it at all possible that you could go and invite those two there to come join you for a meal I, meanwhile, will be winning some nobles to help pay for the extra company.... There is a dagger throwing game that I have had my eye on.. and the whole town knows how much I hate to gamble... right." He finishes his mocking last words with a smile and not another word or even time for a response as he rises from his seat and makes his way over to the dagger throwing 'game.'

Smiling he looks around. "Anyone up for a game or two? I can't say I have thrown too many daggers in my day but I do love a good challenge and am willing to try my hand for he first time at this game." He laid it on a little thick hoping they would buy it and bite the hook he baited with a decent bet.
He is a rather gaunt and lithe small humanoid doesn't stand out too much given his black leather armor and his black cape it would be safe to assume he blends right in with this rif-raf. Although not strong and only standing three inches over three feet, small for a gnome his age, he seem rather proud and confident in himself. A few blades line the inner workings of his cloak and in sheaths down his armor, his bow slung a crossed his back with it's quiver. His jet black hair gives of a slight sheen from the pony tail down his back as it pops out of the bandanna on his head. His soft blue almost gray eyes are intent and determined like the clam sea before a storm. Despite it all he stands there with a grin on his face.

Archfiend Damio

MT the Clown

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:04 am
Smiling passively, " sweatdrop It's not all that bad. I mean, this is a poor town. At least they test the mines for gas first, protecting the miners. Even if it is just me being sent in first. You mustn't judge too harshly, everyone has to live and life gets harder if the home starts to crumble. Oh? Get who?" Glancing around a bit, "Oh. Yeah sure." Getting up Tess heads towards the door. About halfway, her left leg involuntarily jerks causing her to trip... over a table, stumble and crash directly into the bar just inches from the doorway before falling on her back partially stunned. In other news, no one else was killed or hurt by the incident.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:30 am
User Image"Well, isn't this place just lovely? I bet, with the right sprucing up, it'd be a jolly summer town." Adre rolls her eyes. "Still, coin is coin, and if we can make some, it'd surely do wonders for our esteem, wouldn't you say?

"There's work to be had here, and we're most likely to find it over in that tavern. That's the place adventurers find work, from what I understand." The petite blonde starts moving towards the place, a guisarme hefted onto her shoulder and her long, twin braids flowing out behind her, the bells at their ends jingling in her wake.  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Maxeon X

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:01 pm
Melionysis stuck out his tongue for a split moment as his nostrils were filled with the odors of the area, looking up at his human companion. "It would take much more then that, I'm afraid..." The kobold said with a slight sarcastic undertone. He looked around a little bit, taking in what there was to see, before nodding and looking back towards his brother. <"C'mon, we are going to look for work in that tavern, the-"> Mel pauses for a second to look back and read the sign. <"'Feral Dog'...Be on your toes, brother. Even the name of that place sounds rather unpleasant..."> With that, he began to follow the female towards (and into) the building.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:33 pm
With a snort, Bedlam responds, <"Of course it sounds unpleasant, it was made by humans. This place stinks. Why did we have to come here to look for work?”> With a sigh, and a quick look around, he follows his brother, <”Plus, this place is making Ouran nervous, and you know what a slug he is."> he states with some irritation, gesturing to the rather large snake wrapped around both himself and the haft of a very long spear.  

Jacior

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:55 pm
Jacior
With a snort, Bedlam responds, <"Of course it sounds unpleasant, it was made by humans. This place stinks. Why did we have to come here to look for work?”> With a sigh, and a quick look around, he follows his brother, <”Plus, this place is making Ouran nervous, and you know what a slug he is."> he states with some irritation, gesturing to the rather large snake wrapped around both himself and the haft of a very long spear.

User Image"Gee, thanks, Bed." Adre adjusted the guisarme on her shoulder as she moved through the door to the tavern. "Maybe I should do the talking?"  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:15 pm
"I'd say we hire some one with military training, two if possible" he said surveying the room "A trapfinder would be exqusid" Telebon walked with a practised grace, he knew this place. He frequented it often.

Standing just under six foot, a mop of carfully scruffy blond hair sat on his head. His featered where hard, though with a perk of his mouth, small crow's feat formed under his eyes, laugh lines. His blue yes had a sparcle as he aprised the potental assets. He was giddy at the though of being a hero of the stories he had leard when he was younger.

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:36 pm
Keeping her wits about her, Beatrice really hoped that she wasn't the first one into the bar. Thankfully, this piece was quite true--and as such she strolled carefully in behind her mage companion. They both seemed to know this place well. Of where to and not to step, as well as how to pronounce themselves--at the very least, herself, with an unspoken attitude to not touch her, lest your days turn sour. This, however, never meant that she enjoyed coming here.

"Some definite companionship with those more accustomed to the more... gruesome aspects of traveling would be more than optimal." Her voice barely above the roar of the crowd. "I've also heard tale of those who can restore life with but a touch of their hands. Says it's a gift from the Gods--but they chant all the same. Blasphemous fools."

She stood perhaps less than half a head than he, but with striking blue orbs for her eyes, and blond locks that barely dipped below her shoulders. "Never the less, one of those kinds may be helpful. I hear tales that the land outside of this town isn't exactly caring of the unaware traveler..."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:11 am
"And the land's in this town would be so warning and genorous to someone who stumbled across it?" A small bite in his voice was audiable, his distane for this town.

"A healer would be incredably helpful" He said tapping his temple "I have heard the same storeis of traveling minstrels" he added with a shrug. He kept his eyes up, scanning the crowd

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100

Deadusernamelol

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:54 pm
The Feral Dog is a fair size for a pub. Owned by a grizzly man, named Grovik, and his daughter, Gilwyn. Many miners and locals spend their time on the main floor, drinking and sharing stories; while the more ruthless customers are below. Regulars of The Feral Dog know that downstairs is trouble; with the loud dog barks, violent screams and bellowing cheers. In far north-east corner of the bar, Lete decides to challenge people to a game. In the west corner of the bar, a few feet from the door, Telbon and Beatrice can see Tess fall to their feet. Adre, Bedlam and Mel walk into scene to see the incredible failure on Tess' part.

Story of Lete;

Lete had challenged anyone within the proximity to a well-loved game known as Daggers. The call had been answered by few folk but only one approached him. A man of small stature strolled up to Lete with a smirk, brushing back his light brown curls, while he picked up a seat next to Lete. “Yer lookin' fer a game? I be willin' ta play ye.” He tossed several noble coins on the table. “Fair bet, or t'is to rich fer yer blood?” he mockingly laughed.

Story of Tess, Telbon and Beatrice; + Adre, Bedlam and Mel;

Telbon and Beatrice had entered without problem, grabbing a table, while they searched and scanned the area for someone to join their journey. They had both agreed they could use someone with divine abilities before Tess crashed into a few tables and chairs, ending her little stumble at their feet.

(DM Note: Tess, you've taken 1 non-lethal damage for your amazing incident.)

You three had just stepped through the door into the Feral Dog before hearing a few loud thuds. Tables and chairs had been knocked over or pushed aside when this girl, who was on the floor, had made a tremendous fail. However, you notice she was at the feet of two rather interesting looking individuals; and, despite her fall, she also looked more capable than the rest of drunk miners.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:59 pm
Lete snikers slightly to himself. "A bet it is." He says with an impish grin as he places down a matching amount of silver.
Turning he looks. "Would you be able to supply me with a dagger to play this riviting game? And maybe the rules while your at it?" He says in a sharp tone as to counter his mocking.

Archfiend Damio

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:34 am
User ImageAdre sizes up the room, determining who might be a prospective job lead. Some folks were clearly more out of the ordinary than others, including the attractive lady laying on the floor like she'd failed a half-spring hand leap (Adre did that once and got whipped for it severely...). Well, those folks might be interesting. She directed Bed and Mel towards one of the empty tables near the more interesting characters. "I think they might be a possible lead, so let's check them out for a bit..."  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:12 pm
Disciple of Sakura
User ImageAdre sizes up the room, determining who might be a prospective job lead. Some folks were clearly more out of the ordinary than others, including the attractive lady laying on the floor like she'd failed a half-spring hand leap (Adre did that once and got whipped for it severely...). Well, those folks might be interesting. She directed Bed and Mel towards one of the empty tables near the more interesting characters. "I think they might be a possible lead, so let's check them out for a bit..."

<Draconic> <"You think they could be a lead? The one on the floor seems more likely to kill herself walking down the street than to possibly be a lead to anything of even miniscule value."> By this time Bedlam had managed to crawl into one of the "oversized" seats and was staring incredulously at the girl lying on the floor. Whispering to Mel, <"I am beginning to think that we have no idea what we are getting ourselves into by following this girl around. I certainly hope that she doesn't end up getting us killed."> With that being said Bedlam sits down and actually tries to see what Adre manages to see in these strange humans, absentmindly stroking the snake's head in the meanwhile.  

Jacior

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:48 am
Jacior
<Draconic> <"You think they could be a lead? The one on the floor seems more likely to kill herself walking down the street than to possibly be a lead to anything of even miniscule value."> By this time Bedlam had managed to crawl into one of the "oversized" seats and was staring incredulously at the girl lying on the floor. Whispering to Mel, <"I am beginning to think that we have no idea what we are getting ourselves into by following this girl around. I certainly hope that she doesn't end up getting us killed."> With that being said Bedlam sits down and actually tries to see what Adre manages to see in these strange humans, absentmindly stroking the snake's head in the meanwhile.

User Image"Now, Bed, just because someone's fallen down doesn't mean they don't know where adventure is. Look around this room. The rest of the people here are dressed as work-a-day miners or tradesmen... They wouldn't know how to find adventure if it bit 'em in the a**. Those guys over there, though... They're dressed far too, let's say, ostentatiously for them to be 'normal' folk. If they aren't a lead, they might lead to a lead.

"Oh, and I certainly hope I don't end up getting us killed, too."
wink  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas