Get one anyway?
  sure why not
  no way >=O
View Results

Sailor Chariklo
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:42 pm
click here for image

A small article i found on moon chase while browsing for new information relating to the re-release of the anime.
Would you purchase these sailor moon knockoffs anyway?

After putting those reports together, my friend took me away from my work for some "retail therapy". One of our stops was a local independent comics and anime store, and what should I find there, but a hanging column of foot-tall Sailor Moon plushies. I looked and wondered, are these actually real? But then I noticed the flower brooch and the boots were all wrong. I picked one up, looked at the tags, and saw that it was indeed a fake without any of the usual trademarks or copyrights one would expect to see on Sailor Moon merchandise. This plush, is also being sold on Amazon. What is even worse, is that 2 other comic stores (all owned by different people) within a few blocks were carrying plushies by the same company, and were not carrying legitimate ones (or if they did, they made up less than 10% of their plushies stock). The name of the company is F W and you will also see "Made in China" written somewhere on the tush tags. We know that times are tough, but we think it's a better investment for stores to purchase legitimate merchandise for the Holiday season rather than purchasing knockoffs. Be on the lookout for these plushies Moonies, and do not purchase them!  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:20 pm
I think....that they are actually selling those at the comic store here.

Tsk tsk.
Though I must admit, if they had a neptune one I would be inclined to buy it.
Michiru <3 how I love you.

Though really, if it's a knock off it probably wouldn't do her justice.

“Guardian of the Gate of Death, I’m searching for the New World”

Sailor Chiron
Captain

Distinct Genius

3,300 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250

Nariana

Hygienic Genius

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:10 pm
Well...Other than the mangas and scout guides, I have no Sailor Moon merchandise. So...maybe I would buy one. They don't look that great, but they don't look that bad. =/  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:13 pm
Depends on how much they cost. If they're affordable, I wouldn't mind. They look close enough to the real deal.

There's not much difference in making one yourself, or having a friend make it, or commissioning an amateur to make one, and I'm okay with that. c:

GreenInkling

Salty Sweetheart

Faerie

Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:18 pm
GreenInkling
Depends on how much they cost. If they're affordable, I wouldn't mind. They look close enough to the real deal.

There's not much difference in making one yourself, or having a friend make it, or commissioning an amateur to make one, and I'm okay with that. c:

I agree 3nodding

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:09 am
Those are the worst. I actually saw a similar/same plushie at my local bookstore.  

Ritsu__x

6,150 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Beta Consumer 0
The Galaxy Cauldron

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items