Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[Xmas '09 Contest] -- Race to the North -- Pick Your Prizes! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
NayrVentess rolled 2 20-sided dice: 10, 13 Total: 23 (2-40)

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:32 am
Challenge 35 roll (dex) +4

Challenge 37 roll (cha) +2

YESSSSS! WOOOO!! I got just enough movement, and a thirteen was the minimum I needed to beat Ol' Nick, yay!!! xd  
Rain Yupa rolled 2 6-sided dice: 4, 1 Total: 5 (2-12)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:43 pm
@ Nayr: Wait, your only motivation was to beat me? confused The only reason I'm getting a Turn 24 on a Monday is cause Reev hasn't updated yet sweatdrop

TURN 24

Race: Dwarf
Class: Fighter
Ability Scores: (16 Str, 8 Dex, 20 Con, 10 Int, 14 Wis, 10 Cha)

Ability: Used on 21, Recharges 25
Movement: 5W
Attribute: #35, Wis; #37, Con
Result: #35: 5; #37, 23
Forced Back: #35, 3E; #37; 0!

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa rolled 2 20-sided dice: 3, 18 Total: 21 (2-40)

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:45 pm
CHALLENGE #35

+2 Wis

CHALLENGE #37

+5 COOOONNNNNN!!!!! scream  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:02 pm
Yeah...

I got distracted with my IRC game last night and ended up forgetting to post, though I do have to say that them playing with a Deck of Many Things was.. rather amusing. It certainly did point out which of my players had the worst luck though (poor guy drew Euryale, then Talons, then Knight... another got Key, and the third got Fates twice, and Gem)

Anyway. Turn 25 (final turn) will be gin in 3 hours (give or take), and will last through the 6th.

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:34 pm
Deck of Many Things causes the most emoness out of my entire gaming group, and it only needs to get MENTIONED.

I've had it save the multiverse, for the sole purpose of it granting me a 4th level Fighter's services.

Don't worry about me :3  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:46 pm
Mmkay... I think I'm going to actually end the contest here. It isn't possible for anyone to pass Rain, and everyone else who are close to passing each other haven't posted in over a week! >.> And I'm pretty sure Rain will cross the finish for Turn 25 anyway. :]

So. Please post what prize you would like (since I said I would be giving out the rest based on positions on the final turn, whether you reached the finish or not). If there are people ahead if you, please have a second/third/fourth (or however far back you are) choice ready.

I'll give everyone say... two weeks to pick prizes (seems a fair amount of time). After that, I'll return any gold to the donator (Jester of Equilibrium) and hang onto the rest for future contests.

Any opinions on the contest are welcome (aside from saying how I suck cause I missed updates quite a few times and was late with others. ;p)

So. Here is the final positions:

NayrVentess (7th)
Rain Yupa (8th)
Rock_DS (9th)
Shingami Hiroshi (10th)
Dragon Highlord Flambe (11th)
[EC2] Carthinator (12th)
Oshi The Killer (13th)
Raganui Minamoto (14th)
JinKazemaru (15th)
authority_lex (15th)

Here are the remaining prizes:

• [x3] Enchanted Wooden Trunk
  • [x3] Brown Giftbox
  • Thank You Letter For November 2009 [ Nabbed by: Seph Baelzara (6th Place) ]
  • Thank You Letter For November 2009 [ Nabbed by: joe-dude667 (5th Place) ]
  • Thank You Letter for December 2009 [ Nabbed by: iDragow (4th Place) ]
  • Thank You Letter for December 2009 [ Nabbed by: Insanity Logic (2nd Place) ]
  • Gold Sack [100,000] [ Nabbed by: Vorastrix (1st Place) ]
  • Gold Sack [50,000] [ Nabbed by: bamaotaku (3rd Place) ]
  • Gold Sack [25,000]
  • Gold Sack [20,000]
  • Gold Sack [10,000]
  • Gold Sack [10,000]
  • Gold Sack [10,000]

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:58 pm
I'll take the highest amount of gold available after Nayr picks. But for lulz, can I make my rolls anyways? I predict I'll be stopped ON St. Nick's doorstep sweatdrop

As for opinions, I don't particularly like the "move as far back east as you have spaces remaining" thing. If someone started one space before a Challenge, rolled Box Cars and a natural 1, they risk moving 11 spaces in the wrong direction, compared to someone who might have rolled snake eyes. Basically, punishing whomever gets the better rolls.

The only way the move-back-your-excess spaces thing would work is if we gambled on how far to move. IE, we can opt to roll 1, 2, or 3d6s, and we move back a number of spaces equal to 3x our # of dice if we fail? Something along those lines.

I think "push back a space and your move ends immediately" would be more suitable to such a game 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:00 pm
I'll keep that in mind for the future, though I'm not sure if I will be running something like this again (unless I have a co-host xD).

Feel free to roll. ;p

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

Rain Yupa rolled 2 6-sided dice: 4, 1 Total: 5 (2-12)

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:33 pm
YUPA SMASH BULL RUSH!

EDIT: I -just- rolled that confused Talk about unoriginality.  
Rain Yupa rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:36 pm
Let me guess. Natural 20, just so I can undoubtedly finish 1 space before the finish line?

Pass, but I actually feel better that it's NOT a 20 sweatdrop  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:11 am
I'll take the highest gold after everyone above me =3

Not too shabby considering I missed a ton of days at the start and at the end XD

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:19 am
I would advise an attack option, although I'm not sure how it could be implemented. Maybe all classes start with 10 AC, and you add your Dex mod to it. And attack would be a d20+highest mod, maybe?

If you beat the AC, then the guy you attacked is forced back 1 space, and if you don't then you are forced back 1, maybe? I dunno, just sounded fun to see everyone beating up everyone else. mrgreen  

iDragow

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:25 am
I am still waiting on Nayr to get back to me. Just to keep everyone up to date.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:07 pm
Sorry guys, haven't been on ye ol' internet in a while. :O shock I know razz

I'll take the 25,000 gold please

Good game Reev, although I agree with the comment on being pushed back the rest of your movement to be a bit naff, I got caught out a few times with that. Other than that, great!  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:05 pm
Righty-o.

I will try to get prizes out in a timely fashion, however, I'm not feeling too well today so it may not be until tomorrow that trades start going out.

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff