Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[D20 Modern] Hero from the Sky (Advanced Class) -- >.>

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:25 pm
Hero from the Sky
D20 Modern Advanced Class

[Foreword: I have no idea when I made this class, but as I was looking for something on my computer I stumbled across it.

Out of sheer curiousity, I figured I'd throw it out there to see if someone can maybe get a laugh out of it. If you want to use it, and your DM allows it? By all means...

I don't think ti is complete, since I don't remember ever completing it but I figured I'd throw it out there anyway. It also may be a little... over-the-top.

Feel free to comment. >.>

And if you don't get the huge glaring reference, then send me a PM letting me know.. so I can lecture you for missing out on a great movie. ... /Joking, I'll more likely hit you. ;D ]

Requirements
To qualify to become a Hero from the Sky, a character must fulfill the following criteria.

Base Attack Bonus: +2.
Skill: Bluff 6 ranks, Craft (Chemical) 4 ranks, Craft (Mechanical) 4 ranks, Diplomacy 4 ranks, Drive 6 ranks, Profession (Store Clerk) 1 rank.
Feat: Personal Firearms Proficiency, Weapon Focus (Any shotgun), Chainsaw Proficiency
Special: Must have removed your right hand at the wrist

Class Information

Hit Die: 1d10
Action Points: 8 + one-half character level, rounded down, every time the character attains a new level in this class.

Class Skills
The Hero from the Sky's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are:

Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Craft (Chemical) (Int), Craft (Mechanical) (Int), Demolitions (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Drive (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (Business, Tactics, Technology) (Int), Profession (Wis), Repair (Int), Swim (Str).

Skill Points at Each Level: 3 + Int modifier.

Table: The Hero from the Sky
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Class | Base Attack | Fort | Ref | Will | Defense | Reputation | |
| Level | Bonus | Save | Save | Save | Bonus | Bonus | Class Features |
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 1st | +1 | +1 | +0 | +1 | +1 | +1 | Hand Graft, Quick Reload
| 2nd | +2 | +2 | +0 | +2 | +2 | +1 | Smart Shopper, B-Movie Crafter
| 3rd | +3 | +2 | +1 | +2 | +2 | +1 | Awesome One-Liner, Weapon Focus (Chainsaw)
| 4th | +4 | +2 | +1 | +2 | +3 | +2 | Shotgun in the Face
| 5th | +5 | +3 | +1 | +3 | +4 | +2 | Surpreme Specialization
| 6th | +6 / +1 | +3 | +2 | +3 | +4 | +2 |
| 7th | +7 / +2 | +4 | +2 | +4 | +5 | +3 | Awesome One-Liner
| 8th | +8 / +3 | +4 | +2 | +4 | +6 | +3 |
| 9th | +9 / +4 | +4 | +3 | +4 | +6 | +3 | Deathmobile
| 10th | +10 / +5 | +5 | +3 | +5 | +7 | +4 | Hail to the King

Weapons and Armor Proficiency: The Hero from the Sky gains no additional proficiencies.

Hand Graft (Ex): A Hero from the Sky has trouble being a hero without a second hand, and thus is able to select when taking a level of this class to create a Chainsaw graft or a Mechanical Hand graft. A graft is a replacement hand. If you select Chainsaw, you may later change when you attain a new level to a hand graft, however, you cannot change from a mechanical hand graft to a chainsaw graft (but you can wield a chainsaw in that hand).

Mechanical Hand: Creating a mechanical hand requires 1 day, and costs 1 point of wealth bonus. The created hand is gas-powered, and needs to be changed every two days of use. This otherwise functions as a normal hand.

Chainsaw: Creating a chainsaw graft requires 1 hour of work, and costs only the price of some metal and a chainsaw. The created graft functions exactly as if you were wielding a weapon in that hand, only it cannot be dropped. If it is destroyed, it needs to be replaced, or repaired.

Quick Reload: At 1st level, a Hero from the Sky gains Quick Reload, as the feat. This only applies to shotguns.

Smart Shopper: At 2nd level, a Hero from the Sky becomes a smarter shopper than others for shopping at S-Mart, and thus takes 10% less time to find items. They also gain a +1 bonus on wealth checks to purchase items.

B-Movie Crafter: At 2nd level, a Hero from the Sky becomes adept at creating materials in record time, just like heroes in B-Movies. He takes 10% less time to craft any mechanical, or chemical item (including ammunition).

Awesome One-Liner (Ex): At 3rd and 7th level, a Hero from the Sky may coin a one-line phrase that reeks of sheer awesome. Once per day, per line, he may use this line after defeating a foe to increase his, and his allies' talents and morale. Allies within 30 feet gain a +2 morale bonus on attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, and skill checks for 1 hour. The Hero from the Sky gains a +4 morale bonus on attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, and skill checks for 2 hours.

At 7th level, this bonus granted by the first line improves by +1 for the Hero's allies, and +2 for himself. The second line gains no additional bonus.

Example One-Liners: "Hail to the King, Baby." and "Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun."

Weapon Focus (Chainsaw): At 3rd level, a Hero from the Sky gains Weapon Focus (Chainsaw), as the feat.

Shotgun to the Face: At 4th level, a Hero from the Sky can deliver especially devastating attacks with his shotgun. When within 5 feet of an opponent, wielding a shotgun with ammo loaded, he may attempt an automatic critical hit with the shotgun by expending 1 action point. A critical hit from this attack gains an increased damage multiplier of +1.

A Hero from the Sky may use this ability a number of times per day equal to half his class levels.

Supreme Specialization: At 5th level, the Hero from the Sky gains Weapon Specialization for both the chainsaw, and the shotgun he selected his focus in.

Deathmobile: At 9th level, a Hero from the Sky may create a deathmobile by using nearby parts and an oldsmobile. Doing so takes 3 days, and costs 2 wealth bonus plus the cost of the oldsmobile. When finished, the Hero from the Sky has an oldsmobile with a giant spinning blade mounted on the front, with a seat on the roof for him to drive it with. This spinning blade deals 10d6 damage per round that an enemy is exposed to it. Damage reduction cannot reduce this damage, and no save is allowed for creatures caught in the blades. A reflex save (DC equal to a drive check by the Hero from the Sky) can avoid the attack altogether, and the defender is pushed 5 feet to the side of the deathmobile.

Hail to the King (Ex): A 10th level Hero from the Sky becomes the ultimate hero. 3 times per day, they may execute an attack that really shows they are the King. When equipped with both a shotgun, and a chainsaw, a Hero from the Sky may make a single attack with both weapons as a standard action. This attack is at the Hero's full attack bonus, and receives no penalties nor does it provoke attacks of opportunity. The shotgun must have enough ammo loaded for the number of attacks you can do with it, or else this attack doesn't work and is wasted. Any creature within 30 feet of the creature being struck with this attack (and the creature itself), must also make a will save against fear (DC equal to 10 + the Hero from the Sky's class level, + his CHarisma Modifier) or be forced to flee in terror at the sight of this awesome. Creatures normally immune to fear are not immune to this effect - the King scares all creatures equally.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:10 am
Haha, This is probably the single coolest class in any roleplaying game XD  

Shingami Hiroshi

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:45 am
Ash my friend. You even infilatate D&D with epic-ness

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:42 am
That was totally not the sort of replies I was expecting. xD. But yeah - he does, doesn't he?  

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:14 am
I remember him fighting his own hand in the movie XD I only saw part of it years ago. Though he did make a kick a** appirance in Marve Zombies. Was a great set of stories XD

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:07 am
This is nothing less than Epic Fail, I'd rather have gremlins made into a racial template than have someone make him into a class and I saw a movie a few years back can't remember it's name he was in this shack at the start and then got sucked back into medieval times and they all thought he was some kind of knight or something......now Gremlins THAT'S EPIC WIN smile  

CottonCandyDragon

5,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Shingami Hiroshi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:00 am
*GASP* You speak blasphemy sir! The army of darkness of the evil dead trilogy is nothing short of one of the greatest movies of all time. On par with the holy grail -_- <--(stuck up nerd look)  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:56 am
Velvet. I would advise running D<

Army of Darkness is so damned good. Even though I've only seen chunks. I really should download the movies XD

We are the knights who say Niiii

Or my personal fave Monty Python line "He's not the mesiha, he's a very naughty boy"

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items