Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Checking Interest: snow campaign "Ragnarok" 3.5 d&d Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shingami Hiroshi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:56 am
This is something of a response to the winter based game idea thread, I thought I would try my hand see if I could create one you guys may be interested in.

A word of warning before we start, my dming experience is some what limited. While I have played the DM before, the sessions have been realitively short and this is my first attempt online. I have a fairly good grip on the rules though and if you feel you are willing to give me the chance I will be happy to try and DM this campaign for you.

RAGNAROK

Yggdrasil is dying, and the end is nigh. The dying world tree is blanketed in white snow who's freezing touch is felt on all nine realms. It is the end of time, and all know it. Ragnarok has arrived. The order of the universe unnerves and breaks under the emminent presence of death. Man seeking refuge in the halls of Valhalla make war with no rhyme or reason, slaughtering both foe and friend alike in a desperate bid to earn their place in the after life. Others, with no desire to invest in life after death run rampant with fullfilling their selfish base desires. The madness effects all races, as the dwarves grow paranoid, the elves indulge in mass suicides, the giants and other monsters raid and rape with no restraint, and even the gods themselves forsake their sanity to fear of the coming end. As the champion of your people you have been cursed with no other man being able to best you and give you your glorified warrior's death. When the Valkarie present themselves to you, you belive you have finally earned your just rewards, but are instead charged with a grim task. The gods are no longer trustable with ensuring fate plays out as it must, it falls on your shoulders to break the chain of fenrir and bring about the final stage of ragnarok. You are tasked to destroy the world.

Synopsis: A 3.5 d&d game that takes place in the snow and has a rough theme around Norse mythology. The story will take place around you, heroes and champions tasked with destroying the world. I thought it gave a nice twist to what heroes usually do, rather than preventing the end of the world, you are trying to make it come sooner in order to mercifully end it all. I will probably start you guys off level 10, as you guys are already heroes with stories being sung of your deeds and the task layed before you will require the toughest of champions. Though if for what ever reason the party would exceed six players, I may lower the level down to 8. I will probably run the story with solid begining and final destination, filling the everything in between with interesting stand alone quests, rather than try to fit eveything into a single flowing quest. I may also make some home brew content in order to make some monsters more friendly to the mythology and setting as well as create make shift gods which you may put out of their misery. Though any deviations from the rules I may display in a thread for you to protest if you find anything unreasonable. Just checking interest now and will flesh out more info if enough people find this game to their liking.

I am just going to put some basic character creation info up so you can begin to get an idea of your character. I will give the details of character creation tomorrow and begin asking Reevinja for a subforum.

Here is a list of books I have availble: PHB, DMG, DMG 2, MM 1-4 (1 & 2 are 3.0 though -_-), Complete Warrior, Complete Arcane, Complete Adventuer, Complete Devine, Races of stone, Races of wild, Races of Eberron, Frostburn, Sandstorm, Stormwrack, Planar handbook, Lords of madness, Magic of Incarnum, Spell Compendium, FR Shining south.

I also got Heroes of Battle, Savage species, Psionic handbook, Monsters of Faerun. However these books are all 3.0. But if you find something that interests you, we can update as needs be.

I don't want to limit you based on my libary, so if you can present me detailed information on what ever class or item outside these books you desire, I am more than willing to give it a look over and give you the thumbs up.

(NEW)

1: Rock DS
2: Synyster pope
3: Bamotaku - pending on books
4: Gan-kun
5: Joe-dude
6: Deorai Winterblade
7: Yurro - pending on books
8: Krahken

9: MT the Clown

It looks like the popular opion is the 8th lvl, 8 party. Sorry MT, you just missed the cut however if a spot opens up I will first see if you are interested in filling the spot before taking any other recruiting measure.

Character creation rules:

ECL: 8th (28,000 xp)
Gold: 27,000 Gp
Hp: Max Hp, any further levels gained will be rolled as usual.
Ability Scores*: 36 point buy OR 4d6, drop the lowest, 7 times.
xxxxxxxxxx* If you roll, you cannot choose point-buy. If you roll and get no score above 13, or a total modifier of +1 or less (after dropping the lowest roll) you may re-roll. (Ability score rules courtesy of Revinja)
Alignments: Any, so long as you can make it work with the party, the setting, and the story.
Pantheon: Norse Mythology. I belive there is a book with the statistics of real mythological gods, however I don't have it. If you are playing a divine class just send me a PM and we will set up home brew statistics (favored weapon, alighnment, domains, etc.).
Backgrounds: optional, 800 xp bonus if one is written (minimum a paragragh). An idea I liked from Revinja that I thought I would add as well.

Quick notes: Please label where you got anything outside the core rule books in your character sheet, or an accompanying post or Pm.
Also keep in mind that there is a rough theme of Norse mythology. While you are free to pursue whatever path you desire, try to give alittle nordic twist to anything that would seem out of place in the setting.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:05 am
Hell yea =3

This sounds like a good idea right off the bat. I'm sure you'll fill up quickly.

I'm hoping to play an Artificer going on to a Gnome Artificer

But I'm sure I could come up with somthing fun reguardless =D

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100

Synyster Pope

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:07 am
I am certainly interested. This sounds freaking awesome. What books are we limited to?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:05 am
It certainly does sound interesting, Norse mythology is always a fun topic. I'll need to know what the parameters for character creation are before I commit though (what races/classes/books/etc are or aren't allowed).  

bamaotaku
Crew

Oshi the Killer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:24 am
Same here.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:13 am
I could TRY to play into this, but I have no idea how I'd do. I might PM you actually. smile I have an idea.  

umbarildododa

Oshi the Killer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:15 pm
I just read that we are starting at 10 level so I'll pass. I'm a big fan of low level games.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:16 pm
I HAVE to get in on this game. Sounds well fun. >.< I'm thinking some form of Human Barbarian build, have to have a little look at Complete Warrior for some fitting prestige's.  

joe-dude667

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:22 pm
Know what? Throw the Gnome Artificer out the window. If we are gonna do some wreaking I'm going to be a druid based around some crazy Wild Shaping =D

Someone call Godzilla. I want a word with him >_>

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:03 pm
Count me in! Not sure what I'll be, but expect something melee orientated.  

Deorai Winterblade

Yurro

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:50 pm
I've always been interested in a winter-themed game, just because its different. Not sure what I'll be if I do get to join. I'll have to wait and see whats allowed.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:59 pm
If theres a spot left open i'll take it but if other people want to play ill let  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

bamaotaku
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:30 pm
If I played, I'd probably go with some sort of arcane caster...not sure what kind though.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:23 pm
*waves hand* I'm totally stressing out with school! I NEED AN ESCAPE!!  

MT the Clown

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:35 pm
I may go TrueNamer =/ I'm really fluctuating now XD I've got the arcatypes sorted in my other games. So I'm wanting to play somthing a little mental =0

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff