Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Idea for Campaign Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

umbarildododa

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:28 pm
Since the Christmas season is upcoming, I just wondered if anybody else was in the mood for a winter flavored world setting. I don't really care what it would be about- the tattered remnants of an old northern empire falling entire apart, small villages trying to survive a particularly bad winter, a brood of white dragons coming to the surface- the plotline doesn't so much interest me as does the setting.

Keep in mind I cannot DM, just bringing this up as an idea.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:44 pm
well if we really wanted to we could try a winter survival contest but generally with the amount of members who might want to play just to get a friggin prize (SERIOUSLY people just popped up out of nowhere just to do a roll off for a contest and we haven't seen them since) so practicality wise a guild wide game isnt completely viable the best ive seen is the coliseum but we already have one of those.
But yes something festive to play with would be nice  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:06 pm
I'd offer to do this if I wasn't running so many games as it is. Sounds like it could be amusing.

However, I already have the Christmas contest mostly setup. Aside from maybe a little help ironing out some more of the details, I doubt the overall concept I have will be changed much, if at all. And like I've said previously, there will be prizes involved again which I'm also still ironing out.

@Krahken: Only 2 or 3 people whom I haven't seen before entered the contest, and including those 2 or 3 people, only about 5 people disappeared after while the rest are all involved with one game or another. Out of 34-some people.. 5 or so isn't really a significant amount, so I'm not sure what there is to be bothered over.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:44 pm
-.- I'm not sure either of you understand what I meant. Let me rephrase.

I do not mean for something Guild Wide, or even for a contest. I just mean that I would like to have a change of scene- one for winter, you see. A winter themed world where a campaign of any type takes place. That's all I mean.  

umbarildododa

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:50 pm
Oh, I understand what you meant - I just had nothing else to add beyond my first line. ;p

The second two were really directed more toward krahken and the thought of a contest.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:56 pm
Ah, alright then.  

umbarildododa

MT the Clown

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:06 pm
Hmm. If we can get a few DEDICATED players, I don't see why I can't pull a few/craft a winter/Chrismas-y game.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:24 pm
I got the frostburn book about artic settings and have been meaning to give DMing a try. If I can think of anything interesting I may run a check interest thread for something that takes place in the snow or what not...  

Shingami Hiroshi

authority_lex

2,100 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:39 pm
Oh, I really like that idea. A snowy setting would be a fun change for once. I hope something comes out of it.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:34 am
User Image
I'd give it a try =D

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100

CottonCandyDragon

5,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:57 am
Especially if the Snowy setting wasn't centered on one plane.
basically Have Eberron in a post-apocalyptic snow setting, Faerun in similar conditions, along with any original or canon worlds that one desires.
personally I take notes on cosmology when I play games so with my characters I can keep a sorta recording of their life, like I prefer to restart my characters over, keeping a detailed character background for them of their previous adventures on certain planes/worlds.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:15 am
I've always been a huge fan of winter and cold orientated things, so if I have the necessary access and time, I'd love to join in.  

Deorai Winterblade

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:25 am
Eberron and Faerun both have arctic areas that wouldn't require any type of apocalypse. Eberron's is even explicitly titled the Frostfell, although survival there is about as astonishing as the Real World first expeditions to the North Pole.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:34 pm
Arc Vembris
Eberron and Faerun both have arctic areas that wouldn't require any type of apocalypse. Eberron's is even explicitly titled the Frostfell, although survival there is about as astonishing as the Real World first expeditions to the North Pole.

way to be a fun-killer Arc.....
*sulks*  

CottonCandyDragon

5,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

MT the Clown

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:35 pm
On an interesting note, a Dragon Magazine I had on back order arrived today. It has 4-5 undead based around frosty areas. twisted  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff