Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Newb Alert! D: *hides* Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

umbarildododa

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:26 am
Hiya. I'm a newbie to the game. My friends back home (I'm at college) are getting into 4e, and I decided to try that. I bought the players books, and I'm returning them tomorrow. I don't like the system at all.

But I do like 3.5e. smile Love it. I've got those ordered on Amazon.

The leader of this great guild is helping me learn bit by bit (THANKS! biggrin ) and hopefully, soon I'll be ready to join in on the PBP action. Dunno when, but soon. ^^

I love the sorceror class, regardless of my character background. It's a lazy wizard, what's not to love? biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:07 am
Lol, welcome to the guild and glad to see you're getting plenty of help right away. We're all glad to have you and look forward to seeing what you've got once you start playing.  

bamaotaku
Crew

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:13 am
The newbmuffin is hiding, GET HIM O_O

Hope you enjoy the guild =D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:53 am
*sniff sniff* Still got that new player smell. twisted This will be fun.

Welcome and enjoy your stay.  

MT the Clown

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:37 pm
Gan-kun
I love the sorceror class, regardless of my character background. It's a lazy wizard, what's not to love? biggrin

QFT.

Sorcerers = Love.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:40 am
Gan-kun

Oi!!! watch your tongue newb.

Sorcs are not lazy, they are naturally talented. If anything Wizards are cheaters, like people who read the strategy guide before beating the game.  

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

umbarildododa

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:35 pm
Vorastrix
Gan-kun

Sorcs are not lazy, they are naturally talented. If anything Wizards are cheaters, like people who read the strategy guide before beating the game.

Oh, quiet. Naturally talented people are much more likely to be lazy than people without it. That's just accepted fact.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:48 pm
*raises finger in rebuttal...then shrugs complacently finding none....  

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:04 am
He really did get ya there. Hmm. Any way, welcome.

Hope that you have fun.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:04 am
MT the Clown
*sniff sniff* Still got that new player smell. twisted This will be fun.

Welcome and enjoy your stay.

Why is it the smell of a new player always makes me hungry?  

Chyrson Katama

Dapper Prophet

glitterboypilot

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:31 pm
Gan-kun
Vorastrix
Gan-kun

Oh, quiet. Naturally talented people are much more likely to be lazy than people without it. That's just accepted fact.

Not true, Naturally talented people have it much harder than, who learn from a teacher.

Wizards have to many skills and the ability to pull off more spells for different problems.... Oh we are going to fight a horde of goblins today. I have to prepare two.... no three fireball spells.

Sorcerers... Wait.....I CAN'T PREPARE SPELLS.... Summon monsters don't fail me now.

That is why I like multi-classing the two cool

We could argue points until dawn, But I would grow bored and let you win.

So, Welcome to the guild...  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:29 am
glitterboypolit
Gan-kun
Vorastrix
Gan-kun

Not true, Naturally talented people have it much harder than, who learn from a teacher.

Wizards have to many skills and the ability to pull off more spells for different problems.... Oh we are going to fight a horde of goblins today. I have to prepare two.... no three fireball spells.

Sorcerers... Wait.....I CAN'T PREPARE SPELLS.... Summon monsters don't fail me now.

That is why I like multi-classing the two cool

We could argue points until dawn, But I would grow bored and let you win.

So, Welcome to the guild...

<.< (necro-posting FTW)

But what if you DON'T KNOW your going to be battling a horde of goblins today?  

The Dungeon Master 185

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:50 am
Wands dont fail me now =D

I guess thats the advantage. Sorc's can have their guns and stick to them, while wizards can be compleat buggers if they have a day or so to plan there spells.

A wizard can pick a bad selection of spells for an encounter and hopfully survive and change out later.

Sorc's have a bad spell selection for an encounter, well thats preaty much them

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:53 pm
That's why you tend not to choose extremely situational spells no matter which class you are. sweatdrop  

bamaotaku
Crew

Liocious

Interesting Gaian

4,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:06 pm
well if you ever decide to create a campaign tell me and ill join you im usually a drow ranger/scout named Liocious Draven  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff