Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
D20 BESM (Update 12/3 Game type chosen) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:02 pm
seeing as i'm new to the system, i have no problem with that....

though, i'm not to sure if i'm a fan of the way ability scores are gained in this way...it seems it doesn't really leave room for abilities...then again, it makes sense, but either i have low stats, or no abilities...other then those granted by class  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:58 am
my stats alone are over 40

Ok, probably really not.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:07 am
Using 50 points, here's my guy

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=170166

If you lower it... I can get it to 44 easily enough.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:41 am
I have a question about something that doesn't immediately apply, but will for me at second level. When I get a rank to an attribute through leveling, how do i determine how may CP it costs, (for instance Flunky can cost 1 or 2)  

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

Archfiend Damio

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:45 am
Ok so I see where you are coming from with this I had the same question my self.... and the answer is... its my call no where in all the book does it explain it or even really shed light on it the most is in class intro portion when it makes a mention that classes gain specific attributes at +1 rank.

SO as such here is how I am going to run it. IF you have the points at the time you my upgrade it by paying the difference with CP to the 2/rank slot. OR you can wait until you gain another 'rank' for it from your class and trade it for upgrading your current 1/rank to a 2/rank flunky(in your case.) This goes with other things granted from classes as well that function the same. Note that if you have already 2/Rank Flunkies this ads a +1 rank of the lowest kind unless you spend points to increase it.
For exaple. John is a Tech Genius, he bought Rank 1 flunkies at 2 points/Rank at creation for is robotic helper so that it may assist in combat if need be. He later gains flunkies at +1 at level 2, but does not have the CP point to add the rank up for his flunky attribute. He then has two choices. Coice on gain the atribute a gain for flunkies. this time at a Rank 1 at 1 Point/Rank different from the one he started play with. OR he may invest that point into his current flunkies attribute. This will not increase the rank or change anything until he gains level 6 when he gains another +1 he may then increase his Rank 1 at 2 point/Rank flunky atribbute to Rank 2 at 2 point/Rank.

So in your case you gain flunkies at level 2 assuming you don't have anything in it right and no extra points to spend, you gain Rank 1 at 1/rank type flunky. Later at level 6 you gain flunkies +1 again. You can now chose to place it as a +1 rank giving you a Rank 2 at 1/rank type flunky OR you can increase your current flunky to a Rank 1 at 2/Rank type flunky.
Alternitively if you had a rank in it or had points to dump into it you could use them right then (or increase your existing one) in the same manner.

(Note that things that are 1/rank or 3/rank but only supply you with +1 per each time you do it. will take you two times of gaining that before it reaches what you need.
For exaple: The attribute you gain at a +1 you later gain it again with that class and insead of increasing it to rank 2 you increase it to 2/rank 'slot' at rank 1, although this power doesn't have one... for now it still functions like a 1/rank of its type until you pay to change it (spending one more CP) or you wait until your class gives you another +1 rank and exchange it for 3/rank at rank 1.

Let me know if anyone disagrees or has conserns with with this method. I believe its a fair way of doing it and it keeps balnce to both the players and NPCs. And sense its not specified anywhere I astablished this rule a while back when I first started running this system.
If anyone doesn't understand this please let me know. I will walk you through it I can also help on Character creation if need be as well although people seem to be getting a grip on things rather fast.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:59 pm
am i allowed for my race to be 'Alien' and I can make up the characteristics for it using the point system?  

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:20 pm
How would you handle Armour?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:37 pm
Armor in your case would run how it is supposed to in your case you gain armor at the highest because the only way to lower it is to limit it... now if you were to limit it I would think that constitues 'back pay' meaning if you want your armor to be partial because it fits the character more... then you can gain the 2 CPs that would be wasted because you did that... infact you can even use them to help achive the next rank at the 2 point per rank level.

Understnad? Does anyone have a problem with these supelemted rules.

Vora: PM me your throghts and race skeleton and I will add or modify if nessisary but I am sure we can roll with it. Just know if I approve it I will have to let others know the stats and things. This is to be fair they have the right to play that as well. Let me know if this is ok.  

Archfiend Damio

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:56 pm
I'd rather take full, being robot and all.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:55 pm
is there a list of features in the book somewhere other then what is listed under the features attribute?  

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

Archfiend Damio

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:08 pm
In D20 mech it could list a few it should be connected to the book in PDF form.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:12 pm
Just think of what's useful, but sorta mundane. Like my guy has 'headlights' and 'mounting spikes'. The lights are basically internal flashlights right over his eyes and the spikes are heavy pointed shafts that are driven into whatever his feet are standing on, then sprout hooks to grab it and keep him mounted.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Archfiend Damio

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:32 pm
He made himself a glitterboy ^_^  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:44 pm
>.> He's not shiny though.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:36 pm