Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
D20 BESM (Update 12/3 Game type chosen) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Archfiend Damio

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:31 am
Alright the public has chosen and this will be a Wasteland game please if you have the chance let me know if you are still intreasted and character options will be displayed below.

~I Need a Hero~

Alright if you can't tell it take place in a modern/near future type. You are of course super heros. Maybe you are coming into your powers now for the first time.. or you have understood them for some time now. Maybe they are hazardus to the world and you feel you need to contain your power but villians and the world itself gives you more and more reasons to keep them for the greater good... perhaps you have the super man complex... or you are an alin like he. Or were caught in a vat of radioactive liquid. The choice is yours the powers are yours.. the villians and the world is mine!
-100 Points-
-Power Relaint-
-Less Skill Savy-

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Wastelands~

Future most deff. FAR at that, the world is a barren wastland and its people are no better. The world is full of radiation and creatures, people and mutans. (think Fallout) there is dange around every turn and the mosnters are everwhere. And that's just the people ^_^
The idea is survive in this waste land. With a greater purpose in the end.
-Limited Classes-
-50 Points-
-Skill/Feat Heavy-
Well I think its pretty clear we are going for the Wastelands game. As such we are going to give rules on it.

First its a 50 point( you may think its alot but it goes quick) I want a background if you are chosing a non-human (or non-machien) race its assumed you are a mutaint or a midgit. Although your appearence may not very that much from a normal human you have features that make you clearly not.
Your imagination plus the game time period and the class restrictions are your only limits. I want reasons... As well somethings you my find similarities to fallout I am not trying to steal there ideas or anything just suplementing monsters/creatures the story line will be different.. (and hopefully longer.)
Now unlike the Hero game the Wasteland game is not a "the danger comes to you" game. Most of the time you are people with missions or a gun for hire. Some are mutaints trying to get by with what little shread of humanity they have left... if any.
Let me tell you about the game:
The time is well past the year 2146. The world has become a dry irratiated husk of what it once was. Humans are far and few and like the beast they are can be more ruthless then the creatures beyon some city walls. You are who the world lets you be.
Unlike most RPG games there is no alignment and no moral compas people need to adhere to. BUT there is always consequences for your actions. (unless of course you are in the middle of the wastes were no one can here you scream ^_^)
This said undearstand that most people are not obligated to be the super good guy but your not prohibited from it. Then again if a person is a complete a** he might find a kinfe in his back while he sleeps from a member of the group that could care less if he lives or dies. So watch yourselves.

Class restrictions:
Student is out because there is little use for this class and people in the wastes find little use for education or schools besides shelter... (exception if you want to be from a underground shelter then you MAY take this but it is not advies there are better classes.)
Dynamic Sorcerer is out. No exceptions.
Magic Girl is out. No exceptions.
Hot Rod limited after much war most cars are not functional do to the EMP blasts that radiate from them. There is howver some exceptions and ofcourse computers and robots are avalible so why couldn't a car or two hang around too... The point is you will have little freedom with this class because of the time and sanario. let me know if you wish to play it and your ideas.
Mecha pilot limited again. although its possible to walk around in a power suit (such as the Brotherhood of Steel) the robots and armor creatated are not that big. So things of huge size are out.)
Giant Robot few limitations other then you can not be over large size if you gain a class ablility that would increase you to a size larger then that you may have CP equiling the points it would have cost.
Pet Monster Trainer Talk to me.

Other then that its level one and free rane. let me know if you have questions.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:40 am
I'm interested in the one that lets me be a Giant Robot.

if that's both, then either.

Also, I'd need help understanding BESM d20  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Archfiend Damio

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:27 pm
Could be present in both actually.

And I can help with whatever you need. Lets see if we can't get a hold of more people and see what they like.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:12 pm
i like the d20 future one (goes off to acquire a d20 future)  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:27 pm
Well, I mean, help with character creation... it seems all point based for everything and most of that has to go to stats.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:34 pm
No surpsingly it doesn't have to be dummped in your stats. You can make a bad a** character with the right powers/attribuies

Krahken Both of these, would actually be from D20 Big Eye Small Mouth. Not D20 future... although that one could be a possilbity...

I prefer with the creatures I may create and letting people get mutations and things like that D20 BESM would be better.  

Archfiend Damio

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:17 pm
Ok, Jester, you'll have to give me a good run down on how you're suppose to have decent stats to fit your character and have the powers that seem to cost... like... lots of 10 points a rank.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:42 pm
Well, considering you can have as many as several hundred points at your disposal to make a character (DM discretion) it's not too difficult to make a decent character.

The thing with BeSM is that, unlike DnD, your skills are more important than your stats and there's also more emphasis on roleplay than rolling while in combat. For example, if you want to punch an underling in the face, and you have a high skill in unarmed combat, you don't need to roll for it...it's assumed it just happens. Dice rolling really only takes place during MAJOR battles when the enemy is as strong, or stronger, than you.  

bamaotaku
Crew

Archfiend Damio

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:19 pm
Bam is correct. Hence why I also like the system.

Can I assume you are intrested Bam?

Man I expected a better turn out then this... Maybe its the system that has deturred people...  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:25 pm
Yeah.. I can say for me - its' the system. Had either of these been D20 modern or something I'd probably be for it. Just in the event you may change it in the future.  

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

Archfiend Damio

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:57 pm
My problem with those is its SO limited....  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:36 am
Mmmkay... well... I have ideas for giant robot for either. I'll talk with you about how to best build em.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:37 am
What does BESM stand for?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:43 am
Big Eye Small Mouth, its really an anime type setting (Hence the name) but its one of the most versital RPGs I have ever run a crossed. It even gives rules on how to run D&D with BESM, even D20 Modern... the point is anything you can make in those games can be made in BESM.  

Archfiend Damio

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:52 pm
i dont mind it doing d20 besm ill just acquire a copy  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items