Reply The Physics and Mathematics Guild
Pi joke

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jerba2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:10 pm
How do you calculate the volume of a pizza with a radius of z and thickness of a?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:07 am
lol Very good.
And now, for a very bad joke...
There is this farmer who is having problems with his chickens. All of the sudden, they are all getting very sick and he doesn't know what is wrong with them. After trying all conventional means, he calls a biologist, a chemist, and a physicist to see if they can figure out what is wrong. So the biologist looks at the chickens, examines them a bit, and says he has no clue what could be wrong with them. Then the chemist takes some tests and makes some measurements, but he can't come to any conclusions either. So the physicist tries. He stands there and looks at the chickens for a long time without touching them or anything. Then all of the sudden he starts scribbling away in a notebook. Finally, after several gruesome calculations, he exclaims, 'I've got it! But it only works for spherical chickens in a vacuum.'  

Miscenco

SuchSweetSadism

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:24 am
Haha, both were funny. But yeah the other was worse. I guess the first was cuter, and the other was just kinder too long to be very good. D:  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:44 pm
I reject your reality...

Hahahahaha!!! I liked both. The first was funnier, though, I have to agree.

...and substitute my own!

Sioga

Eloquent Genius

Dark Elf Mitsuyo

Tasty Explorer

20,250 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:59 pm
Yahoo has recently found the 2,000,000,000,000,000th number in Pi's sequence... Woot cool

If you are interested to know more.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:53 am
supakeshi
Yahoo has recently found the 2,000,000,000,000,000th number in Pi's sequence... Woot cool

If you are interested to know more.

Hahahaaa! That's crazy.

I wonder what it is? FIVE? SEVEN? Oh man it cant be seven can it? I'll cry. [:  

SuchSweetSadism

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200

Twilight Justice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:11 pm
Miscenco
lol Very good.
And now, for a very bad joke...
There is this farmer who is having problems with his chickens. All of the sudden, they are all getting very sick and he doesn't know what is wrong with them. After trying all conventional means, he calls a biologist, a chemist, and a physicist to see if they can figure out what is wrong. So the biologist looks at the chickens, examines them a bit, and says he has no clue what could be wrong with them. Then the chemist takes some tests and makes some measurements, but he can't come to any conclusions either. So the physicist tries. He stands there and looks at the chickens for a long time without touching them or anything. Then all of the sudden he starts scribbling away in a notebook. Finally, after several gruesome calculations, he exclaims, 'I've got it! But it only works for spherical chickens in a vacuum.'

I prefer this similar one.

An experiment is designed with one empty bucket bolted to the ground, and another empty bucket is left unbolted, beside a well full of water. The experimenters gather an engineer, a physicist, and a mathematician as subjects and told them to fill the empty bucket with water. All three subjects successfully picked up the full bucket, filled it in the well, and dumped its contents into the empty bucket on their respective trials.
Then the experimenters varied the setup; instead of being empty, the movable bucket was half filled with water to begin with. First, the engineer tries, and successfully lowers the half-full bucket into the well, fills it, and pours the contents into the bolted bucket. The physicist tries, emptying the half full bucket of water into the stationary bucket, fills the bucket in the well, and then dumps the entire thing into the bolted bucket, causing water to spill everywhere. The physicist complains the problem is not well defined.
Then the mathematician gives it a go. He stands and stares at the setup for a long time. Then a while longer. And longer still. Finally, he picks up the half full bucket, dumps its contents on the floor, and declares the problem reduced to one already solved.  
The Physics and Mathematics Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games