Our prayers go out to the victims of the Ft Hood shooting

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

famusamu
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:10 am
My thoughts and prayers go out to victims of the senseless Ft. Hood shootings. We often lead to wonder where is G-d when tragedy strikes?? he is right here, His still small voice speaks to those who seek after Him and long for His guidance and wisdom.

One of my hobbies/passions is to go onto Yahoo Answers in the Religion and Spirituality section to answer and ask questions. I came acrossed a particulary disturbing question which I will post, along with my reaction to it:

Are conservative Xtians happy about the massacre at Ft. Hood?

I'm sure a majority are as horrified as the rest of us, but some of them seem to be positively reveling in the carnage. Are they really any different from Al-Queda--celebrating for the deaths of American soldiers?

What ever happened to shame?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Answer:

This is an ignorant question. How can anyone Christian, Jew, Muslim or otherwise be happy about this doctors treasonous betrayal and the loss of innocent lives? This man took an oath to protect and serve our country and he violated that. What it is I find most shocking is that you have the audacity to ask such an erroneous question in the wake of such tragedy.
Do I blame the American Muslim community for Hasan's rampage? Absolutely not! No instead I stand in solidarity with them as Americans, this isn't a Muslim vs. Christian tragedy, No this is an American Tragedy! The entire nations weeps! G-d bless America!!  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:16 am
The deep-seated ugliness in the hearts of the Christ-haters is appalling. They ask twisted, stupid things to hurt and anger others, believing they have struck a blow against "the enemy" by their trolling. Good answer!

That was a sad event and the enemies of America must be rejoicing over us being attacked by one of our own citizens. :/  

Bezant
Crew

Original Explorer

14,475 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Overstocked 200

famusamu
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:42 pm
Cherry Sodah
The deep-seated ugliness in the hearts of the Christ-haters is appalling. They ask twisted, stupid things to hurt and anger others, believing they have struck a blow against "the enemy" by their trolling. Good answer!

That was a sad event and the enemies of America must be rejoicing over us being attacked by one of our own citizens. :/
Yes I agree even the poster writing 'xtian' I found to be offensive. Yes we have to pray for people such as this  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:04 am
Here is a message from a poster in my shout life group:

I know this is my first post...
But I am an American Israeli, living in Tel Aviv...and I am deeply troubled by the recent events in Ft Hood...probably cause I live with this same terror on a daily basis, and to see it happen on American soil, and a non-chalant attitude by the press and public alarms me...

so this begs me to write the following:

FORT HOOD, Texas -- At approximately 1:30 p.m., Nov. 5, a Soldier, Maj. Hasan Nidal Malik, allegedly fired shots into the Soldiers Readiness Processing Center on Fort Hood, resulting in 13 dead and numerous injured. As of this morning, 27 remained hospitalized.
Malik, a confirmed Muslim, whose family roots are situated in East Jerusalem and Ramallah, was not shy to hide his beliefs. In fact, quite the opposite of it! It is reported that in his capacity as a medical Psychiatrist treating military returnees of the war in the Middle East, he argued with his patients about how wrong that war was! Instead of assisting their transition, he inflicted his views on them.
News agencies like CNN are reporting that this incident is more of a job-related stress disorder (PSDD) than what I think it truly is?a terrorist incident?and this time, it is from within our ranks.
Our government had prior knowledge of Malik's beliefs. They had documentation of his behavior prior to this atrocious incident. And yet, nothing was done.
I am not a rocket scientist, but it is not hard to put 2 and 2 together.
His background is Muslim.
His family lives in East Jerusalem and Ramallah
His mother was "born in Palestine in 1952" (there was no Palestine in 1952).
He wrote on various websites that Islamists should rise up and fight the enemy.
On the day of the rampage, he is video-taped at a local 7-11 in Muslim Dress.
There are reports that before he started shooting, he yelled "Allah Akbar" (Allah is great), the usual final shout of an Islamic suicide terrorist.
Putting all these circumstances together?however, profiling is not "politically correct," that is, when it applies to someone of the Islamic religion. In fact, it is considered discrimination in the United States. BUT, wasn't anybody suspicious? What would have been the outcome of this incident if his profile was reviewed and addressed?
To pass off this incident as "he had snapped" or "he has PSDD" does a disservice to our intelligence as well as those who were shot and killed by this madman terrorist. It will also allow would-be Islamic terrorists who publicly display their radicalized views and yet stay under the radar until they are ready to strike.
Sadly, it reminds me of a passage in Ecclesiastes:
Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, therefore the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.
Ecclesiastes 8:11
What if he was profiled due to his past and present behavior? What if someone had taken a second look at this person? I don't know for sure, but I bet 41 families are asking the very same question now.

MaozIsrael

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maoz Israel was established as a non-profit tax-exempt Messianic Jewish organization in the U.S. in 1976 by Ari and Shira Sorko-Ram.

Pioneers in the Messianic Jewish movement, Ari has lived in Israel since 1976 and Shira since 1967. Our focus is to help the Jewish people return to the God of Israel through believing In Jesus, (Yeshua in Hebrew) the Messiah of Israel.
The basis of our faith is found in the Old and New Testaments which promise that one day the Messiah will establish His Kingdom in Jerusalem bringing peace to the whole world.

Maoz underwrites an Israeli Messianic Jewish congregation led by the Sorko-Rams in downtown Tel Aviv, and also supports other congregations in Israel.
Maoz publishes books to build the faith of Israeli believers in Messiah Yeshua - which are distributed to congregations and Bible bookstores throughout Israel.

Maoz manages a humanitarian fund, istandwithisrael.com. by supporting widows, orphans, the needy, oppressed and victims of terrorism in Israel.
It's main goal is to help raise the standard of living of Messianic Jews by providing scholarships for job training and Hebrew language studies (for Jewish immigrants) and college education. In the last four years, istandwithisrael.com has distributed more than $2,500,000 in Israel.
Maoz publishes free of charge, the Maoz Israel Report, written monthly in Israel, will keep you up to date on what is really happening in Israel and the Middle East, from a Judeo-Christian point of view - information and insight that you will not get from the secular media.

Ari and Shira, Israeli citizens, have two children and three grandchildren living in Israel.

http://www.maozisrael.org/site/PageServer?pagename=maoz_homepage  

famusamu
Captain

Karo Kiba

Newbie Soldier

9,975 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Contributor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:47 pm
I do not think that anyone should be rejoicing! It is a serious tragedy. My thoughts and my prayers go out to those brave families. My brother is considering joining the army and my sweetheart is thinking about joining the navy. So I clearly wish to support the families of that horrible shooting. If I had money I'd give it to them. But because I have no job I can only support them with my prayers and thoughts. I thought it fitting that during the memorial one of the speakers brought up a certain passage. I can't remember the exact passage but it was something from Isaiah, along the lines of "Here I am LORD, send me!".  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:59 pm
Karo Kiba
I do not think that anyone should be rejoicing! It is a serious tragedy. My thoughts and my prayers go out to those brave families. My brother is considering joining the army and my sweetheart is thinking about joining the navy. So I clearly wish to support the families of that horrible shooting. If I had money I'd give it to them. But because I have no job I can only support them with my prayers and thoughts. I thought it fitting that during the memorial one of the speakers brought up a certain passage. I can't remember the exact passage but it was something from Isaiah, along the lines of "Here I am LORD, send me!".

Then I heard the Lord asking, "Whom should I send as a messenger to my people? Who will go for us?" And I said, "Lord, I'll go! Send me." Isaiah 6:8  

famusamu
Captain

Takako_Uchiha
Vice Captain

7,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:17 pm
I saw the whole thing play out on fox news. He thinks that women are suppose to be subserviant to men when it was a woman civilian policeman and her partner that paralized him. now isnt that a kick in the teeth to him? Also he will have to answer to God for what he did.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:14 pm
Takako_Uchiha
I saw the whole thing play out on fox news. He thinks that women are suppose to be subserviant to men when it was a woman civilian policeman and her partner that paralized him. now isnt that a kick in the teeth to him? Also he will have to answer to God for what he did.

Oh yes the quran has a whole chapter dedicated to making women subserviant. Surah 4;34 is particularly nasty, it tells muslims to beat their wives!  

famusamu
Captain

Takako_Uchiha
Vice Captain

7,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:59 pm
i find it funny, not haha funny but funny weird that he thought that women where suppose to be subserviant and then he is being paralized by a woman and her partner. I really dont know if her partner was a female or a male.  
Messianic Jewish Guild, an open dialog between Jews and Christians

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games