Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Game Idea: Journey's End [BESM d20] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Raganui Minamoto rolled 12 6-sided dice: 4, 2, 3, 1, 3, 1, 6, 4, 4, 5, 5, 4 Total: 42 (12-72)

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:10 pm
last 3

finals... yea...  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:11 am
If there is still a slot available, I would like to give it a go. My only experience is in D&D 3.5, but this campaign sounds right up my alley. I've been dying to play a rogue again.  

Synyster Pope

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:27 pm
Well, crap. Just realized that money doesn't mean anything in BESM really. As far as I can tell at least.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:04 am
Raganui Minamoto
Well, crap. Just realized that money doesn't mean anything in BESM really. As far as I can tell at least.

In BESM. In BESM d20, it means as much as normal.  

Milady Chris Lightfellow

Tipsy Sex Symbol

8,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:28 pm
Really? Cause it looked like everything was point bought... from armor to weapons.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:53 am
There are actually four BESM books. There is the first book, the Tri-stat book, then the one White Wolf actually bought which is much like D20 BESM but not as updated. Then there is the first D20 Besm compadable with 3.0, and the revised book printed later compadable with 3.5 and D20 modern. That's not evenincluding the Anime off shoots with there own books, such as Trigun anime BESM book, and Salor moon anime BESM book and even Tenchi Muyo anime BESM, all have there own book with veriant rules.

Rag: Money does and doesn't make sense in D20 BESM. If you think about it a street rat homeless kid wouldn't really own a suit of armor unless he stole it, hence you would by e points for Armor.
BUT on the other hand if you were playing Daddy's little rich boy then maybe you would have a full power suit armor.
Its more limited on you character consept and what you wish to do with him. BUT the thing is you can't really pick up major speacial gear off of creature/enemies because you have to pay fo points for it.. although in y case I cause pying for points with armor you find meaning you trained to learn how to use that armor and ca buy up to that rating..

So money is valuable and at the same time not... Hence why there is a Wealth Attribute.  

Archfiend Damio

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:12 pm
Okay... so, tell me how to do this.

I want a Giant Robot. I want him to have both strength and intelligence, being a robot. I want decent defense and for weapon I would like a gun. I also would enjoy having a special attack that would be something akin to Outlaw Star's Caster Gun, in which it loads a large, expensive shell into an odd gun that fires a nice attack, for when you have to use something to finish off that Behemoth chasing you.

Could this be done? Of course, he'd have to be constricted with ties to a certain organization for backing to pay for the special attack bullet.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:45 am
Umm I guess you would have to ask the DM of this game if all that is possible and if it is let me know the points you have to work with and I can help you build it.

Also find out if the use of D20 mecha is allowed. because that will help.

I was just posting that money rant to help the DM with an explenation as some one who understands BESM.  

Archfiend Damio

Bamien the Lotus King

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:11 pm
I'm down.Though I'm very inexperienced in D20 system to for warn you.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:07 pm
Room for one more? I'm trying to get myself reacquainted with BESM  

MT the Clown

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff