Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Game Idea: Journey's End [BESM d20] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Milady Chris Lightfellow

Tipsy Sex Symbol

8,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:08 am
Why it says two games is I'm undecided between the two. BESM d20 is essentially Anime D&D.

[JOURNEY'S END]

You are part of a group of treasure hunters on the planet of Pandora, entering ruins and dangerous places in search of fame, fortune, lost weapons, artifacts, and women (Or, for the femmes, whichever interests them). Your greatest thrill is that of solving puzzling challenges and getting mountains of gold for a reward. There is no battle between good or evil that you care about, no world saving quest... Simply put, you only care for testing your mettle against monsters, magic, and traps...

And to the victor, the spoils.

STARTING LEVEL: 2
STATS: 4d6 drop lowest 8 times and drop the two lowest results. I do not do point buy.
CHARACTER POINTS: 34+1d10
CLASS SELECTION: Any class that doesn't require an alignment of Good or Evil. If it can be Neutral, you can use it.
ALIGNMENT: Chaotic Neutral, True Neutral, or Lawful Neutral.
RACE SELECTION: Same as class, must be capable of being Neutral. Cannot be forced alignment of Good or Evil without damn good reason of why you're neutral.
SOURCE MATERIAL: Any books are alright.
STARTING GOLD: 15,000. Yes, a lot for level 2s, but you're TREASURE HUNTERS. The first level is for 'experience in the field'. You've done some jobs before. Plan accordingly to the campaign and your profession and it will treat you well. Buy only combat related items, and you might not last long.
SPECIAL INFORMATION:

-When starting, you know of a Hunter Guild associate who can make exceptional magic items for half price. You MAY make an Int roll (DC only known to me, I'll tell you if you succeed or not) to find them. If you do, any and all magic items you have made during character creation will be half-price. You CANNOT use this associate after your character is created nor tell others where he/she is. This person will be used later for storyline elements.

-This game, as you guessed, has heavy emphasis on puzzle solving and trap evasion. Most monsters you will find in these puzzle ruins will have puzzle elements involved in combat with them. I will not tell you when some enemies cannot be hurt and require quick thinking and/or action to get passed, I leave that to you all to figure out. As well, anytime someone in game asks for 'one answer' to solve a puzzle, a vocally solved one, you EACH get to make an answer.

-Combat will often be based around fighting rivals or enemies on the way to some ruins. Even these will have some elements that puzzle solvers can make them go by quickly, often related to location of combat. Think strategically and use your surroundings to your advantage.

-Requirements of players: Out of five or six players, I require TWO characters to be female and TWO males. At the least. Characters with a curse or ability to change gender do not count as both, but rather as the gender they were born as. Why is because some puzzles may require 'a woman's touch' or 'a man's touch'. You will know them when you see them. If there is not enough for this simple requirement, I will randomly choose players and force them to change their chara's gender. And if you go with Hermaphrodite for the lulz, it counts as female. In opposition, Shemale is male.

-New skills! Every level, you get 2 Guild Skill points, but you begin with 8 as a Level 2. These cannot be used on skills other than Guild Skills and Skill points cannot be used on Guild Skills. I will write them out now.

Guild (Knowledge) - Int Based
This counts as a Knowledge skill. This roll is made for any knowledge or intelligence check based around the guild and your profession of Treasure Hunter.

SPECIAL: Everyone starts with a free rank in Knowledge.

Guild (Rank) - Cha Based
This counts as a Gather Information skill. You are able to use the guild's considerable resources to gather information about ruins, puzzles, solutions, people and places of note, etc. If you need information, you can get it.

SPECIAL: Everyone starts with 1 free rank in Rank.

SPECIAL2: Your maximum in Rank is equal to your maximum in Cross-Class, rounded down.

Guild (Associate) - Cha Based
This counts as a Profession skill. The higher this, the higher your salary within the guild. This is a fixed income so, while others might scrape by to get money, you are getting regular payments. Your payment figure is 100g x Skill Level = Daily Salary.

Guild (Bartering) - Cha Based
This is a selling skill. The higher your rank, the more you can get for selling your share of the loot. This does not get you a bigger take in the pure gold, you can only sell the items you find for more. The additional gold is +20% x Skill Level = Profit

SPECIAL: You may ONLY take Associate OR Bartering. You cannot have both. Pick one or the other. Do you want fixed salary or bigger sales? Your choice. Yes, you can get more with Bartering, but only when you get a good take from some ruins. Also remember that if the ruins are seven days travel from town and one person has Associate Rank 5+3 Cha, they're getting 800g per day. 800g x 7 days = 5600g just for travelling. Sure, the guy with Rank 4+1 Bartering might be getting an extra 15,000g for selling, but the Associate guy made 11200g just for being there. This does not include his take from the treasure. Either way, you can make a LOT of money.

Whichever you choose, you get one free rank in it.

PLAYERS

6 (If needed)  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:08 pm
Sounds interesting... I think I have one of the BESM books, but I am unsure if there are multiple types or not.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Ryuu Sanada

Divine Knight

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:55 pm
If this is 3.5e, I'd be interested in this. Seems fun.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:30 am
I kinda wanna try BESM, but, anything that lets me do fun stuff with things I'll join... actually gives you a reason to use skills like jump, appraise, and the other fun ones.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:41 am
This sounds really cool. If it's 3.5 I'll join. =)

Though what class to pick...  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:34 am
Seems like no one wants to try a new system...  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

bamaotaku
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:16 am
Well, there were two systems to BeSM. The first system wasn't d20 and it was based around buying skills and templates to develop your character. The d20 version, like she said, is a lot more like DnD with some freeform elements.

I certainly wouldn't be opposed to giving a BeSM game a try, though if she decides on going with 3.5 I'd still play.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:04 am
We will be using the BESM d20 system. If you wish to play, there ARE BESM d20 pdfs available on the internet, but I am not giving links to those. Using BESM allows me to use some of the less realistic traps I'd thought of, to keep you all further on your toes. Because in anime, ANYTHING can happen.

I am not a cruel DM, but my puzzles and traps can be downright evil if you don't pay enough attention.  

Milady Chris Lightfellow

Tipsy Sex Symbol

8,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:07 pm
Well, you have one Giant Robot character on your side... who's probably not really that giant... think about the size of an RaCast from Phantasy Star Online.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:14 am
What books would a player need to make their character. I found some but don't know which ones to get. I'll try out the BeSM system for some fun.  

Ryuu Sanada

Divine Knight

Milady Chris Lightfellow

Tipsy Sex Symbol

8,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:26 am
Ryu Gekkou
What books would a player need to make their character. I found some but don't know which ones to get. I'll try out the BeSM system for some fun.

All you need for BESM d20 is a BESM d20 handbook, a 3.0/3.5e D&D PHB, and that's all.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:31 pm
You could probably get buy using the DnD 3.5 SRD at that point.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Raganui Minamoto rolled 1 10-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-10)

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:44 pm
Starting Character Points.  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 20 6-sided dice: 6, 3, 4, 1, 4, 1, 3, 1, 1, 1, 2, 1, 6, 4, 4, 1, 1, 5, 2, 2 Total: 53 (20-120)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:08 pm
rolls 1-5

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items