Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Would your life be very different if you weren't a goth? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SADERR

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:18 pm
Okay, let us say you never had much of an interest in goth fashion, or for whatever other reason was not a goth. Same thing goes for the music.

I mean, it's a part of us, but in the end would it make a giant difference, if we're still us? The same mindset and all..

What do you think would be different about your life if you weren't a goth?

(Aside from "i wud be acepted bi al dos pepl hu h8 me", "i wouldn't be expressing myself", and "Well..I'd have more colour loads in my laundry?")  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:44 pm
nope nothing would of change  

satanistlordi

2,400 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Member 100
  • Consumer 100

Xahmen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:49 pm
I'm not a goth, I'm only here for the lulz  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:37 pm
I think I would be different in that my interests would be less morbid and spooky.

That is, my tastes in literature, poetry, film and plays; myths and legends; images, patterns and objects; colours; animals and plants; acid hallucinations (you pretty much see what you like- I saw skulls, lace and Tibetan dragons, for example); perhaps even weather.

I don't think my music taste would be effected, but who knows.

{EDIT} After reading back that list I think that there would be a substantial difference in my personality. Not my morals and such, just that all these things make up a lot of who I am.
And now that I think on that further, being an outcast in highschool put me in the mind of the minority which has definitely had a profound effect on my personality where it's grown into serious anti-establishment, though not where I wish anyone harm, quite the opposite.

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

Sulphuric

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:49 am
Meh, just a silly little label that hardly applies to me, so I'd mainly just not be in this guild, would stop referring to myself as "geeky goth/gothy geek" and would probably still be listen to crappy music because I wouldn't be able to find anything better. Or something.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:10 am
I would still be me, even thought I'll accept the goth label that's not souly what I am. I'd still listen to the same music, wear the same clothes ect. I like those things cause i like them not cause they're "goth" things, cause that stuff changes pretty often.  

Milo-Bveyele

the_underworks

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:40 am
Maybe i would get laid more often.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:42 am
My discovering goth and starting to identify with it has influenced my life a lot.

Of course, I wouldn't have the great music that so resonates with my soul [because goth bands aren't very generally known and you probably won't get to know about them by chance if you don't purposely look for them], neither the beautiful clothing elements.

But something yet greater than that is my boyfriend. I met him thanks to an internet site that I would never have visited if I hadn't known or been interested in goth: christiangoth.com . Thanks to the mailing list there we started being emailing friends. And that developped in love... after lots of chatting, emailing, talking on phone, we finally could meet in real life too... and now we've been a couple already for three years and want to stay together always.  

Ametrin

Sayga Takaino

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:54 pm
It would probably change my tastes in music a lot. When i first found my darkness, i was more of metalhead. I'd probably be a bit more popular due to the fact metal is more mainstream in my school.

I found my darkness at a bar mitzvah of a friend (yes i'm jewish). They started handing out these black wristbands (which i am still wearing mine at this very moment). When i put it on i wasn't really changed. I took a step outside where i saw a graveyard. At that point in time i wondered, what would it be like to be goth? So when i got home i looked up what goth really was and started listening to Bela Lugosi is Dead and numerous other songs. Long story short, i liked it. Now there's also the fact i was heavily made fun of at school which made me so unhappy, and my uncle who was punk back in the day, that may have influenced my interest.
But who really needs my life story?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:46 pm
the_underworks

And this is why I love your posts. xD  

SADERR

Angel of the End

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:48 pm
Sayga Takaino
It would probably change my tastes in music a lot. When i first found my darkness, i was more of metalhead. I'd probably be a bit more popular due to the fact metal is more mainstream in my school.

I found my darkness at a bar mitzvah of a friend (yes i'm jewish). They started handing out these black wristbands (which i am still wearing mine at this very moment). When i put it on i wasn't really changed. I took a step outside where i saw a graveyard. At that point in time i wondered, what would it be like to be goth? So when i got home i looked up what goth really was and started listening to Bela Lugosi is Dead and numerous other songs. Long story short, i liked it. Now there's also the fact i was heavily made fun of at school which made me so unhappy, and my uncle who was punk back in the day, that may have influenced my interest.
But who really needs my life story?

Yay, I love Jews ^^ That's pretty awesome.

As for me... well, it's the music I like, art, literature, appearence... alot would be very different if you were to remove that part of me and of my life.... if it wasn't there, I would probably be a hard-core punk/emo, listening to Billy Idol, Hawthorne Heights, Misfits... ripped black jeans, tats, more grunge-style hair, leather jackets, ext.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:50 pm
It'd just mean I'd one less genre to listen to.

So, I guess I'd have more space on my hard drive. That's it.  

Tactical Wombat

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:09 pm
Jonathonn
the_underworks

Same here.

*chuckles*  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:31 am
XWraith_LordX
Jonathonn
the_underworks

Same here.

*chuckles*
This post was actually more of an attempt to make a witty post.
But the fact remains, this is truthfully my opinion on the subject. xd  

the_underworks

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas