Welcome to Gaia! ::

Intellectual Islamic Guild

Back to Guilds

A drama-free guild devoted to Islamic disscussion. 

Tags: Islam, drama-free, discussion, Muslim, Religion 

Reply Chatterbox/charity
Making coffee in the nude.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Call Me Apple
Vice Captain

Sparkly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:39 pm
http://www.nbc33tv.com/news/naked-man-arrested-house

A man was arrested for making coffee in the nude.
The problem was he was in front of an open doorway, where a woman and child saw him.

Sure it was his house, but before we go prancing around naked - how about closing the doors and blinds? Why is that so hard to ask?
Actually, our local news said he MAY face up to 1 year in jail...I feel sorry for him, but some people have to learn common sense the hard way.

What do you all think?
Do you think his possible punishment is too harsh?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:38 am
Because it was only in his own home, I would just give him a minor charge and fine him, but not send him to jail. It's not as if he was intentionally walking the streets or entering a public place naked. People do tend to take it more seriously when a child is involved, but if that's the case, sentence him to community service or something. I can't see the justification in taking a year of someone's life for being naked and forgetting to close the door, even if it was stupid.  

Majnooni

Arisu-Rin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:28 pm
Majnooni
Because it was only in his own home, I would just give him a minor charge and fine him, but not send him to jail. It's not as if he was intentionally walking the streets or entering a public place naked. People do tend to take it more seriously when a child is involved, but if that's the case, sentence him to community service or something. I can't see the justification in taking a year of someone's life for being naked and forgetting to close the door, even if it was stupid.

Agreed. Jail was a bit too much..he should have just gotten charged  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:57 am
I thought it was the weirdest thing he was arrested for this. I understand (more or less) the mechanics of US law surrounding nudity, but it's still so strange to me.

Yes, he was visible, and yes, she should've closed the blinds. However, if I were the woman. My first thought would be to perhaps alert the man that he is visible and that it might not be appropriate, and ask him kindly to close the door/blinds/curtains.

Never in my mind would it ever occur to me to call the police.. xD  

Nennies

Chatterbox/charity

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces