Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥Tim Burton/Johnny Depp/Danny Elfman♥

Back to Guilds

For any and all tim burtan, johnny depp and now danny elfman fans that like any or all of their movies and songs♥ 

Tags: johnny depp, tim burton, nightmare before christmas, edward scissor hands, danny elfman 

Reply ♥Tim Burton/Johnny Depp/Danny Elfman♥
The Imaginarum of Dr Parnassus

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have You Seen It?
  Yes
  No
  I Want Too
  Other/Poll Whore
View Results

Noxy Nevermore
Vice Captain

Liberal Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:57 pm
So I just came back from seeing the above titled movie by one of my favourite directors, Terry Gilliam. I was wondering if anyone else had or was planning to see it? I thought it fitted since Johnny Depp does appear along side the amazingly talented Heath Ledger, may he rest in piece.

If you did see it what are your thoughts? If you are planning to what are you looking forward too and if you aren't interested why?

Personally I thought it was masterful in true Gilliam style and all the actors where amazing within the movie. In my somewhat biased view Ledger and Depp made the character they portrayed come to life and dare I say become a loveable rogue you couldn't help but love. By far it was one of the best performances I've seen Ledger give and it just reminds me what a shining star we have lost....

Now I shall stop wittering on and let you people have your say.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:15 pm
Holly crap. Its out?
I thought it came out on christmas. Do you live in the US?
Because I was almost sure that it was coming out Christmas day in the US.  

Spunky Sparrow

Noxy Nevermore
Vice Captain

Liberal Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:27 am
No I live in England but I would recommend seeing it.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:05 pm
has it come out in america yet? i wanna see it...  

KittyChic1029

Invisible Cat

9,750 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100

PersephonePaige

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:56 pm
i cant wait to see it but it hasnt come to my theaters yet  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:19 pm
That sucks.
I hope you all enjoy it when it does come out  

Noxy Nevermore
Vice Captain

Liberal Lunatic

Miki-i

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:36 pm
Nox, wonderful review. I have to agree, the movie is brilliant! The cast was fantastic.. and the imaginarium beyond the mirror was stunning.. I believe everyone who played out the part of Tony did a wonderful job.. We really did lose a shining star with heath. :{ I did see a bit of old Monty Python in it.. especially the Dancing Policeman.. I'm not going to say much more for I don't want to give anything away for those who haven't seen it yet..

Terry is definitely one of my favorite directors too.. It's not being released in the US till December 25th.. he seems to always have quite a fight trying to get his films out.. Hollywood seems to give him a difficult time because he's different then them and doesn't follow their rules, I got to see him at San Diego Comic Con with Verne Troyer to talk about the movie, he said he was having a difficult time and that as of that moment they still didn't have a U.S distributor.. That's why it's taking longer to show in the US.. :/ Sony pictures agreed in August to show it.. the excuse that the distributors and studios were using was that they didn't know how to market it.. a lame excuse. The movie is brilliant.. I definitely plan on seeing it again!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:52 am
I couldn't agree more! At first I wasn't so sure how it would work out having the different actors for the same part but in the end I thought it worked brilliantly. I would say more but I'm afraid to give to much away. I will say though I loved how beyond the Mirror the many Tony's almost gave an insight into the person. It might just be me but that's all I say. I couldn't help feeling sorry for Heath's Tony though as he really didn't seem to remember anything and it was another brilliant performance by him. We really did lose a great actor.

The moment I saw the dancing Policemen I couldn't help but think of Monty Python. It's little things like that that make Terry's movies and made the Monty Python Series and movies so funny I think.

I can't believe that, although I know he's had trouble before. One of my favourite movies by him, Twelve Monkeys, wasn't really accepted that great over there, I've heard. Yet I think it's amazing. I wish Hollywood were more open to the weirder side of movies than just the run of mill main stream stuff though.  

Noxy Nevermore
Vice Captain

Liberal Lunatic

Miki-i

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:22 am
The movie came out in the US on Christmas day, only in LA & NYC.. They said it was going to have a nationwide release on the 8th.. It only opened to about 400 theaters.. and they have barely done any advertising. I have seen the trailer on tv once. The marketing for the movie sucked. I have seen the excuse that it's too different and the U.S audience wouldn't understand it.. That is just a lame excuse, if they marketed it here and gave it a normal release it would of done just fine. This really wasn't fair to Terry.. He had a hard time finding a distributor here in the first place, and i think this one is just holding him down.. it is wrong.

They do this to all his films.. Tideland made it to art theaters, and then was pulled from some of them even before showing.. Tweleve Monkeys is fantastic, it's not that he wouldn't be accepted well here.. it's that there is people high up in the movie business here that is giving him a lot of trouble. :{ I already know quite a few people that want to see this, and it's not even playing in their area... It's really sad that they are doing this to Heath's last movie.. and another fantastic movie from Terry!

The different actors as Tony did soooo fantastic with keeping it Heath's Tony.. down to the movements, and how they said their lines.. they did so well all playing the same part. And it really made sense.. I don't want to say much because i don't want to give any of it away.. so nox, i'll send ya a pm.. ;D

For those who haven't seen it.. hopefully you find it in your area and get a chance to see it!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:45 pm
oh my GOSH i wanna see this movie so bad! lol

yellow-and-pink-dinosaur

KittyChic1029

Invisible Cat

9,750 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:28 pm
i really want to see this, but it still hasn't come out around my area...*sob*  
♥Tim Burton/Johnny Depp/Danny Elfman♥

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games