Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Writing on the Wall

Back to Guilds

Are you literate? Do you write poetry, short stories, long stories, prose, roleplays. . . anything? Share your talent with the world! 

Tags: Writing, Poetry, Prose, Stories, RolePlay 

Reply The Writing on the Wall
story

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SuffocatingMisery_666

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:50 pm
In my room, singing and dancing like an idiot with all of my friends. My friend Jake comes into the room with a friend..a cute friend I may add. I stop the recording button.
"Dude! Emmilie, get over here." Jake orders and I walk over to Jake.
"What's up?" I ask, rolling up my jackets sleeves and putting my hands in my pocket.
"I want you to meet my friend Devan." Jake smiles.Jake steps closer to me. "You and devan would make the perfect couple." Jake whispers in my ear. What the hell? I just met this guy, Devan, and Jake is already saying that me and devan would make the perfect couple? So strange...Jake steps out from between Devan and I, and just looks at the both of us. Jake turns to Devan first.
"Devan, this is Emmilie." Jake starts and turns toward me. "Emmilie, this is Devan." Jake smiles. "Now you two have been introduced, go talk." Jake insists. Then Devan and I both look at Jake like he's crazy.
"Don't you think that you're kinda pushing the idea of Devan and I being friends?" I ask.
"Yeah, that was the point. And you two had to meet sooner or later, it's fate." Jake jokes.
"I thought that you didnt believe in that fate crap?" Devan asks Jake.
"He doesn't, he's just saying that it would be better if we did meet and be friends."

Days...weeks...months and years have passed, and Devan and I are the best of friends. Devan is almost like an older brother to me, although we're friends with benefits, but just because we're not sure if dating would be the best idea just yet. Its saturday morning..And I finally wake up from a long night...I sit up from the couch. Where the hell am i? I'm not even in my room. Oh hell, I'm not even in my house! I get off the couch and examine my tummy, my chest,my arms and my legs. I have tattoos? Since when? Oh my god! Did Devan and I have sex last night?! Wow...i found a tattoo on my chest that said E+D forever. I have a tattoo on my left wrist that says 'Love is a fire' and an anklet on my left ankle? When did i get an anklet? I get out of the room and there are beer bottles, ashtrays and the faintest scent of weed still lingering in the air. And even though the scent is faint, it still smells pretty good and refreshing. I go into the kitchen and find a note. 'I'll be back in an hour baby Emmy, love,Devan.' My finger slides on the corner, and I feel a little sting. I look at my finger. It's bleeding. But...holy s**t! I'm engaged! To...Devan? When in the hell did he buy me this ring? When in the hell did he propose? I'm starting to feel a bit lightheaded. I grab into my jacket pockets, and find a whole pack of Marlboro menthols and I take my liter from my other pocket and light the cigarette listening to music, while waiting for Devan to get back. I finish five of the cigarettes, and I look for some weed. Crap...no weed. We must have smoked it all last night or at like midnight or something...crap. TO BE CONTINUED...

Should I continue the story?

It's about a girl named Emmilie that makes a new friend the day she first meets them. As time goes on, they grow together and act somewhat like boyfriend and girlfriend. One night at a party, Emmilie and Devan get drunk and high together. The next morning, Emmilie finds out that she has mysterious tattoos and that she is engaged to Devan.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:41 pm
The one thing I noticed (I haven't had time to read it yet) was the fact that you never learned how to use a shift key.

Literacy is important in this guild, and literacy includes proper usage of spelling, grammar, and punctuation. I consider capitalization part of punctuation.

This is strike one. Fix the capitalization problems, please.

Pup in Fluff
Captain

Invisible Sex Symbol

8,475 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200

SuffocatingMisery_666

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:44 am
All right, thanks for letting me know. I fixed the capititalization problems for you. I hope that you will get the chance to read the story. Ideas and insults are welcome at anytime.  
The Writing on the Wall

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games