Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[3.5e] Oriental Adventures (Full 8/7) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shingami Hiroshi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:04 pm
By the way mind answering my previous questions? (Wallrunning and unequiping, taint danger, and cursed obsedian.) I may use them to break the tie or simply go ahead with that d4 idea.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:16 pm
Last I thought Kusarigami can be wielding one handed, but you lose the use of its chain and the ability to throw the weapon. As for the taint dagger, its taints is possessor and the target its used on, the Nezumi's immunity to taint will likely be changed up by me to a resistance so that Nezumi are still affected. No making/buying Jade or Obsidian weapons; you will be granted such things in story when you get to the point of it. Again no Jade Fingers yet either.  

Ryuu Sanada

Divine Knight

Shingami Hiroshi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:33 pm
Okay, I think I may have decided on the nezumi. I think she, role playing wise, has more in connection roukugen. I would apreciate keeping taint immunity. While I never acquire a taint score, any damage from a taint source still goes through. Besides the idea of the only one you know who won't sucomb to the taint is the vicious dishonerable ninja sounds fun. I can watch the rest of group suspicously, ready to play the executioner when, whether out of evidence or simply pure paranoia, I suspect them of succumbing to the taint. Of course the decision is up to you. I will start on the character sheet soon.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:39 pm
Okay, I've been thinking and now I'm stuck on more or less three races/PrCs that I'm thinking of taking for my shape-shifter.

Races:
1) Changling [MM3]: Free Alter Self, Speak Languages skill, lots of RPing fun.
2) Shifter [MM3]: Limited time "shifts", nice abilities that stack with druid levels (class of choice as of now).
3) Hengeyokai [OA]: Ability to shape-shift to small woodland creature. Got to love it.

PrCs:
1) Nature's Warrior [Complete Warrior]: Gain some nice abilities that help with both in and out of animal forms, along with stacking with the Druid's Wild Shape ability. Earliest I can take a level is for lvl 5 thanks to the Knowledge (Nature) 8 ranks requirement.
2) Shapechanger [OA]: Compliments the Druid's Wild Shape Ability, basically stacks along with giving more uses of shifting for both the Shifter and Hengeyokai (since Changlings can use their Alter Self whenever they want). Have to take it for lvl 8 at earliest, Concentration 10 ranks being the hardest requirement.
3) Warshaper [Complete Warrior]: *The abillity to always be armed as you can always form claws or a bite attack when you are not in base form
*+4 to Str and Con *+5 Reach
*Fast Healing 2, and the abillity to heal 10 points of damage with a concentration check as a full round action. (DC = Damage dealt) *Immunity to Critical Hits and Stunning. All I really need is a +4 BA to get in, easily reached by the time 5th lvl comes around

Problem is that I'm not out to "break" the game, and yet I'm continuously thinking about just making something like a Fighter/Warshaper Changling that focuses on using Natural attacks or something of the like. A free +4 to both Str & Con, always armed, Fast Healing, and Immunity makes it really nice sounding.
But if I choose one of the other two races I'll not have the nice bonuses as long each day. So I guess what I'm asking is "How does the Dm rule the 'Alter Self' ablity being counted as a 'alternate form' for the Warshaper's abilities?"  

Yurro

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Ryuu Sanada

Divine Knight

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:08 pm
-looks the info for Yurro since its not posted here- I'll edit in a reply after I read it

Hiro: Actually, that sounds funny.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:55 pm
Ok, finally working on my character, by the way, what are the restriction as to what we can and can't do to our weapons enhancement wise? And can I still get Soul of sincerity, or should I choose one of the revised feats (the feat was deleted in the update)  

Shingami Hiroshi

Ryuu Sanada

Divine Knight

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:29 am
If it was deleted then one of the revised  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:27 am
http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/profiler/view_char.php?cid=31627

Ok here is my character so far, I will finish up buying equipment (shurikens, flash bombs, etc) tomorrow, though I got the big stuff out of the way. That Kusari gama of wounding ate up my money, and it won't even work agains oni -_-. But it sounds cool and will be quite a benefit against others we encounters. I was also trying to get the blink ring and nekode of spider clibing to be more ninjaish, but the ring would mean absolutely zero gold left over and they jacked up the price for the nekode. I will also take the time to write a bio and description. So to get confirmation, does the nezumi get taint immunity or resistance, and if so, what number is the resistance score.

(Ignore the whole servant of the oni thing, its the only pic of ink eyes that I found that did not incorperate the card)  

Shingami Hiroshi

Ryuu Sanada

Divine Knight

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:24 am
Keep it immunity. Your idea amuses me. and I like your characters pic. I believe yours is the only female character. xD

Though, a bit of bad news, Complete Adventurer isn't on the book list. Gomen, only Warrior, Mage, and Scoundrel made the list  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:37 am
Ryu Gekkou
Keep it immunity. Your idea amuses me. and I like your characters pic. I believe yours is the only female character. xD

Though, a bit of bad news, Complete Adventurer isn't on the book list. Gomen, only Warrior, Mage, and Scoundrel made the list
so...then...does that mean no tempest???  

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

MT the Clown

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:38 am
Vorastrix
Ryu Gekkou

so...then...does that mean no tempest???
*pat pat* Sorry mate.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:17 pm
Done, just got to add bio and that stuff.

Reciept: 27000
18610 Gp +1 Kusari Gama of wounding
4000 Gp Guanlets of orge strength
2000 Gp +1 natural armor
1000 Gp Large scorpion poison (5)
1 Gp Pouch belt
1000 Gp Tanglefoot bag (20)
10 Gp Caltrops (10)
10 Gp Shuriken (100)
200 Gp Smoke sticks (10)
1 Gp rations (2)
8 Gp Ink
20 Gp Sake (2)
=140  

Shingami Hiroshi

Yurro

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:35 pm
Okay, here is a little more info...

Warshaper: [The class features function only when the warshaper is in a form other than her own.]
1st lvl-Morphic Immunities: Warshapers are immune to stunning and critical hits. Morphic Weapons: As a move action, a warshaper can grow natural weapons such as claws or fangs, allowing a natural attack that deals the appropriate amount of damage according to the size of the new form. These morphic weapons need not be natural weapons that the creature already possesses. If the warshaper's form already has a natural weapon of that type, the weapon deals damage as if it were one category larger. A warshaper can change morphic weapons as often as it likes, even if it is using a shapechaanging technique such as the polymorph spell or the wild shape class feature that doesn't allow subsequent changes after the initial transformation.
2nd lvl-Morphic Body: A warshaper can use its precise control over its form to make itself stronger and heartier. It gains +4 to Strength and Constitution.
3rd lvl-Morphic Reach: A warshaper of 3rd level or higher can suddenly stretch its limbs, neck, or other appendages outward, giving it 5 more feet of reach then the creature it's emulating. Unlike other creatures, warshapers don't appear to have longer reach until they actually use it.
4th lvl-Morphic Healing: A warshaper becomes able to change its form where wounds appear, creating smooth skin where once were wounds. The warshaper gains fast healing 2, and if it spends a full-round action and succeeds on a Concentration check (DC equal to the total damage it has sustained), it heals 10 points of damage.
5th lvl-Don't plan on taking anyways...

Changeling: (since the MM doesn't give as detailed info as the Races of Eberron book does [still the same race and all])
Minor Change Shape (Su): Changelings have the supernatural ability to alter their appearance as though using a disguise self spell that affects their bodies but not their possessions. This ability is not an illusory effect but a minor physical alteration of a changeling’s facial features, skin color and texture, and size, within the limits described for the spell. A changeling can use this ability at will, and the alteration lasts until he changes shape again. A changeling reverts to his natural form when killed. A true seeing spell reveals his natural form. When using this ability to create a disguise, a changeling receives a +10 circumstance bonus on Disguise checks. Using this ability is a full-round action.

Shifter: (same as Changeling on info)
Shifting (Su): A shifter can tap into his lycanthropic heritage to gain short bursts of physical power. Once per day, a shifter can enter a state that is superficially similar to a barbarian’s rage. Each shifter has one of ten shifter traits—characteristics that manifest themselves when a character is shifting. Each shifter trait typically provides a +2 bonus to one of the character’s physical ability scores (Strength, Dexterity, or Constitution) and grants some other advantage as well. Shifter traits are described in the following section. Shifting is a free action and lasts for a number of rounds equal to 3 + the shifter’s Constitution modifier. (If a shifter trait or other effect increases the character’s Constitution modifier, use the newly improved modifier.) A shifter can take feats to improve this ability. These shifter feats are described in Chapter 3 of the EBERRON Campaign Setting. Every shifter feat a character takes increases the duration of his shifting by 1 round. For every two shifter feats a character takes, the number of times per day he can tap into the ability increases by one. So, a character with two shifter feats can shift two times per day (instead of the usual one), and each use of the ability lasts for a number of rounds equal to 5 (instead of 3) + the shifter’s Con modifier. Shifting, though related to and developed from lycanthropy, is neither an affliction nor a curse. It is not passed on by bite or claw attacks, and a shifter can’t be cured—shifting is a natural ability for the race.

I'm currently leaning towards one of two (and a half) characters. [Future lvls]
1) Changeling Ranger 4/Warshaper 4[/Shapechanger ?/ Nature's Warrior 5] {Combat oriented}
2) Shifter Druid 6/Nature's Warrior 2[+3/Warshaper 4/Druid or Shapechanger ?] {Shifting/Wild shaping/spell oriented}
or the ever classical....
3) Changeling Druid 6/Warshaper 2[+2/Nature's Warrior 5/ Shapechanger ?] ;P Choices, choices.... Up to Dm's ruling on Changelings and Warshapers really. v-v  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:00 pm
Warshaper is fine since it is in CW. I have no issues with Shifters or Changlings since they are in MM3. Though as a note you may want to check the OA book for classes not in the campaign world, such as Druid. So as long as you don't fall back on Druid or any other OA barred class, then you should be fine.  

Ryuu Sanada

Divine Knight

Yurro

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:12 am
Shoot! I forgot that Druids aren't in OA! Well I guess that means I'll be going with the Ranger ^o^;;  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff