Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Primal power!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:55 pm
To start off: this.

I would like to say this is awesome! I've wanted to build a lightning themed warden around the storm sentinel PPath, preferably a stormsoul genasi, but there were never enough good storm-feeling powers, now they're gonna plop a class feature and a bunch of powers right in my lap. This is going to be the best thing since familiars. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:31 am
Aw, shucks. I was totally already going lightning-and-thunder theme with Balasar. Looks like I made him a couple months too soon.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:51 am
I think it is pretty awesome. Becuase I've never fancied playing a warden, but I may try now, because I looooove lightning powers. In everything from Final Fantasy, to DnD, to Star Wars...I love lightning!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:59 am
It does sound pretty bad a**.  

Oshi the Killer

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:16 am
I'm actually more interested to find out about the Life Warden, personally >_>  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:22 am
Rain Yupa
I'm actually more interested to find out about the Life Warden, personally >_>
that sounds interesting too, but will probably be like the vestige-lock in that pretty much all of the build will have to come from primal power. I imagine it would be kinda like a really heal-y paladin.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:16 am
I have this thing against Paladins, so having a paladin-like option without the personal stigmata stigma would definitely be up my alley >_>  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:19 am
Rain Yupa
stigmata
paladins make you bleed spontaneously?  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:51 am
SporkMaster5000
Rain Yupa
stigmata
paladins make you bleed spontaneously?

As much as I want to say that was purely a typo, they really kind of do.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:57 pm
So, primal power came out. I got a copy, some good stuff. Much as divine power gave some added info on Dieties, this book names some of the more prominent primal spirits, and gives some backstory to them (which is cool, since unlike the deities, there's not really any fluff from previous editions on these guys).

Aside from the warden options, both of which are pretty hot, we've got TWF barbarians, with the ranger's one-handed as off-hand feature, and a bunch of nice feats. Merge held items when you wild shape, free action call spirit companion, the first power book with feats that don't require that power source, and that's just in heroic tier.

Personally, I want to find a way to get an assissin/barbarian multiclass to work. belt of the brawler + improvised missile + ki focus = never use a real weapon again.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Oni Akai

Aged Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:41 am
Swarm form Druids have got to be my favorite thing in the book. That, and dual wield barbarians. Finally, my halfling barbarian is reality! twisted  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:01 pm
I recently got my own copy, and I havent looked at its options too deeply just yet but I'm glad its out it will give more reason to play such classes  

JinKazamaru

2,750 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:11 am
This pictures pretty bad a**.

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/excerpts_1012.jpg

I'm assuming that's a Minotaur Lightning Warden.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games